Any thoughts on Hau’oli Kikaha?

EMTHawkfan

Reaction score
I must admit I don't know much about him so I'll defer to those in the region...production is there, seems to play with good intensity...any insight from fans in the NW?

McGruff

Reaction score
I see Michael Sam and Darryl Tapp. highly productive college players who get by on grit and effort but don't have the athletic ability to excel in the NFL.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
McGruff":nmh7dxt0 said:
I see Michael Sam and Darryl Tapp. highly productive college players who get by on grit and effort but don't have the athletic ability to excel in the NFL.

Darryl Tapp is a fair comparison. But Michael Sam? That's setting the bar awfully low for a player as solid as Kikaha. Most have him pegged for the 3rd round.

In terms of how he would fit in for us, he would probably compete at the LEO spot. But you're right that his limited athleticism probably means he will not be a high priority for us.

[youtube]FFYU0kfguBU[/youtube]

SeatownJay

Reaction score
He showed well at the Senior Bowl, both against the run and pass. I'd expect him to be a rotational DE in the NFL.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'm curious, does anyone think he is capable of playing the SAM/LEO role that Irvin is playing? Is he to slow? I haven't watched much of him to form an opinion.

Bruce is in year 4 of his contract. A pass rusher like Kikaha who could develop his linebacker skills and replace Irvin year 2 might be of more value to Seattle.