Devin Funchess declares for '15 draft

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/542485157446311937[/tweet]

Very intriguing player. Kind of stuck between being a WR and a TE. He's a bit like a poor mans Antonio Gates IMO.. but will definitely need to work on the dropsies.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Definitely too many drops. Looked really good against Ohio State, not so good against Notre Dame. Fantastic size. But apparently he needs to be constantly pushed. There's a lot of potential there but is he ready to make the most of it?

seahawk2k

Reaction score
well built, but kind of a lackadaisical player with mediocre hands.

McGruff

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1edvebsi said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/542485157446311937[/tweet]

Very intriguing player. Kind of stuck between being a WR and a TE. He's a bit like a poor mans Antonio Gates IMO.. but will definitely need to work on the dropsies.

Honestly he reminds me of Kelvin Benjamin. Phenomenal physical gifts, but hasn't grown into it as a football player yet. But look at what Benjamin has done.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3pe05jlm said:
Definitely too many drops. Looked really good against Ohio State, not so good against Notre Dame. Fantastic size. But apparently he needs to be constantly pushed. There's a lot of potential there but is he ready to make the most of it?

That was said about Benjamin last year. Not sure it worries me anymore.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Do. Not. Want.

I watched him play a few times this year and while he's shown flashes of talent and ability, I saw a lot more sloppiness and lack of focus.

McGruff

Reaction score
SeatownJay said:
Do. Not. Want.

I watched him play a few times this year and while he's shown flashes of talent and ability, I saw a lot more sloppiness and lack of focus.[/quote

I guess I'm feeling a littel burned by Benjamin. I wanted to like Kelvin for 3 years, but kept seeing the same sloppiness and lack of focus I see in Funchess. But Benjamin has been a revelation, so its hard for me to dismess Devin.

Grrr . . . I wish the draft were easier.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Benjamin played in a far superior offense but IMO was a much better prospect than Funchess. The only real comparison is they're both big. Benjamin was a beast even with the drops. Funchess plays within himself.