Vernon ADams officially transferring to UO

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Oregon it is! First off, I want to thank God for this amazing opportunity. I want to thank all of Eagle Nation for all the love and support. Want to thank every single one of my teammates for pushing me to be a better man/athlete everyday these past 4 years. Definitely want to thank Coach B, the coaching staff, and the everybody upstairs who has something to do with my success. Thank you Coach B for being the first school to ever offer me, you'll always be a good friend of mine. I also want to thank all the other athletes and coaching staff's here at EWU for all the love & support. I'm going to love & miss yall forever Cheney/Spokane but I have to do what I think is best for me and my family. All love. GOD BLESS #GoDucks #WTD"

http://oregon.247sports.com/Article/EWU ... n-35525642

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
{sigh}

Well again, not surprised. Best for the kid, hope he sees the field and I'll be rooting for him all of the way.

pehawk

Reaction score
Does he start there?

I've been intrigued by him for awhile, in a football and sexual way.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":2l00612r said:
Does he start there?

Yea, he'll be the starter as soon as he steps on campus. The other options are a red shirt freshman and a true freshman, both who have talent but aren't ready yet.

With Adams I think the ducks are right back in the playoff conversation. Without him I think they would have been a 3 or 4 loss team.

pehawk

Reaction score
Thanks J. Guess it wouldn't have been reported on ESPN, if he wasn't starting.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I thought Duck fans were saying there is a big dropoff from Mariotta to Adams. But I guess now that he's on your team you can finally admit he's the best qb in the country? Seriously...he is. And the Ducks are gonna be good with him at qb.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1kh52i5k said:
pehawk":1kh52i5k said:
Does he start there?

Yea, he'll be the starter as soon as he steps on campus. The other options are a red shirt freshman and a true freshman, both who have talent but aren't ready yet.

With Adams I think the ducks are right back in the playoff conversation. Without him I think they would have been a 3 or 4 loss team.

That's a pretty bold statement. Mariota flat out carried the Ducks at times last year. I would be surprised if Adams can do the same.

kearly

Reaction score
Anyone who's seen Adams play knows the guy is a stud. He can't stay healthy, but he's a damn good QB.

SE174

Reaction score
kearly":1181bjbw said:
Anyone who's seen Adams play knows the guy is a stud. He can't stay healthy, but he's a damn good QB.
Can't stay healthy? He was hurt only once during his EWU career. He broke a bone in his foot during the first half against ISU this last year, and played the rest of the game. He missed the next four, but he's never been injured at EWU beyond that.

kearly

Reaction score
SE174":18jdihwt said:
kearly":18jdihwt said:
Can't stay healthy? He was hurt only once during his EWU career. He broke a bone in his foot during the first half against ISU this last year, and played the rest of the game. He missed the next four, but he's never been injured at EWU beyond that.

He gets dinged A LOT. Keith Price didn't miss many games either.

Fantastic QB regardless.

zifnab32

Reaction score
SE174":1a95w6a0 said:
kearly":1a95w6a0 said:

He got beat up in the UW game - he was significantly slowed in the 4th quarter compared to the 1st quarter. Getting hit really put a toll on him.

SE174

Reaction score
kearly":29rzqpt1 said:
SE174":29rzqpt1 said:
kearly":29rzqpt1 said:

He gets dinged A LOT. Keith Price didn't miss many games either.

Fantastic QB regardless.

How so? He's got the sickle cell trait and cramps at altitude, but I've never seen him ailed besides that and the foot injury this last year.

He does need some bulk, but I hope he eventually backs up Wilson in Seattle.