7 Round Mock Draft (with comp picks)

dutchcoug

Reaction score
My first stab at the Seahawk's draft. A lot will change between now and the draft, so I'll probably try again post combine.

(1)- Brandon Scherff, OT/OG, Iowa- Was an OT in college but can see him replacing Carpenter and maybe OT down the road if any changes are made with Okung or Britt.

(2)- Nate Orchard, DE, Utah- Might be a bit overly optimistic that he falls to the end of the 2nd round but he would provide great depth to the DE rotation.

(3)- Carl Davis, DT, Iowa- Would replace Tony McDaniel, cheaper and younger.

(4)- Tyler Lockett, WR, Kansas State- Would take care of our punt/kick returns and was a very productive WR in college.

(4 comp pick)- Cameron Erving, C/G/OT, Florida State- Good OL depth that can play anywhere on the line.

(5)- Ben Koyack, TE, Notre Dame- Good blocking TE that can do enough on the receiving part of being TE.

(5 comp pick)- David Cobb, RB, Minnesota- Not a sexy pick for RB like Gurley or Gordon but I think he's what the Seahawks are looking for in a RB (this is under the assumption that Lynch plays for the Hawks in '15).

(5 comp pick)- Amarlo Herrera, ILB, Georgia- Depth for Bwags, pretty good speed and tackling.

(6 from Jets)- Vince Mayle, WR, Washington State- Homer pick but I think if he falls to the 6th round he's definitly worth seeing how he does.

(6 comp pick)- Josh Shaw, CB, USC- Putting his offseason issue aside, he's the phycical style CB we generally look for.

(7)- Bo Wallace, QB, Ole Miss- Maybe someone we can stash on the PS if Daniels takes over for TJack.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Not bad but I think some of those players are gone much earlier in particular Davis and Erving.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Maybe the most optimistic mock I've seen but why not eh? I'd take Lockett in the second, seriously. He's our Tate replacement and I think he could do it immediately.

OP
OP
dutchcoug

dutchcoug

Reaction score
The more I look at other mocks, the more I agree on my over optimism. I guess it's to early to peg some of the play properly. Who know, maybe after the combine and pro days these player's stock will shift enough to where these don't look as far fetched.