Jake Fisher Oregon OT

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Jake Fisher has the initial size(6'6) SeaHawks look for in OT's but Fisher needs to add more strength n about 30 lbs to really be affective at the LOS in the NFL. Fisher can run n pass block for unorthodox QB's playing in Oregon's offense. Fisher can be a true swing tackle for the Hawks n possibly push Britt for the RT spot in the future. Fisher is better in space than Britt but Britt is a mauler who IMO is better suited for the inside. If Fisher could beat out Britt n push him to LG SeaHawks would have a young big athletic offensive line built to wear Defenses out.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm not an expert at evaluating o'linemen but I know the whole offense was signifigantly better with him then without him this season when he was hurt. His injury effected the team far more then any other injury the Ducks had this season. My favorite thing about him is that he plays like an asshole on the field. I think its important to have a few o'linemen with that demeanor.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
is he from Ohio? because thats really important

(kidding)

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I would think that Seattle will likely take him if he's available in the 2nd round. And could well be in that handful of prospects that we'd be comfortable with taking in the low 40s to 50 range when looking to trade back. Seattle is notorious for that, and it doesn't appear there will be much likelihood of a really good talent slipping to 32. The draft kind of looks like it hits the first real drop off at around pick 20. Maybe even sooner. So I would think the team would be inclined to trade back as they so typically do.

If I'm looking at traits that Seattle has seemed to covet, then Jake Fisher is going to fill a lot of check boxes. The fact that he's being downgraded/doubted and plays in an unorthodox system is probably more of a plus in Seattle estimation than it is a negative in the groupthink NFL draftnik circles.

Athletic, long, nasty, criticized, yet very quietly, anonymously and significantly valuable to his teams' success. A guy who is going to be passed over repeatedly on draft day. Sounds exactly like the kind of prospect at any position that Seattle falls in love with.

When I look at the typical top 10/15 offensive tackles on these lists, I don't see any one player in that group that ticks the Seahawk's kind of guy checklist as much as Fisher.

xgeoff

Reaction score
After watching the National Championship game, I would try to grab someone off that Ohio St Offensive Line. Looks like Darryl Baldwin is the only senior. I don't think I've ever seen a DL get it's butt kicked like the Ducks did in that game. And the guards are a Freshman and Sophomore!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I liked what I saw from Fisher in the Championship game. I particularly liked his unwillingness to to be pushed around or to let Mariota be pushed around w/o response, a trait that Coach cable would find attractive. That said, he's still raw and will need coaching to be a quality starting OT in the NFL but he's got the mindset and the arm length to do just that. He might be worth a late 1st or able to be picked up in the early 2nd if Seattle was to trade back in the draft.