McShay: Gurley to Seahawks in 2015

gulliver

Reaction score
Yes, I know these "6 months out" draft lists are 90% pointless, but it's an interesting possibility.

I'm a Georgia grad and had the pleasure of watching him in person. He's a banger--not as much as Marshawn--but the amazing thing about him is his field vision. It's second to none.

Like Marshawn, he also stays on his feet forever and gasses the defense, although he's more about finding the hole than carrying 6 guys with him. But he's bulldozed more than his share of defenders as he runs really low. Even Marshawn would have to admire his stiff-arm.

He's fast, he's patient, he follows his blocks, and if there's a hole there--any hole at all--he'll find it. He's also a great kick returner.

I don't know if I want an RB in the first round, but if we have to choose one, he'd be a good get. Year 1 he can triage the ACL.

Gurley to Seahawks

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
I'm with McShay on this one. For awhile now I've been hoping that the two skill position players that are available to the Hawks when their first pick comes up are Gurley and/or WR Dorial Green-Beckham.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":3pn1fxjs said:
I'm with McShay on this one. For awhile now I've been hoping that the two skill position players that are available to the Hawks when their first pick comes up are Gurley and/or WR Dorial Green-Beckham.

With our luck...both will be gone by the #32 pick.

OP
OP
gulliver

gulliver

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":yslx4mfz said:
We will need an upgrade for kick returner...perhaps his fellow is multitalented?

[youtube]OjDWRLiP4EY[/youtube]

[youtube]ZhIqUMl7R7I[/youtube]

[youtube]FRWJ4XPhEe4[/youtube]

Chapow

Reaction score
What the?

Seriously?

You guys want to use our first round pick on a RB with a torn ACL?

:pukeface:

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
The guy's an absolute beast.

Even with this injury, there is barely any way he falls to us IMO.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Chapow":36ofu5s5 said:
What the?

Seriously?

ACL injuries aren't what they once were and Gurley is a Top 10 talent.

So hell yes I'd love to use that pick on him. I don't really see him dropping that far though

Chapow

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3qvelweq said:
Chapow":3qvelweq said:
What the?

Seriously?

Gurley is a Top 10 talent.

So was Knowshon Moreno (supposedly), except he didn't have a torn ACL.

How'd that work out?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Knowshon was fun to watch at Georgia but Gurley is in a different league of excitement.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Chapow":bb5g518q said:
What the?

Seriously?

Didn't Adrian Peterson come back just fine from a torn ACL? ACL injuries aren't that bad anymore, most guys come back just fine

CANHawk

Reaction score
On the topic of ACL's.....

Severed ACL = BAD, do not touch with 10' pole

Torn ACL... it depends on severity. as long as the ligament is still somewhat intact; it will regenerate.

I Severed my ACL 15 years ago. That knee is still shite.

pehawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":3n12ray8 said:
On the topic of ACL's.....

Severed ACL = BAD, do not touch with 10' pole

Torn ACL... it depends on severity. as long as the ligament is still somewhat intact; it will regenerate.

I Severed my ACL 15 years ago. That knee is still shite.

But you've never been the same though. Pre ACL-tear CAN was the best.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I was just thinking of a *hardly likely* but maybe possible scenario where the draft dropped RB-Todd Gurley to the end of the first round. Some teams needing RB may well be scared of by his injury status & have other pressing needs to address in the first round.
......-and-........
also dropped WR-Dorial Green-Beckham to the end of the second round. He's probably off some boards already due to character concerns and may be available later than many think. Off field concerns can maybe be mitigated?

This is probably not going to happen, but the Hawks maybe can see the risk reward factor involved. This would include, of course, a medical okay for Gurley -and- a FO approval of Green-Beckham (even to the extent of drug testing, contract provisions for screwing up & maybe even hiring a full time baby sitter for him). If the draft fell #32-Gurley, #64-Green-Beckham I would be surprised but I would sure hope the Seahawks jumped on both. Even if a 50/50 keeper situation (one works out, the other doesn't), either could be great and both would be a really rewarding Bonanza.