Cardale Jones is a fool...

xgeoff

Reaction score
if he doesn't enter the draft. Reason I say this is that he was ranked 3rd on that team, and both QB's ahead of him are coming back. He's being called a special talent and has skills that would 'make NFL Scouts drool'.

So he should take advantage of that now. You never know what can happen if he stays at Ohio St. He may never start another game there. You can ALWAYS go back to school and finish up, especially when you have half the year off and a big contract. His draft stock may never be this high again.

Who is advising this kid?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
If he doesn't start next year, then absolutely. On the other hand, 3 games, however important, is probably not enough experience to successfully make the jump.

OP
OP
xgeoff

xgeoff

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3idjs2zt said:
If he doesn't start next year, then absolutely. On the other hand, 3 games, however important, is probably not enough experience to successfully make the jump.

I think it all depends on where NFL GM's will draft him. Sometimes the NFL will fall in love with physical abilities (Jamarcus Russell anyone).

I would just say that IF he is projected as a first round pick by the pundits, he should go. His stock is unlikely to rise, and will very likely fall.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
xgeoff":snke0q1n said:
Sarlacc83":snke0q1n said:

I think it all depends on where NFL GM's will draft him. Sometimes the NFL will fall in love with physical abilities (Jamarcus Russell anyone).

I would just say that IF he is projected as a first round pick by the pundits, he should go. His stock is unlikely to rise, and will very likely fall.
Nobody is going to project him as a first rounder with just 3 games played.

CPHawk

Reaction score
xgeoff":2bxdp2xl said:
if he doesn't enter the draft. Reason I say this is that he was ranked 3rd on that team, and both QB's ahead of him are coming back. He's being called a special talent and has skills that would 'make NFL Scouts drool'.

So he should take advantage of that now. You never know what can happen if he stays at Ohio St. He may never start another game there. You can ALWAYS go back to school and finish up, especially when you have half the year off and a big contract. His draft stock may never be this high again.

Or he knows something you don't know.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Has he officially stated he is not entering?
He is 22 years old, he has a kid to care for. He comes from very tough upbringing ... etc.
Some people told him, if he comes back, he might be a first rounder in a couple of years... That's fool's gold.
He needs to go, take the money and learn on the job, like everyone else does. College athletics is a myth ...
Teams like Arizona, St Louis would LOVE to have a guy like that they could groom.

kearly

Reaction score
I think he'd go 3rd round if he went this year. A lot of teams look at their 3rd round pick the way Seattle looks at their 7th round pick.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
xgeoff":q33pc3fb said:

how high do you think his draft stock is after 3 games?

GCrow

Reaction score
I agree. I bet he'd go 3rd/4th at worst. In Arizona with Bruce Arians would be a great situation for him, IMO.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
GCrow":3vcne9c6 said:
I agree. I bet he'd go 3rd/4th at worst. In Arizona with Bruce Arians would be a great situation for him, IMO.

if he stays a year, starts, plays well, then where does he go?

i guess alot doesnt matter now with the rookie pay scale, but i imagine he's given the whole thing some thought

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Intriguing prospect, he can be Arians pet for a year or two. I bet once the hype dies, he goes 5th or 6th round.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Scottemojo":36t3bxui said:
Intriguing prospect, he can be Arians pet for a year or two. I bet once the hype dies, he goes 5th or 6th round.
I'd love the Hawks to take him in the 6th

GCrow

Reaction score
Uncle Si":15q1qhp3 said:
GCrow":15q1qhp3 said:

if he stays a year, starts, plays well, then where does he go?

i guess alot doesnt matter now with the rookie pay scale, but i imagine he's given the whole thing some thought

Definetly has a chance to go higher. But, those are all big if's.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I just listened to the press conference.
I am 100% impressed with the kid.
I think he truly made the best decision for him and his family.
Did not expect it at all but I'm impressed.