How bout them FROGS !!!!!

Rat

Reaction score
I'm not, but it looks like TCU has this anyway.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if Baylor blows out K-State tonight. TCU and Baylor would have comparable resumes in that situation.

It'd also be interesting to see if TCU and Baylor both make it if two out of Alabama, FSU, and OSU lose today. That would be a disastrous situation for the committee, since you'd basically be penalizing the other conferences for having a championship game.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
No doubt that this system is not perfect but IMHO it is better.

I don't put as much weight on the head to head thing, as some do, because let's face it, the BEST team doesn't always win. This system is supposed to make sure the 4 best teams get in.

I am a TCU fan and have been since I moved to Texas in "87", I also pull for Baylor. I honestly believe in my heart that, this year, TCU is the Better team.

ruffENrowdy

Reaction score
Boise state is my team, but I've always respected TCU. Out of the top four, I hope they win it all!

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
ruffENrowdy":2jeos13e said:
Boise state is my team, but I've always respected TCU. Out of the top four, I hope they win it all!

Me too but I'm not confident they will stay in top 4.
Lots of pressure on committee over the head to head thing, with BAYLOR.

I've always liked Boise too, they are another David in a world full of Goliaths.
In fact that's how I started rooting for TCU.
Couldn't jump on the Longhorn or aggie band wagon.
Cept I hate that blue field. :{)

Rat

Reaction score
Boise State should join the Big 12, along with another team, so they can have a championship game. They should have been mandated to have one before this playoff thing started.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I actually had thought that Boise State should move to the PAC 12. I thought that would be the next step and logical as they are pretty much on the west coast. At the time of the increase of teams, I thought that BSU could go in as well as Utah. But Colorado walked into that conference instead. I think that if BSU had gone in to the Pac12, UW would not have gotten Petersen. Pete would have been in the situation to bring on a champion in the Gem State. He already had ties to Texas for recruiting. And I think California too.

ruffENrowdy

Reaction score
I hope someday their football program will get into one of the major conferences.. But it's wishful thinking. They were going to go to the Big East, which was a stupid move in my opinion. I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure their wrestling program is in the Pac12? It'd sure be nice to be able to move football as well..

Didn't they beat Oregon and Oregon State at some point? :stirthepot:

ruffENrowdy

Reaction score
I think Eastern's field is 10 times worse, but it's just my opinion. I normally only get the Eastern games in standard def, which is even worse haha. I can honestly say I've never been to a BSU game, but the field doesn't bother me too much.

I think TCU will stay in the top four regardless, they seem to be like a complete team in my opinion.. Hasn't Baylor been up and down all season in regards to their wins? I don't follow them very well.

Rat

Reaction score
I don't know if I'd call Baylor's season up-and-down, they've won most of their games convincingly. Texas Tech played them close, but that's no worse than Kansas playing TCU close. Baylor's OOC was a complete joke though.

ruffENrowdy

Reaction score
My bad, I really don't watch any college teams other than the Pac12 or Idaho schools (only one in all honesty). Does anyone know which team BSU will play if they win tonight? Pretty sure they get into a pretty good bowl game.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I hope TCU enjoys Phoenix. All the love here from BSu fans is touching, Imo TCU will be the team you'll be playing.

ruffENrowdy

Reaction score
I'd bet TCU would win in all honesty. Boise isn't the same team it was a couple years ago without Kellen Moore, Martin, etc. That team would have given just about any team a run for their money.

Sorry to Hijack your thread Pmed haha. I really do not post very often, I just couldn't resist.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
ruffENrowdy":zhiq8jex said:
My bad, I really don't watch any college teams other than the Pac12 or Idaho schools (only one in all honesty). Does anyone know which team BSU will play if they win tonight? Pretty sure they get into a pretty good bowl game.
If Boise State wins the Mountain West they will play in the Fiesta Bowl as the highest ranked Group of 5 champion.

cesame

Reaction score
Looks like Oregon vs TCU

No idea why people think TCU will drop. They won't.

sturg78

Reaction score
cesame":2yk0yuy2 said:
Looks like Oregon vs TCU

No idea why people think TCU will drop. They won't.
I think the thought Is if FSU wins against a ranked team they will bounce above TCU, then it's TCU Baylor or Ohio state for number 4.I think beating kstate will even up baylors strength of schedule and the head to head will prevail or that Ohio will jump both beating Wisconsin