You're favorite player in the draft?

pehawk

Reaction score
This can be a player you LOVE not necessarily the player you think we'll be the best. Or, not someone you think the Seahawks should select. Just, what players are you just loving this year?

My criteria is clouded by who I'd love the Seahawks to somehow select.

Mine is Shaq Thompson. Yeah, I know, total homer, but dude reminds me of Earl. Just a crazy passion to play "blah". Was an absolute monster at SS, LB and RB. He's already a Seahawk in my head...he'd fit right in. He's a throwback to those Ray Lewis Ravens squads.

JSeahawks/Phil Knight's Fluffer":3iehndrv said:
Without question Marcus Mariota

We know J, we know.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
DE: Dante Fowler Jr. - Dude is an absolute monster. Absolutely plays like a Seahawk...too bad he won't be one. Hopefully he is a falcon.

DE: Shane Ray - Plays with extraordinary fire/passion. And his speed/closing burst is a sight to behold. Another Seahawky type player.

WR: Phillip Dorsett - His speed is just a spectacle. I love watching guys who can effortlessly burn. Plays with fire too.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
You only thought you knew.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=92979

I do love me some mariotA though and I'm praying he somehow ends up with Philly.

As for Shaq, kinda reminds me of ex-seahawk Anthony Simmons. I kind of wonder if he's a tweener though... A man without a position in the nfl.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2a27wn46 said:

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=92979

I do love me some mariotA though and I'm praying he somehow ends up with Philly.

As for Shaq, kinda reminds me of ex-seahawk Anthony Simmons. I kind of wonder if he's a tweener though... A man without a position in the nfl.

Simmons didn't love the game. Simmons was an athlete playing football. Shaq is all football. That's a gross analogy.

As a fan of the NFL, I want Chip to get Mariota too. I want Chips vision to play out. It could be the dawn of a new era.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
pehawk":hjtiih7q said:
JSeahawks":hjtiih7q said:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=92979

Simmons didn't love the game. Simmons was an athlete playing football. Shaq is all football. That's a gross analogy.

As a fan of the NFL, I want Chip to get Mariota too. I want Chips vision to play out. It could be the dawn of a new era.

I'd rather not perpetuate the myth that Oregon's offense can translate to any other level outside the Pac 10. Why give J more lotion?

Where would Shaq play with the Hawks?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Shaq could play what, 3 positions in a pinch? Two LB spots and back up Kam?

You going to suggest Hagan or Plummer, Uncle Si?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
pehawk":18zcogy6 said:
Shaq could play what, 3 positions in a pinch? Two LB spots and back up Kam?

You going to suggest Hagan or Plummer, Uncle Si?

I grew up a Husky, so I'm better off talking about their past players... But i'm happy to relive the Rose Bowl season.

I didn't know how Shaq translated to the NFL.

McGruff

Reaction score
Melvin Gordon.

After that probably Sammie Coates, Maxx Williams and La'El Collins.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Today is Dorial Green Beckham

Tomorrow it will probably be someone different

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
DeAndre Smelter. As unlikely as it is there are some guys you can't help but want badly for the Seahawks, to the extent that you'll be disappointed if you don't get them. Aaron Donald was that guy for me last year until his stock soared, then it became Allen Robinson. Smelter's that guy for me this year.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
1. Gurley
1a. Gordon
2. DGB
3. Preston Smith
4. Phillip Dorsett
5. Jordan Phillips
6. Cameron Erving
7. Maxx Williams
8. Jake Fisher

Not that these are the guys I necessarily want at 31. These are guys who I'd be happy with seeing anywhere between rounds 1 through 3.

Probably means we aren't getting any of them though.

purpleneer

Reaction score
If they do all the due diligence and are comfortable with DGB, that talent is oh so tempting and could be huge.
BTW, as much as I've gotten used to how common it is, that "you're" in the title is bugging the hell out of me.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Favorite "Player" I always thought meant you only get to pick one. :thirishdrinkers:

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2zx0rtpa said:
Favorite "Player" I always thought meant you only get to pick one. :thirishdrinkers:

Just doing the Seahawks thing. Have a pool of favorites and take what falls.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I'll say Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota.

Good athlete, good blocker. Reminds of Todd Heap (there's your ASU reference Mr. Pehawk)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Late round guy I really like, ifo ekpre olomu. He'll need a year to redshirt and heal, but prior to his injury was thought if as a to 20 pick type guy. Would be a nice addition to LOB.