My Pre-NFL Releases Mock Draft

Playmaker21

Reaction score
This is my pre-NFL Franchise Tag, Pre Releases Mock Draft.

#1 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
DE Randy Gregory (Nebraska)
Lovie Smith is trying to build this team the way he wants. Fast, opportunistic defense, and a power running game on offense. The Bucs have no pass rush outside of DT Gerald McCoy. Gregory has that long, lean body the Tampa 2 looks for in their edge rusher.

#2 Tennessee Titans
DT Leonard Williams (USC)
Williams has every bit of the talent that JJ Watt did coming out of Wisconsin. Williams is currently my #1 overall player.

#3 Jacksonville Jaguars
DE Dante Fowler (Florida)
Gus Bradley loves those interchangeable defensive linemen. Dowler can play all 4 positions on the Defensive Line and Linebacker too.

#4 Oakland Raiders
DT Danny Shelton (Washington)
New Head Coach Jack Del Rio will want to build on the Defensive Side of the ball. Teaming the massive, athletic Shelton with the outside speed of 2014 first round pick Khalil Mack will provide quite a 1-2 punch for years to come.

#5 Atlanta Falcons (Trade With Washington)
DE Shane Ray (Missouri)
Ray could go to Jacksonville at #3 leading to Washington taking Dante Fowler at #5. Or trading back to someone in desperate need for pass rushers. I think the top 5 players drafted in this draft could be these 5 defensive linemen/pass rushers. It is that kind of draft.

#6 New York Jets
WR Kevin White (West Virginia)
Expecting Amari Cooper, right? Cooper is listed at 6'1 by Alabama. Which in college terms means he is most likely under 6'1. You know how many under 6'1 WR's have went in the top 10 since the 2000 draft? Three, Peter Warrick, Ted Ginn, and Tavon Austin. All three were flops. The top 10 is reserved for the freaks of the position. The tall, athletic, jump ball guys. Cooper is more of a Jeremy Maclin than he is AJ Green.

#7 Philadelphia Eagles (Trade With Chicago)
QB Marcus Mariota (Oregon)
In my mock this is how it worked out. But I think some how, some way, the Eagles move up and take Marcus Mariota. There is one system that is being ran in the NFL that Mariota fits. With his former Head Coach at Oregon, Chip Kelly. The biggest issue for Kelly as a Head Coach has been finding the right QB for his system. Kelly is going into a critical 3rd year coming off of a non-playoff season. He has more control of the talent evaluation now. Look for sometime in the top 10 this move to happen

#8 Washington Redskins (Trade With Atlanta)
S Landon Collins (Alabama)
Redskins move back and get the player they wanted all along. The best defensive back in the draft on a team that has lacked talent at defensive back since Sean Taylor was killed.

#9 Cleveland Browns (Trade With New York Giants)
QB Jameis Winston (Florida State)
This just seems like a marriage made in football Hell...which is Cleveland. The Browns QB situation is a mess. Brian Hoyer is likely gone in free agency to get away from the dysfunction. Their 2014 first round pick at QB, Johnny Manziel, is in rehab for an unspecified amount of time. No free agent QB in their right mind will want to come to Cleveland, leaving the Browns desperate enough to move into the top 10 and trade both of their first round picks to take Winston. This is an ideal spot right in front of the Rams who are said to like Winston a lot.

#10 Los Angeles Rams
WR Amari Cooper (Alabama)
Rams GM Les Snead and Head Coach Jeff Fisher love southern players. Especially southern college players. I don't see any of the Offensive Tackles as top 10 worthy this year. The talent is there in the middle rounds. Teaming Cooper with a returning Brian Quick and then Bailey out of the slot, with a mixture of the "bust" Austin and the Rams have a nice set of receivers for whoever the Hell is their QB

#11 Minnesota Vikings
WR Devante Parker (Louisville)
Greg Jennings is getting long in the tooth and Cordarelle Patterson is more of a project at this point. Devante Parker has a lot of the skill set that WR's like Michael Irvin, Josh Gordon, Antonio Bryant, and others have had success with in Norv Turners offense.

#12 New York Giants (Trade With Cleveland)
DE Alvin "Bud" Dupree (Kentucky)
Despite if the Giants re-sign Jason Pierre-Paul, they need to restock a once dominant pass rushing defensive line

#13 New Orleans Saints
OLB Vic Beasley (Clemson)
The Saints are in re-build mode already. Beasley gives this the hybrid Saints defense a Von Miller type player and will become on of their building blocks for the next generation of New Orleans Saints

#14 Miami Dolphins
OT La'el Collins (LSU)
And the run of Offensive Linemen starts about now

#15 San Francisco 49ers
OT Brandon Scherff (Iowa)
Scherff can start out inside at Guard or replace a struggling Anthony Davis at ORT

#16 Houston Texans
CB Marcus Peters (Washington)
Peters might end up a top 10 pick after all is said and done

#17 San Diego Chargers
OT TJ Clemmings (Pittsburgh)
This allows DJ Fluker to play his more natural position at ORT while Clemmings starts at OLT

#18 Kansas City Chiefs
OL Cameron Erving (Florida State)
Andy Reid takes offensive linemen and defensive linemen early and often. Erving can play all 5 positions on the Offensive Line. He might be drafted to replace fellow Seminole Rodney Hudson who is a Free Agent

#19 NY Giants (Trade With Cleveland)
OLB Shaq Thompson (Washington)
The rebuilding of an under performing defensive front seven continues.

#20 Chicago Bears (Trade With Philadelphia)
DT Malcolm Brown (Texas)
Chicago is another surprising team looking to rebuild an aging roster. Brown sures up the middle of a weak Bears Defense.

#21 Cincinnati Bengals
LB Benadrick McKinney (Mississippi State)
Rey Maualuga's time appears to be done in Cincinnati. This could also be a spot for the Bengals to shock the world and take a QB

#22 Pittsburgh Steelers
CB PJ Williams (Florida State)
The Steelers look to finally be moving on from Ike Taylor at CB

#23 Detroit Lions
RB Melvin Gordon (Wisconsin)
The Lions have gotten very little out of the RB position for years. I think Reggie Bush is gone this offseason. And Joique Bell is more of a complementary back. Gordon will give the Lions a playmaker in the backfield equivalent to Calvin Johnson down the field.

#24 Arizona Cardinals
TE Maxx Williams (Minnesota)
I swear the Cardinals franchise haven't had a good Tight End since Jackie Smith in the 1970's. Williams will give whoever is the Cardinals QB a legit weapon at the position for the first time in decades

#25 Carolina Panthers
WR Dorial Green-Beckham (Missouri)
6'6 Kelvin Benjamin, 6'6 Dorial Green Beckham, 6'5 Greg Olsen, and 6'6 Cam Newton? This looks like a basketball lineup with that size. And you know how much North Carolina likes their basketball, right?

#26 Baltimore Ravens
DT Carl Davis (Iowa)
They've already released Terrance Cody. Sounds like Haloti Ngata might be next. Might be time to rebuild the Ravens Defensive front seven.

#27 Dallas Cowboys
DE Markus Golden (Missouri)
Versatile Missouri Defensive Lineman that can put on 15 lbs and kick inside as a 3rd down pass rusher as well

#28 Denver Broncos
DT Jordan Phillips (Oklahoma)
Wade Phillips needs a massive Nose Tackle to run his defense. Jordan Phillips fills that need

#29 Indianapolis Colts
OT Andrus Peat (Stanford)
Peat comes into "Stanford East" and is a plug and play at OLT and gives the Colts some nastiness up front on offense.

#30 Green Bay Packers
DL Arik Armstead (Oregon)
Amrstead has possibly the most upside of any player in the 2015 draft

#31 Seattle Seahawks
DL Michael Bennett (Ohio State)
A versatile Defensive Lineman who has great balance and initial burst. High motor guy who will help re-stocking the Seahawks thinning defensive line talent

#32 New England Patriots
CB Trae Waynes (Michigan State)
This might be where a Tampa Bay, Tennesee, or Jets trade up for a QB. But Brandon Browner and/or Darrelle Revis could leave the Patriots this offseason.

pehawk

Reaction score
Good stuff, playmaker. I appreciate the effort.

Until I actually see it be different, I'm saying Winston is selected by TB. It makes too much sense athletically and (maybe most importantly) fiscally.