Tevin Coleman

McGruff

Reaction score
Haven't watched Coleman yet . . .

But I am watching Phillip Dorsett and Clive Walford video, and the guy leaping off the film is neither of those guys.

The guys making plays repeatedly and showing fantastic speed and all around skills is RB Duke Johnson. He's small, definitely not a Lynch replacement, but he runs hard, has fantastic burst, and catches the ball like a WR out of the backfield. He's a weapon.

[youtube]WiNfz4pgeXI[/youtube]

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Check out RB/KR- Marcus Murphy as a play maker and potential returner.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I don't think Duke Johnson would fare well behind the Seahawk OL. Lynch gets most of his yards after contact and many times that has happened before he hits LOS. On Johnson's runs it seems that he is having a good OL upfront that allows him to be untouched before he hits LOS. Just my observation. I think this guy would be good fit for the Seahawk and he's not a first day pick -

David Cobb, RB, Minnesota
[youtube]ySyzWlsUfK0[/youtube]

[youtube]DSHhWohBk1c[/youtube]

Rat

Reaction score
Coleman was the only thing Indiana had and was still unstoppable. He's a huge steal if you get him after the first round.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
His 100m PR was 10.5

I like what I've seen so far and think he would be a steal in the 2nd/3rd.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
He needs to learn to switch the ball over when running.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":ch6k2jmp said:
I don't think Duke Johnson would fare well behind the Seahawk OL. Lynch gets most of his yards after contact and many times that has happened before he hits LOS. On Johnson's runs it seems that he is having a good OL upfront that allows him to be untouched before he hits LOS. Just my observation. I think this guy would be good fit for the Seahawk and he's not a first day pick -

David Cobb, RB, Minnesota
[youtube]ySyzWlsUfK0[/youtube]

[youtube]DSHhWohBk1c[/youtube]
I love this guy and was trying to post the 2nd video until I noticed you had.He would be a great pick if the Beast stays and this guy gets bigger and learns.He isn't afraid of contact and shoots through holes.He can catch pretty good also and returns kicks..

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Timmahawk":1920facr said:
Seanhawk":1920facr said:
He needs to learn to switch the ball over when running.

Jay Ajayi has the same problem

Not just for fumbling issues, but I also think it costs you a lot of yards. I've always said that Alexander's broken wrist was a bigger injury than his foot as dumb as that may sound. He was always very good at using his off arm and when he was forced to carry the ball in one hand he looked like a fish out of water.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
RB-Tevin Coleman at pick #63 please......

""Coleman finished the 2014 season with 2,036 rushing yards and 15 touchdowns. Only Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon rushed for more yards this season. Coleman essentially was the Indiana offense this year. After starting quarterback Nate Sudfeld went down with an injury, Coleman had to face a lot of eight-man fronts in Indiana's last six games, as opponents didn't fear Sudfeld's replacement, Zander Diamont. Coleman still rushed for 976 yards in those six games against some of the best run defenses in the country in Penn State, Michigan State, Michigan and Ohio State
15 100-yard rush games in 21 starts the past two seasons, including 10 in a row at one point). Coleman sees the field well with vision to read blocks and find holes, making himself skinny and keeping his pads square to the line of scrimmage.
Coleman showed stamina late in games, averaging 8.4 yards per carry in the second half of games in 2014. Coleman looks like DeMarco Murray on some carries and Darren McFadden on others with his NFL projection landing somewhere in between those two backs. He is arguably the best three down back in this draft class not named Todd Gurley because of his ability in pass protection and catching the ball, putting his draft value in the second round range. "" nfldraftsite.com

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I watch Coleman, and I basically see Robert Turbin.

Decent size, good blocker. Physical back. But not a tackle breaker. Has an ability to break runs. Get some yards after contact. But he is similar in that you see a lot of going down by arm tackles. Many times you see the defender not getting a clean tackle on him, only to watch him go down regardless.

He doesn't look like he has Turbin's shiftiness. More of an upright kind of runner like Murray.

His production stats are great. But I'm looking at his play expecting to see NFL quality tacklers -- and I don't see him having the same alpha back kind of ability to either evade or power through imperfect tackles. Quality committee back.