Dorial Beckham Green

jake206

Reaction score
I say we shoot for the moon and draft this guy 1st or 2nd round. I like Richardson, but we NEED a big target like Green to help Russell. Although the Percy experiment blew up in our faces, I don't think that should deter Carroll from drafted tilt-the field type of talent. Only other player I might think about is if any of the two top RB (Gurley and Gordon) are on the board at 1. If anyone can coach this guy up, its Carroll.

6-6 220 lbs, doesn't grow on trees.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLDraftGeek/status/563928904071516160[/tweet]

Also a great breakdown about his skillset on bleacherreport:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...en-beckham-has-tools-to-be-elite-nfl-receiver

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I watched the guy a bit, yeah he has rare size.

But what a project. To me he seems to be missing some of the bad ass I would want in a guy that big. I don't doubt his potential, but if I watch his games immediately after watching Kevin White games, I wonder if he is a first round talent. First round size, no doubt. But I said the same things about Benjamin last year, and he has been fine.

One thing has become clear to me over the years. That mizzou spread is pretty damn bad at teaching fundamentals to offensive players. Athletes in space, not much else.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I could really get behind it, he's a phenomenal talent. I also think there's a chance we could get him in the second.

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
He might be the most physically talented receiver to enter into the league since the Julio Jones/AJ Green draft. The biggest questions IMO are his off the field issues and the questions surrounding his practice abilities/habits.

Martavis Bryant came into the league last year with a similar profile. Look how he turned out for Pittsburgh! Although he wasn't anywhere near a 1st round pick

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I love DBG, IMO he's the best WR in this years draft. He's everything you want in a WR on the field, he's got the size, speed for his size, long arms, he's got good hands. He towers over CBs. Having a WR like him in the offense would do wonders and make us better from day 1. But...

In 3 years time I think there's an equal chance he's either one of the top WRs in the NFL or he's completely out of the league. And that makes me nervous about drafting someone like that even at 31 (even though I feel like he's a top 10 talent). But we do have the leadership to mold a kid like this. He's no Percy, he's not some premadona, he's just made a series of bad choices. I think guys like Russ and Baldwin could get a hold of him and get him straightened out.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Article on this with background and tape here... http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/2/7/7995 ... en-beckham

The Seahawks are set up to be competitive for a very long time, they have fewer needs than other teams and more draft picks. As a result, they have a fantastic opportunity to take more risks, more than any other team. 'It’s not often a player of this sort of ability comes along, it’s unheard of that a team that just made it to the Super Bowl could get a shot at drafting him.'

The Seattle Seahawks should feel more comfortable about pulling the trigger on Dorial Green-Beckham than any other team that goes before them. If he doesn't work out, they're still going to be an excellent team. If he does work out, you'll have a #1 receiver on the #1 team in the NFL over the past three seasons, with a #1 defense, a #1 running game and one of the top QB's in the league. A frightening thought.

randomation

Reaction score
I actually think if the hawks want him they are going to have to move up I firmly believe GB will take him if he is still available at their pick. I consider them the same as the Peyton era colts an offense constructed like a finely tuned autmobile and a defense made up of left over parts. Adding DGB would be done to mitigate the loss of Cobb who is likely gone. So I think if we want him we would need to move up ahead of the Packers at the very least.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":22ijsbv7 said:
But...

In 3 years time I think there's an equal chance he's either one of the top WRs in the NFL or he's completely out of the league. And that makes me nervous about drafting someone like that even at 31 (even though I feel like he's a top 10 talent).

That doesn't even make me nervous at 21.

Honestly, at that stage of the draft, it's not even uncommon for first round picks to not get extended for second contracts.

The home run possibility is just too great to ignore. Particularly at a position where we don't have many/any alternatives. And we've been looking for a long long time to acquire it.

I'm all over pursuing DGB aggressively. Even if it means doing something similar to what SF did to acquire Eric Reid. Move up and get the guy. Risk or not -- he is just a special talent. We have plenty of project picks to work with in this draft. I don't want a reliable, but unspectacular talent at a position of lesser want. This is a need that has been a pretty glaring deficiency for this club for two years now.

If he busts, we aren't out cap space. So there is the ability to hedge. And it's not like there won't be project big WRs we could double dip for if we're worried about that.

As far as play making ability, there isn't a receiver in this draft with DGB's potential. Whether he lives up to his potential is another matter. But from a raw ability and talent perspective, he dwarfs his competition. This staff is one of the best at developing talent. I'd like to see what they can do with a prospect with exceptional tools.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
After witnessing what Chris Mathews was able to do against the Pats I have changed my mind on giving this kid a try.
As good as Mathews looked though I'm not sure what it takes WR's to earn opportunities here. We don't really need any more bench warmers at the position. We have other pressing needs unfortunately.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Twitter rumours (I know) shed a very different light on the character concerns.... And if true he might be an UDFA.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1jvx7l3l said:
Twitter rumours (I know) shed a very different light on the character concerns.... And if true he might be an UDFA.

Interesting, what sort of stuff you heard?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He's Josh Gordon 2.0

In star potential and knucklehead ability off the field.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":otqmzsth said:
Article on this with background and tape here... http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/2/7/7995 ... en-beckham

The Seahawks are set up to be competitive for a very long time, they have fewer needs than other teams and more draft picks. As a result, they have a fantastic opportunity to take more risks, more than any other team. 'It’s not often a player of this sort of ability comes along, it’s unheard of that a team that just made it to the Super Bowl could get a shot at drafting him.'

The Seattle Seahawks should feel more comfortable about pulling the trigger on Dorial Green-Beckham than any other team that goes before them. If he doesn't work out, they're still going to be an excellent team. If he does work out, you'll have a #1 receiver on the #1 team in the NFL over the past three seasons, with a #1 defense, a #1 running game and one of the top QB's in the league. A frightening thought.
I'd be fine with taking the risk, remember Kelvin Benjamin? Regardless something needs to be done about our WR corps and likely the entire offense in the next two or three years maximum (because you can't justify spending elite level money on your quarterback and then proceed to NOT give him at least a few reasonable weapons in the passing game).

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
The rumor mill is going to soon escalate to the point where it'll be near impossible to tell. Kind of have to go with the sources you trust.

It's also the beginning of the lying season. Publicly, teams are already in full swing. With a prospect like DGB, you're going to hear a lot of teams that are interested in him, amplifying the character concerns in order for him to fall. Not unlike what you saw with Moss or Bryant or Sapp. Not saying he's the next Moss -- he could easily be the next Gordon. Or worse. Or better.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If the kid likes to smoke weed that much is Seattle even a safe destination for him?

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I think that if I'm completely honest with myself, I have to admit that I'm probably more in love with the IDEA of DGB and what he could be. And as is often the case with our infatuations, sometimes we have a tendency to overlook glaring flaws that we shouldn't. Back in 1998, Bobby Beathard (GM of the Chargers) ignored all of the warning signs that were screaming at him in the face and drafted Ryan Leaf anyway. The Raiders did the same thing with Todd Marinovich in 1991 ... and the Browns last year with Johnny Manziel.

Back in 2001, Mike Holmgren believed that he could rescue Koren Robinson from his demons as well. And if I'm honest with myself that's what I see when I look at DGB -- another Koren Robinson. I've worked with a lot of kids who have backgrounds similar to DGB and I know that if I were a team looking in invest my 1st Round pick in to a player, I'd be extremely wary.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":10iz24wd said:
I think that if I'm completely honest with myself, I have to admit that I'm probably more in love with the IDEA of DGB and what he could be. And as is often the case with our infatuations, sometimes we have a tendency to overlook glaring flaws that we shouldn't. Back in 1998, Bobby Beathard (GM of the Chargers) ignored all of the warning signs that were screaming at him in the face and drafted Ryan Leaf anyway. The Raiders did the same thing with Todd Marinovich in 1991 ... and the Browns last year with Johnny Manziel.

Back in 2001, Mike Holmgren believed that he could rescue Koren Robinson from his demons as well. And if I'm honest with myself that's what I see when I look at DGB -- another Koren Robinson. I've worked with a lot of kids who have backgrounds similar to DGB and I know that if I were a team looking in invest my 1st Round pick in to a player, I'd be extremely wary.

+1

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
For what it's worth Matt Miller's latest scouting update at BR says he changed his life around at OU.

Latest posts