Poll: Marcus Mariota Sweepstakes, who will draft him?

Which of these teams will pull the trigger on Marcus Mariota

• Washington Redskins

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Chicago Bears

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • St. Louis Rams

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • New York Jets

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Tennessee Titans

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters

exhilo

Reaction score
Really interested to see which team will make dramatic moves to get MM. I sure would hate to see him end up with the Jets.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
exhilo":3amom7j3 said:
Really interested to see which team will make dramatic moves to get MM. I sure would hate to see him end up with the Jets.
Jets blew that by winning against Tennessee.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
exhilo":ll3av1kb said:

Ain't no way Mariota makes it past the Bucs, Titans or Skins.......and possibly the Raiders.

Is he a good enough QB for a top 10 team to try and trade into the #1 or #2 spot? I don't think so. As it stands now I think he goes to the Bucs or Titans.

OP
OP
E

exhilo

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":hd9p1tbz said:
exhilo":hd9p1tbz said:

Ain't no way Mariota makes it past the Bucs, Titans or Skins.......and possibly the Raiders.

Is he a good enough QB for a top 10 team to try and trade into the #1 or #2 spot? I don't think so. As it stands now I think he goes to the Bucs or Titans.

I didn't include the Raiders because of Carr, but you never know.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Ultimately, I think he goes #1 overall. Whoever that is should demand at least a RG3 amount of picks to get him or just take him and be happy about the pick.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":3uuqh7pk said:
Ultimately, I think he goes #1 overall. Whoever that is should demand at least a RG3 amount of picks to get him or just take him and be happy about the pick.

I can't imagine anyone making the RG3 mistake again. Even if Mariota ends up being an awesome pro, the risk is just too high and the memory far too recent.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Right now Tampa and Tennessee have the first 2 picks. He'll go one of those 2 places unless they both finish lower in the draft order than that.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Tampa has no choice but to take MM, if they pick first.
Titans have something invested in the other guy they drafted last year. Not sure they will draft another QB.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1ysvvsdk said:
Philly trades up.

This is the scenario i'm hoping for but I think its virtually impossible. We saw how much it took the Redskins to trade from i believe #5 to #2 for RG3. The Eagles would be needing to move from 20ish, likely to #1. I just dont think its possible.

I think it will be Tampa and I think that will be a pretty good spot for him. They have pretty good wr's and rb's. Will need to get him some o'line help.

seatt1eslew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":5bg5ow37 said:
Sarlacc83":5bg5ow37 said:
Philly trades up.

This is the scenario i'm hoping for but I think its virtually impossible. We saw how much it took the Redskins to trade from i believe #5 to #2 for RG3. The Eagles would be needing to move from 20ish, likely to #1. I just dont think its possible....

The Eagles have Nick Foles too. Depending on how the trading partner values Foles, he could be a big piece of compensation. I know I'm no expert, but if I were Chip, I'd offer Foles and two firsts. Probably need more, but I'd be slightly shocked if Philly didn't do everything they could to make it happen. Praying it doesn't.

Rat

Reaction score
Tennessee. Tampa takes Winston #1, Mariotta goes #2.

I know they just used a second round pick on Mettenberger, but I assume Wisenhunt (or whoever makes their picks) is smart enough to not pass on a prospect like Mariota because of Mettenberger.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Rat":2lw80inu said:

I know they just used a second round pick on Mettenberger, but I assume Wisenhunt (or whoever makes their picks) is smart enough to not pass on a prospect like Mariota because of Mettenberger.

I think it'll be the Bucs or Titans. Titans only spent a 6th, not a 2nd, on Mettenberger so aren't giving up on much.

Rat

Reaction score
Hawkspur":r3bhmq6v said:
Rat":r3bhmq6v said:

I think it'll be the Bucs or Titans. Titans only spent a 6th, not a 2nd, on Mettenberger so aren't giving up on much.
I feel stupid now. I'm usually really good at remembering these things. No idea why it was in my head that Mettenberger was a 2nd rounder.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Rat":2i7gk9nh said:

And that is another good question...which team is going to waste a pick on Jameis Winston? With Tampa's history, I could see them doing that. I could also see Dan Snyder doing something stupid and going after Winston.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
JSeahawks":285yrwgx said:
Sarlacc83":285yrwgx said:
Philly trades up.

This is the scenario i'm hoping for but I think its virtually impossible. We saw how much it took the Redskins to trade from i believe #5 to #2 for RG3. The Eagles would be needing to move from 20ish, likely to #1. I just dont think its possible.

I think it will be Tampa and I think that will be a pretty good spot for him. They have pretty good wr's and rb's. Will need to get him some o'line help.

I think you're right, now.

drrew

Reaction score
red grenadine":3joedmim said:
Winston is a local boy for Tampa and will put people in seats

FSU is almost 300 miles from Tampa....Gainesville (U Florida) is less than half that distance and represents much more of a local team for the Tampa area.

We're not talking Tebow who likely would have sold tickets in Tampa or Jacksonville. Winston would only put people in seats if he leads them to wins.

OP
OP
E

exhilo

Reaction score
Now that Chip Kelly has full control of player personnel, I can see him making major moves to get Mariota.