Big TE

jake206

Reaction score
After watching Luke Willson in this offense, I'm convinced RW needs more big targets for him to be successful.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
If you're looking at TE, then you are looking at the UFA route. I don't see even one quality day 1 starter in this year's class.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
There seem to be a lot of Luke Willson types in this draft. I think we need more of a Zach Miller type to develop.

Clive Walford is a Seahawk-y player. I also like Randall Telfer. Big, strong TE with very good athleticism who can block and catch with reliability. Pete and his son recruited him to SC. He's struggled with injuries, which will drop him to around the 5th Round I would guess.

sc85sis

Reaction score
If Randall can get and stay healthy he's got good potential. I agree he will drop in the draft due to injury concerns and the lack of production that his injuries have caused.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Minnesota Redshirt Freshman Maxx Williams is set to declare. He should be the first TE off the board, a lot to like about him. The rest of the class, not so much.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1nv2f5bt said:
Minnesota Redshirt Freshman Maxx Williams is set to declare. He should be the first TE off the board, a lot to like about him. The rest of the class, not so much.

Williams is a RS Soph. Freshman aren't elgible.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Maxx's films remind me very much of George Bryan who was Russell Wilson's TE at NC State.

CPHawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":bwsn99yu said:
Maxx's films remind me very much of George Bryan who was Russell Wilson's TE at NC State.

And he's not playing in the NFL right now? Pass. What's happened to TE lately, for a while it seemed they where everywhere, now it's really down.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":bz40xfpw said:
SomersetHawk":bz40xfpw said:

Williams is a RS Soph. Freshman aren't elgible.

Oooops. Don't know why I wrote freshman, I'd written about him as a redshirt sophomore long before this post. Crapping all over this forum with mistakes of late.

cover-2

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2rzvcwik said:
Jesse James from Penn St. Rumor has it that he might declare.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/i ... sh-ability

At 6-7 260 lbs James has the size/length that would be a nice addition to bring to our offense. I've watched a few of his games and he is used a lot as an H-back, he is kept in to block quite a bit. He is a good effective blocker although not as dominate as you would want him to be considering his size and strength.

[youtube]YYEYkUxAAos[/youtube]

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
cover-2":1kzvg4mj said:
WmHBonney":1kzvg4mj said:
Jesse James from Penn St. Rumor has it that he might declare.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/i ... sh-ability

At 6-7 260 lbs James has the size/length that would be a nice addition to bring to our offense. I've watched a few of his games and he is used a lot as an H-back, he is kept in to block quite a bit. He is a good effective blocker although not as dominate as you would want him to be considering his size and strength.

[youtube]YYEYkUxAAos[/youtube]

Trust WmHBonney to plug the guy named Jesse James eh?

Intriguing prospect, and a huge target. Here's a little more tape. Hard to pick him out in blocking plays but there's a few catches...

[youtube]66TvH_cE_bQ[/youtube]

Seanhawk

Reaction score
CPHawk":8w6m261p said:
brimsalabim":8w6m261p said:

And he's not playing in the NFL right now? Pass. What's happened to TE lately, for a while it seemed they where everywhere, now it's really down.

So you're writing off a guy because he reminds one person of a TE who's not in the league? Seems logical.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Heck I meant it as a positive. I think this guy would be a great fit for us and I was comparing his game to a guy that Russell really worked well with in the past.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1c7ff80n said:
CPHawk":1c7ff80n said:
brimsalabim":1c7ff80n said:

So you're writing off a guy because he reminds one person of a TE who's not in the league? Seems logical.

We've got a team full of avg TE, that's why I pass. Russ needs a stud, and I don't see that this year. Nick O'Leary is the top TE supposedly, and he's not that impressive.