Qb Troy Williams leaving uw, Shaq to nfl

CPHawk

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":1avoecez said:
JSeahawks":1avoecez said:
I thought he was going to be a good one andwanted him to choose the ducks , but couldn't beat out miles, so who knows.

http://www.gohuskies.com/ViewArticle.db ... =209835112

Shaq also made it official that he's going to the nfl, no surprise.

UW is very realistically looking at a 4-8 season next year.

4-8? I don't know what UW Schedule looks like next year, but I'd bet they can beat OS, WSU, Cal and CU. So 6-6 is probably more realistic, if they are starting a true FR Qb.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
CPHawk":rsn9fx4t said:
Seahawks1983":rsn9fx4t said:
JSeahawks":rsn9fx4t said:
I thought he was going to be a good one andwanted him to choose the ducks , but couldn't beat out miles, so who knows.

4-8? I don't know what UW Schedule looks like next year, but I'd bet they can beat OS, WSU, Cal and CU. So 6-6 is probably more realistic, if they are starting a true FR Qb.

They had 3 all americans on defense this year and only won 7 games against FBS competition. They are going to be replace what, 7 start defensive starters next year?

And they still have no quarterback. A huge step back is in store for them.

drrew

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":12ee3dfo said:
CPHawk":12ee3dfo said:

They had 3 all americans on defense this year and only won 7 games against FBS competition. They are going to be replace what, 7 start defensive starters next year?

Individually I really like Shelton, Shaq, and Kikaha, but they led them to the 97th ranked defense (124th vs the pass) the country so lets not pretend that those three individually led the team to anything. You may not see the crazy individual numbers that each of them put up, but the defense will be better.

As far as QB, KJ Carta Samuels and Jake Browning are both strong threats to be starting week one against Boise State next season. There should be no assumptions made about Miles remaining the starting QB.

The Pac 12 north is going to be weak again next season and anything between 6 and 10 wins would be perfectly reasonable for the UW talent level.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I wouldn't say the PAC 12 N was weak this year. UO, Stanford and UW had their fair share of wins vs the South teams. But next year, outside of UO and Stanford, it looks like rebuilding years.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
drrew":31zpr72n said:
Seahawks1983":31zpr72n said:
CPHawk":31zpr72n said:

Individually I really like Shelton, Shaq, and Kikaha, but they led them to the 97th ranked defense (124th vs the pass) the country so lets not pretend that those three individually led the team to anything. You may not see the crazy individual numbers that each of them put up, but the defense will be better.

As far as QB, KJ Carta Samuels and Jake Browning are both strong threats to be starting week one against Boise State next season. There should be no assumptions made about Miles remaining the starting QB.

The Pac 12 north is going to be weak again next season and anything between 6 and 10 wins would be perfectly reasonable for the UW talent level.

10 wins?!

Good god man.....lay off the Kool Aid

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":2y8igvhk said:
JSeahawks":2y8igvhk said:

No they aren't.

Now back to the topic. I am a big Troy Williams fan but he was never going to play in Chris Petersen's offense. If Sark were still at UW, I'm thinking Williams might have been our starter at some point, but in CP's offense, not going to happen. I wish Williams luck and think he will do well if he goes to a god fit, he's got huge potential.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":8qqhr2je said:
CPHawk":8qqhr2je said:
Seahawks1983":8qqhr2je said:
JSeahawks":8qqhr2je said:

And they won 9 games the year before with no All-Americans...whats your point?

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Here is Washington's complete 2015 schedule:

Sept. 3 or 4 – at Boise State (Thu. or Fri.)
Sept. 12 – Sacramento State
Sept. 19 – Utah State
Sept. 26 – California
Oct. 8 – at USC (Thu.)
Oct. 17 – Oregon
Oct. 24 – at Stanford
Oct. 31 – Arizona
Nov. 7 – Utah
Nov. 14 – at Arizona State
Nov. 21 – at Oregon State
Nov. 27 – Washington State (Fri.)
Dec. 4 – Pac-12 Championship Game

http://www.gohuskies.com/ViewArticle.db ... =209656849

drrew

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":15xaghyf said:
drrew":15xaghyf said:

10 wins?!

A few non elite teams win 10 games every season, look at 2014 Arizona. Also, I mentioned a range of 6 to 10 wins being representative of their talent level...but that didn't suit your hater narrative.

Chapow

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":2jmbrahv said:

So you're saying you think UW is going to finish ahead of WSU again?

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
drrew":2tmaho3t said:
Seahawks1983":2tmaho3t said:
drrew":2tmaho3t said:

10 wins?!

A few non elite teams win 10 games every season, look at 2014 Arizona. Also, I mentioned a range of 6 to 10 wins being representative of their talent level...but that didn't suit your hater narrative.

No, it doesn't suit your complete homer narrative. UW hasn't won 10 games since....2001?

Average teams don't replace 7 starters on defense and get better. Sorry.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Chapow":accm9b0q said:
Seahawks1983":accm9b0q said:

Since when does UW measure football success against WSU?

drrew

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":1r9c0ya4 said:
No, it doesn't suit your complete homer narrative. UW hasn't won 10 games since....2001?

Arizona, which was not a great team, won 10 games this season. Arizona won 8 games in 2013. One of those 8 wins was against non FBS school Northern Arizona. Arizona had a losing conference record. Arizona had not won 10 games since 1993. Arizona replaced 6 starters on defense for 2014.

Keep digging that hole.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
drrew":2j7v3b78 said:
Seahawks1983":2j7v3b78 said:

Arizona, which was not a great team, won 10 games this season. Arizona won 8 games in 2013. One of those 8 wins was against non FBS school Northern Arizona. Arizona had a losing conference record. Arizona had not won 10 games since 1993. Arizona replaced 6 starters on defense for 2014.

Keep digging that hole.

Well, I guess that settles it.

Bookmark this page, and if I am wrong, I'll happily eat the crow.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":2y3quvxw said:
Chapow":2y3quvxw said:
Seahawks1983":2y3quvxw said:

You know in the last 20 years, UW has less wins than Oregon State.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
CPHawk":h39zw0n1 said:
Seahawks1983":h39zw0n1 said:
Chapow":h39zw0n1 said:
Seahawks1983":h39zw0n1 said:

You know in the last 20 years, UW has less wins than Oregon State.

That's going to leave a mark.