How the Seahawks could target Melvin Gordon

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
LINK: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/will-the-s ... y-land-him

If you’re struggling to imagine life without Marshawn Lynch, or consider a mutual parting of ways this off-season to be a dumb mistake, remember this — the Lynch era in Seattle is almost certainly done in 2016 anyway. He’ll be out of contract barring an extension. He’ll be into his 30’s. He’s already being rested to start games. What some might consider to be a preposterous move might actually just be sound judgement — accepting the situation for what it is and making a difficult decision one year earlier than you might prefer.

kearly

Reaction score
Health is one thing, but if Marshawn stays healthy I think he has the pure athleticism to remain elite for years to come.

Maybe the FO knows stuff we don't and balks at extending Marshawn, but right now he might be the best player in the history of the team. And he just gets better and better to the eyeball test every single year.

I think when you have a player like that, it's better to hold on a year too long than to bail early. I did not feel this way about Shaun Alexander, who struck me as an extremely prolific product of the system. Lynch puts the team on his back, even the defense feeds off of him. What if Lynch still has 3-4 top end years left? I don't want to risk missing out on those years, especially with our RB depth looking pretty good.

Gordon would be awesome, but I would rather see a Lynch extension, personally.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Totally agree Kip.

Thing is, I like the fact that they're resting Lynch. I think the coaching staff is just getting smarter about it.

Two years ago, Lynch looked like he was starting to wear down in the playoffs. This year, he looked stronger and fresher than ever, while literally carrying the team on his back.

He's worth the money, and with Turbin and Michael on the roster, we can afford to give him fewer reps.

Plus, if we can't get better at WR (our last two rookies added little impact...Richardson was good but got hurt), then we're going to need to brutally run the ball. I think even more than this last year. Pounding Turbin and Lynch would be lethal. And I like the change of pace Turbin gives us.