Potential undrafted free agent WR

hawknation2015

Reaction score
USC's George Farmer has decided to leave early for the NFL. Farmer played on the same HS team as Paul Richardson, Robert Woods, and Marqise Lee. Farmer was considered the best athlete and most pro ready of the bunch.

At 6'2, 220, he has the build of an NFL receiver. He was also a track champion in high school in the 100 (10.40) and 200 (21.22) meters. But he never did contribute much at SC, so it's surprising to hear that he has decided to declare as a junior.

He reportedly runs a 4.3 40. He's big and fast, but I don't see him being drafted with his lack of tape and stiff hips. Carroll was the one to offer Farmer a scholarship when he was just a rising sophomore in HS, so it's possible they could take a flyer on him during the rookie camp.

[youtube]onxZMWa9zPQ[/youtube]
[youtube]E0WOevikRDo[/youtube]

sc85sis

Reaction score
Many are shocked he is leaving because he has virtually no stats. He's got crazy potential, but he had injury issues and then got stuck behind Robert, Marqise and Nelson. Due to lack of production, I'll be shocked if he gets a Combine invite, so he's going to have to nail his pro day and maybe go to a regional combine. Even then there's no guarantee he gets drafted.

I'd love to have the Hawks pick him up late or as an UDFA. He does have the recruiting relationship with Pete, so it's possible if no one else grabs him.