Hypothetical Question: What is Lynch's trade value? (Poll)

What is Lynch's trade value?

• First round pick or more: It will take a big offer to let Lynch leave

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Two high picks: In the range of two 2nds or two 3rds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2nd rd or 3rd rd: He's elite, but there's the age and new contract

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Mid or late rd picks: A weak market or the extension and age of Lynch is to much a factor to risk a

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No way we trade Lynch

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
So, again this is purely a hypothetical question. I'm not suggesting at all that the Seahawks should trade Lynch. In fact, I would love to see Lynch return for his final year and/or sign an extension, but lets say Pete and John want to test the waters and see what the going market is for Marshawn, what would be the value of picks offered?

Let's assume it's a trade and extend deal for the other team that Lynch approves.

Possible trade partners:

Jacksonville Jaguars: The Jags need identity on offense and a running game to take the pressure off 2nd year QB Blake Bortles. Would be a great compliment to Denard Robinson.

Indianpolis Colts: Could this franchise risk another trade for a physical RB to compliment Luck and the passing game? Colts would be preseason AFC champ favorites if this was to happen.

Buffalo Bills: Rex Ryan has a defense and elite young receiver to work with, but is missing the running game that helped him go to two consecutive AFCCG with a young QB. Is Lynch willing to return to Buffalo? Behind the free agent, CJ Spiller, Bills do have some young talent, though.

Tennessee Titans: The running game hasn't looked good despite multiple picks into its offensive line. If the Titans are looking for a QB with its #2 pick, a veteran RB would help with a rookies progress.

Oakland Raiders: Lynch in black and silver? It seems almost a perfect fit outside of Seattle.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I believe his value to the Seahawks outweighs any trade value he has, therefore he's untradeable. He's too important to the Seahawk offense.

OP
OP
Recon_Hawk

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3aies8d6 said:
I believe his value to the Seahawks outweighs any trade value he has, therefore he's untradeable. He's too important to the Seahawk offense.

I agree. I hope he wants to come back for at least the last year of his contract, but if he demands an extension or else he threatens to retire, what's he worth if Seattle chooses not to re-sign him but is willing to move on.