If Marshawn retires, I want..

jake206

Reaction score
Todd Gurley or Melvin Gordon with the 1st pick. Not even a question.

McGruff

Reaction score
With or without the injury to Gurley and with or without Beast retiring, I want Gordon bad.

Chawks1

Reaction score
jake206":famptnac said:

Gurley all day long. His knick name is "The Beast". Perfect replacement.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
McGruff":3bblzv9l said:
With or without the injury to Gurley and with or without Beast retiring, I want Gordon bad.

Somehow I think JS wants Gordon as well, he's reportedly visited that team twice.

randomation

Reaction score
jammerhawk":36151epx said:
McGruff":36151epx said:

Somehow I think JS wants Gordon as well, he's reportedly visited that team twice.

That would be a fair assumption since we have literally nobody else worth looking at who will be in the draft this year. I wish I was exaggerating sigh.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
randomation":1r07jmxk said:
jammerhawk":1r07jmxk said:
McGruff":1r07jmxk said:

That would be a fair assumption since we have literally nobody else worth looking at who will be in the draft this year. I wish I was exaggerating sigh.

Why do you think so? I haven't evaluated the prospects like I have in the past but I keep up with the draft talk. The word is this is suppose to be a deep talented draft for running backs.

Personally I think Pete and John would roll with Turbin and Cmike as their top two RBs if we play without Lynch next year.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Regardless of whether Marshawn retires, and I don't think he will, they should draft Gurley if available, and he probably won't be.

Gurley appears to be the closest thing to Marshawn in this draft, and we can afford to "redshirt" him if Marshawn returns as expected.

Gordon is very impressive. He has incredible vision, runs high and has a slashing running style in the same vein as Adrian Petersen . . . not quite as physically developed as Petersen and goes down a little too easily at times.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
So, you guys keep up with Seattle a little bit more than I do. What's your feeling, if I may ask, on whether or not Lynch will be back?

Hawkspur

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":74jyb8y2 said:
So, you guys keep up with Seattle a little bit more than I do. What's your feeling, if I may ask, on whether or not Lynch will be back?

I hope he doesn't, but my suspicion is that he'll retire after the season. Especially when he gets grilled by the media and subsequently the NFL next week.

I don't think the Seahawks would choose to release him at this stage. I'd hope not, anyway.

If we have a shot at Gurley, especially, or Gordon in the draft I hope Schneider drafts him. Whatever happens next season, Lynch won't be here much longer.

SackofSamuel

Reaction score
Chawks1":37vtz8uu said:
jake206":37vtz8uu said:

Perfect replacement with an ACL injury... how well did that work with Paul Richardson?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":37z4qqje said:
randomation":37z4qqje said:
jammerhawk":37z4qqje said:
McGruff":37z4qqje said:

Why do you think so? I haven't evaluated the prospects like I have in the past but I keep up with the draft talk. The word is this is suppose to be a deep talented draft for running backs.

Personally I think Pete and John would roll with Turbin and Cmike as their top two RBs if we play without Lynch next year.

after rereading this I see I misunderstood you. You're a Wisconsin fan. I get what you're saying now.

kearly

Reaction score
Gordon would be incredibly fun to get, but I'm not really sure he could fill Lynch's role. Gurley probably could.

Maybe I am nuts, but I would be okay with Seattle making a Terrell Pryor type trade for Trent Richardson. Pay a 7th rounder and give him a one month audition next August. He absolutely has the physical talent, but needs coaching up badly.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
kearly":2d16az2q said:
Gordon would be incredibly fun to get, but I'm not really sure he could fill Lynch's role. Gurley probably could.

Maybe I am nuts, but I would be okay with Seattle making a Terrell Pryor type trade for Trent Richardson. Pay a 7th rounder and give him a one month audition next August. He absolutely has the physical talent, but needs coaching up badly.

Was thinking the exact same thing. Although their styles are very different. But Lynch was a similarly disavowed talent for Buffalo when we got him. It was commonly considered a good trade from the Buffalo perspective.

garrylt4

Reaction score
What's wrong with CMike? I think wr is a way more pressing need even if ML retires. I don't think he will and I would love to see WVU Wr Kevin White in a Seahawks uniform.

Chawks1

Reaction score
SackofSamuel":26cknbci said:
Chawks1":26cknbci said:
jake206":26cknbci said:

Perfect replacement with an ACL injury... how well did that work with Paul Richardson?

I don't know yet but let me ask Adrian Peterson.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kearly":1hnardjk said:

Yeah, I don't like this idea at all. Trent Richardson goes down way too easily on contact. That's not an instinct that can necessarily be taught. He's what Turbin would be if you gave Turbin 15 carries a game.

And unlike Turbin, he is not an asset in the locker room . . . or as a blocker.

randomation

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":209ysyoe said:
after rereading this I see I misunderstood you. You're a Wisconsin fan. I get what you're saying now.

Indeed sorry if that wasn't clear would be awesome to see MG3 and Russ together, but yeah can't think of another Wisconsin player who will be in the draft this year the hawks would have actual interest in.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1ycviwba said:
kearly":1ycviwba said:

Yeah, I don't like this idea at all. Trent Richardson goes down way too easily on contact. That's not an instinct that can necessarily be taught. He's what Turbin would be if you gave Turbin 15 carries a game.

And unlike Turbin, he is not an asset in the locker room . . . or as a blocker.

Id rather roll with Turbin than Richardson. Turbin has burst and speed to his game that Trent doesn't have. More decisive as well.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Melvin Gordon is something of my draft crush this year, but he has no functional power. What Lynch brings is that wear down factor and Gordon does not even come close to that. He'll have big plays but you won't ever see him bring the intensity we're used to seeing. In my opinion, Seattle will change into a more finesse offense if we get Gordon.

Playmaker21

Reaction score
To keep a strength "a strength" you have to constantly keep draft at those positions. If Maxwell leaves after this year, that will mark three of their top four CB's gone over the past two seasons (Browner, Thurmond, Maxwell). To keep the strength a strength, they need to keep drafting well at CB. That's why I like CB Jalen Collins from LSU. Good size at 6'2 195 lbs. I also like Florida State CB P.J. Williams (6'0 196 lbs) As cliche' as it sounds, I think the RB position is almost obsolete in the NFL. I think I can get the RB out of Indiana, the one out of Boise State, or Mike Davis out of South Carolina in the 2nd round.