Looking ahead to the draft.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I'm still a little upset, but I just can't waste any negative energy. I'm already super pumped about our loaded draft and next years team. With that said, does anyone know what rounds we have picks in? I've looked on Google, but haven't found what I'm looking for. I know we have eight official picks, but we'll end up with two or three additional comp picks. For some reason I want to say we have two second rounders? But I could be wrong. Man, I just feel like with all the ammo we have in picks, we'll find the depth we sorely missed from last years team. I honestly can not wait for this years draft!

hawknation2015

Reaction score
It's TBD. We're picking 31st in each round, obviously, except for the 6th rounder we traded for Burley. The Harvin pick is either a 4th rounder (if he remains with the Jets, which seems increasingly unlikely) or their 6th rounder.

Then we have several compensatory picks coming our way, which are also TBD.

original poster

Reaction score
I'm also very excited about this draft, I love what we can do with high round pics.

Hyak

Reaction score
The projection I saw also had us getting 4 comp picks - a 4th for Tate, 2 5ths for Browner and Giacomini, and a 6th for McDonald.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
vonstout":2vlxoqbu said:
Here is a good article projecting our comp picks:

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2014/3/27/555 ... pd-in-2015

He has us getting two 4th rounders, a fifth, and a sixth for Tate, Browner, Breno, and Thurmond. Based on Chris Clemons and Red Bryant's contracts, I think it might be even better than that.

We won't get anything for those guys because we cut them. They didn't leave in FA.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
vonstout":2wt4io5f said:
Here is a good article projecting our comp picks:

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2014/3/27/555 ... pd-in-2015

He has us getting two 4th rounders, a fifth, and a sixth for Tate, Browner, Breno, and Thurmond. Based on Chris Clemons and Red Bryant's contracts, I think it might be even better than that.

Won't get anything for them I'm afraid.

Holding out hope of a third for Tate but in likelihood I'd think it was a fourth. Thought Browner would be a fifth but a Super Bowl winning start might elavate it.

Hyak

Reaction score
I don't think Thurmond played enough to meet the compensatory requirement so that may cost them some.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
JTB":3tkw6g88 said:
I don't think Thurmond played enough to meet the compensatory requirement so that may cost them some.

Even if that's the case I thought Clinton MacDonald qualified? Failing that Maragos might net a 6th/7th.

Hyak

Reaction score
What I think it may cost them is being able to get a 3rd in lieu of a 4th. There's a formula out there that usually is pretty accurate.

Like I said, the one I saw had us getting 1 4th, 2 5th's, and a 6.

I can live with that.

Latest posts