Huskies Recruiting Class

pehawk

Reaction score
Any of you perverts whom follow such things care to enlighten this lady about their 2015 class? I read somewhere it was ranked 21st in the country.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I'm pumped about this class. I think it's hugely underrated and the kind of class Petersen can build a base around for the future.

Jack Browning is already on campus . . . he's a gamer who throws a very catchable ball. He has already enrolled and will be ready to compete during spring practices. He is the future and may be the present.

They have two bookend tackles in Trey Adams and Henry Roberts. These are two long athletes who play with some nasty. I love the fact that they turned down offers from places like USC, Oregon, and Stanford to stay in state.

They also landed another OT, Jared Hilbers, whom some people consider the best prospect in the state of Oregon. He's more of a developmental guy than Adams or Roberts and will need a year or two to get stronger, but his quickness and frame are impressive for a LT prospect.

TE Michael Neal is a great all-around athlete . . . I think he has a chance to be a great weapon for a QB like Browning.

In addition, there are several excellent LB prospects from which to rebuild this defense. Austin Joyner is a big time player who can contribute on both sides of the ball and special teams. It's a class full of leaders, which is what we need right now to build for the future.

[youtube]CRAzhQtBnaA[/youtube]

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Love it Hawknation2015. You're the Mebane of dotnet; underrated value the layman cant see.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
pehawk":3lu1j8fy said:
Love it Hawknation2015. You're the Mebane of dotnet; underrated value the layman cant see.

Thanks, man. I appreciate it. I have enjoyed reading your posts; you have a hell of a sense of humor!

Check out RB/CB/KR Austin Joyner's highlight reel:
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1865373/hig ... 2098382/v2

People are talking about him on defense, but you can't keep the ball out of the hands of a guy with his balance, vision, and explosiveness.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
hawknation2015":12wouz6x said:
pehawk":12wouz6x said:

Thanks, man. I appreciate it. I have enjoyed reading your posts; you have a hell of a sense of humor!

People are talking about him on defense, but you can't keep the ball out of the hands of a guy with his balance, vision, and explosiveness.
Joyner needs to be a RB. I have no doubt he could be a good CB, he's that athletic, but like you said, he needs to have the ball inches hands.

This was a great class and basically Pete's first go at recruiting in a big time conference. I think he proved a lot of doubters wrong this week and that his methods (while a little different than at Boise) proved to work. What's most impressive is that he had no de-commits. Not one kid even so much as wavered a bit.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":31beog46 said:
hawknation2015":31beog46 said:
pehawk":31beog46 said:

Joyner needs to be a RB. I have no doubt he could be a good CB, he's that athletic, but like you said, he needs to have the ball inches hands.

This was a great class and basically Pete's first go at recruiting in a big time conference. I think he proved a lot of doubters wrong this week and that his methods (while a little different than at Boise) proved to work. What's most impressive is that he had no de-commits. Not one kid even so much as wavered a bit.

I agree. Unfortunately, he wants to play cornerback. Petersen mentioned that during his press conference yesterday. They said they didn't have any film of him playing corner because he played some kind of rover position in HS, but when they checked him out during the summer camp, he looked very fluid in coverage. As Petersen said, he could be the kind of competitor who would be successful wherever he plays.

As a RB, he is outstanding. His extraordinary balance is what sets him apart. He reminds me of a taller Ray Rice when Rice was at Rutgers (insert elevator joke here).

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Huskies desperately need secondary help over running back. They also added Miles Gaskin who will help at running back. If Joyner wants to be a CB and is doing well there, that is great.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3v1j2mr8 said:
The Huskies desperately need secondary help over running back. They also added Miles Gaskin who will help at running back. If Joyner wants to be a CB and is doing well there, that is great.
I'm not sure I 100% agree with this. I don't think the secondary needs help at all and I suspect they will be much better next year.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
It's not a glamour position. But the LS is rated #3 in the country. Maybe a future Seahawk.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3dw4df6m said:
They obviously don't mind losing to the ducks 4 years in a row.

Okay ! Who let Joey Harrington in here?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Browning will make or break that class, IMO. You guys need to hit on a qb, can't afford another miss.

The guy I like is defensive end Benning Potoae. I was hoping he was going to quack.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
JSeahawks":39jf5g6m said:
Browning will make or break that class, IMO. You guys need to hit on a qb, can't afford another miss.

The guy I like is defensive end Benning Potoae. I was hoping he was going to quack.
It's funny how Sark, the supposed QB guru, completely struck out at that position. 4 star bust after 4 star bust. The top 2 QBs next year will most likely be a RS Fr who barely ever threw the ball in HS and a true Fr. Thanks Sark!

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":o4oekrmp said:
JSeahawks":o4oekrmp said:

It's funny how Sark, the supposed QB guru, completely struck out at that position. 4 star bust after 4 star bust. The top 2 QBs next year will most likely be a RS Fr who barely ever threw the ball in HS and a true Fr. Thanks Sark!

I am predicting Sark's new "star" QB at SC (Ricky Town) will also be a major strike out. Weak arm and poor decision making from Town . . . Sark should have targeted Browning or Josh Rosen.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2vhce6hf said:
JSeahawks":2vhce6hf said:

I hate to defend sark, ever, but the Qb classes were bad all around. Look at the elite 11 from the year UW landed miles, only Winston has turned out. The rest are average to below average.

Oh and this year the state of oregon had horrible talent, getting the "best" prospect is nothing to brag about.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
CPHawk":1utkepa9 said:
Hawkfan77":1utkepa9 said:
JSeahawks":1utkepa9 said:

I hate to defend sark, ever, but the Qb classes were bad all around. Look at the elite 11 from the year UW landed miles, only Winston has turned out. The rest are average to below average.

Oh and this year the state of oregon had horrible talent, getting the "best" prospect is nothing to brag about.

Miles would have been a fine backup or reserve QB. It was the 2013 class where Sarkisian really screwed up the QB position:

#1 He chased off Max Browne, who ironically is now stuck with Sarkisian at USC.

#2 He refused to offer Bellarmine Prep's Sefo Liufau, who is so superior to any QB we had on the roster in terms of accuracy, decision making, and poise.

purpleneer

Reaction score
hawknation2015":34nx1z21 said:
CPHawk":34nx1z21 said:
Hawkfan77":34nx1z21 said:
JSeahawks":34nx1z21 said:

Miles would have been a fine backup or reserve QB. It was the 2013 class where Sarkisian really screwed up the QB position:

#1 He chased off Max Browne, who ironically is now stuck with Sarkisian at USC.

#2 He refused to offer Bellarmine Prep's Sefo Liufau, who is so superior to any QB we had on the roster in terms of accuracy, decision making, and poise.
Taking Troy Williams was not nearly the issue striking out in 2011 was. It was a good class and he struck out on all real targets, throwing a dart at Derrick Brown late. It was made worse by Montana's lack of development and departure.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Let's take a look at Sark's QBs while at Washington:

Nick Montana: 4 stars, transfered
Derrick Brown: 3 stars, position change
Jeff Lindquist: 4 stars, backup
Cyler Miles: 4 stars, starter (should be backup)
Troy Williams: 4 stars, tranfering

He got "talented" QBs, star wise, he just couldn't develop even one of them...not a one

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2sisglmd said:

He got "talented" QBs, star wise, he just couldn't develop even one of them...not a one
I'd like to know if we have anyone that CAN develop our qb's ..Who's job is it right now?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
IndyHawk":32c4pt0p said:
Hawkfan77":32c4pt0p said:

I'd like to know if we have anyone that CAN develop our qb's ..Who's job is it right now?

Ultimately, it's on Petersen. He is the former QB, QB coach, and OC who has turned two star players into All-Americans.

I thought we saw some signifiant improvement from Miles, but there is only so much you can do with a QB as inaccurate and erratic in his decision making as Miles.

If you're a Huskies fan, you have to be excited about Jake Browning -- great decision maker, incredible field awareness, deadly accurate, throws a catchable ball -- the anti-Miles.

MNWzZIB

[youtube]48_PGOspl1s[/youtube]

Latest posts