Post-Super Bowl mock draft

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Might take your mind off the game.

LINK: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/post-super ... h-february

I think putting him in a situation where he almost has to work for the LOB would be a good thing for Marcus Peters. He wouldn’t be able to pull any crap around Kam Chancellor, Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman. I don’t think they’d be scared off by his connection to Marshawn Lynch (a close family friend). In fact it might just help keep him in line (a bit like Tyrann Mathieu and Patrick Peterson). Maybe it would be a problem? We have no way of knowing. But while a lot of teams might be scared off by the risk-factor with Peters (and that’s why he’d even be available at #31) the Seahawks might feel they have the setup to deal with a player like this. Carroll knows he’ll get a fair and honest assessment of his character from Steve Sarkisian.

pehawk

Reaction score
Love it...didn't flirt with returns as well?

I don't see TB not taking Winston. Puts butts in the seats.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Peters is definitely talented enough to warrant 1st round consideration. CB has been an underrated need for Seattle going into next season, but I think the whole world recognizes it now. They have a surplus of picks -- I think they need a high-round prospect (who can start day-one) and another developmental prospect that they can take much later.

I wouldn't be disappointed with this pick for Seattle. And I agree that there are options for big WR/receiving TE that don't necessitate a 1st round pick. Not sure that is true of a Day-one starting CB, which Seattle will desperately need.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Gotta say, I can't disagree at all.

Maxwell is gone, we won't be able to afford him. Simon hasn't been able to prove he can even stay on the field, and he looks terribly unprepared mentally when he does get out there.

Thinking about having to rely on Simon to start on that side scares the crap out of me.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I think they'll add a low cost FA prior to the draft, remember they had Blackmon here before Thurmond stepped up and took over with Maxwell waiting in the wings. I can see a similar move here. Although, I wouldn't mind a CB in the first it just seems like an unlikely pick for them. WR or CB just doesn't feel like a pick this front office would make although they loved Benjamin last year.

I think we are looking at a move TE, DT/DE, or Oline-man(worst case scenario if no trade down and other prospects are gone) with that first pick just cause those are so hard to get in FA. My money is on move TE above all others though, we were seriously lacking a Quality reliable TE all season and managed to get decent production out of the other areas.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
This seems like the exact type of move this FO would make. I love the idea of drafting a CB early because I see what they've done with the position.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":feywqh0f said:
This seems like the exact type of move this FO would make. I love the idea of drafting a CB early because I see what they've done with the position.

but how? The highest ever drafted DB was Thomas, CB have all been late rounders aside from a 4th on a few(Thurmond/Simon). I mean, I wouldn't hate any pick they made since the front office has proven themselves many times over but it's not exactly a move they've made in the past.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
He looked like a future 1st round pick in his first year. Definitely has the kind of swagger and desire to get physical that is unique at that position. His ball skills are pretty excellent. There are a lot of intangible tools that he possesses that would make him a very good fit for Seattle.

The head issues just seems like it could be a major turn off. Seattle's secondary is smart first and foremost. In this regard, he doesn't measure up to what we roll out there on the field.