Justin Britt on PFF's All-Rookie Team

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Tackles: Taylor Lewan (TEN) and Justin Britt (SEA)

Is it getting harder for tackles to adjust to the NFL? Outside of Lewan none covered themselves in glory. The selection of Britt was a case of him being the least bad right tackle as opposed to being the best. Pass protection in the NFL is tough.

Guards: Joel Bitonio (CLE) and Zack Martin (DAL)

As much as the tackles struggled, though, the guards had themselves a fine year. Brandon Linder was on the outside looking in but had himself a fine debut season, but Bitonio (first team PFF All-Pro) and Martin (second team) were that little bit better with their work in the run game.

Center: Corey Linsley (GB)

He may not have walked into training camp expecting to start but he’ll walk out of this season as not only the teams starting center for the future, but one of the better young linemen in the league.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... okie-team/

Not mentioning Britt's run blocking is an omission. He was the best run blocking rookie OT this season.

kearly

Reaction score
Interesting, thanks for sharing.

I always take PFF's OL grades with a grain of salt. That said, Lewan was a STUD at Michigan so it's easy to believe his placement on this list. I know Britt gets beat up a lot around here, but he's played much better than I expected him to as a rookie. He's struggled in pass pro, but looked infinitely better as a rookie than James Carpenter did. As a run blocker he is already a beast. Him and Sweezy have keyed so many of Lynch's TD runs this season in the red zone, including pretty much every crucial, high leverage one.

Okung is the only OL I can remember in the last decade who looked good as a rookie OL here. Even Walt and Hutch needed a couple years to hit their full stride.