Tevin Coleman

chris98251

Reaction score
I want this kid.

Sounds like a young Lynch, seems only knock may be a biut of patience to let things develop.

Strengths
Decisive north-south runner. Outstanding three-step burst into second level. Fearless between the tackles. Has dangerous jump-cut to instantly change gaps and ruin the plans of linebackers. Stays square to the line and is always in ready position to hit turbo. Fluid and flexible lower body with elite one-cut ability and natural change-of-direction talent without gearing down. Power in legs to slice through arm tackles and uses free hand as quality stiff-arm. Violent run finisher. Will duck shoulder and throw heavy forearm into tackler to prove a point. Not a content runner -- keeps feet moving after contact and won't give in. Capable hands out of backfield and willing to square up and engage pass rushers on pass plays. Hits top speed so quickly that safeties and linebackers repeatedly take poor angles, leading to long touchdowns. Half of his 28 career rushing touchdowns were of 43-plus yards, including eight of 64-plus yards.
Weaknesses
Treats every carry like a sprint. Must improve run tempo and patience on stretch plays. Has to learn when to keep run play-side and improve patience so he allows back-side cutback lanes to develop. Can improve out of backfield. Wasn't always in position to scan defense on screen passes, resulting in lost yardage. Pad level often a little high into contact.
NFL Comparison
Darren McFadden
Bottom Line
His violent running style is a joy to watch, but might have to be tempered to extend his career. He is a "race car in the red" on just about every snap and refuses to give in, which leads to many big runs. Zone, gap, power ... it doesn't really matter because Coleman can fit all schemes. Has the burst and top-end speed to be a game-changing running back for a team looking for a workhorse.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
He's a beast, though he does seem to lack suddenness and great straight speed. I do like him more than Jay Ajayi because he's more consistent at breaking tackles. It's a deep class of physical backs. Too bad Coleman won't participate at the combine.

[youtube]b4kEANSPlWg[/youtube]

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
He has speed, he was running away from corners in many of those runs, suddeness, seemed to cut well in space to me. Delivers a punch is what I like, a guy that gives on the end of a run versus receiving will leave an impression on a defense, they also have a knack of having longer careers, Lynch and Payton both have/had good careers and they both deleiver /deleivered the finishing hit versus take it.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I've REALLY been warming up to this guy of late. From the little that I've seen of him, I'd say that he'd be the perfect fit for the type of offense Seattle wants to run. There's not any real wasted motion with this guy. Unlike Christine Michael, Tevin Coleman is a quick, bust through the hole no wasted motion kind of guy. Gotta love the tough kind of running style that he brings to the table. I don't know that I'd say Marshawn Lynch -- he more reminds me more of Terrell Davis (which ain't exactly a bad thing).

Given his ultra tough running style and the fact that he weighs 30 pounds more than Coleman, I'd say that the Seahawks would prefer Todd Gurley. However, if the Hawks don't end up landing Gurley ... Tevin Coleman would be one whale of a consolation prize.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I see him almost exactly as I do Robert Turbin. Strong runner who is arm tackled with relative ease. Shows some burst, and if blocking is great, can take it to the house. Falls forward a lot. But doesn't need to be form tackled to do it.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
It is Gurley (if he comes back full strength) Gordan and Coleman. Either one of these guys I would be greatful to have. If we pass on a RB and get one of the awesome receivers out there, there will be a run on running backs in the second round, even Jay Ajayi will be gone by the 45 pick.

Looks like we either go receiver or running back in the 1st/early 2nd,,,, either way good pick even if we trade down. Then I think we go DL and OL next. Look for CB, TE and Line Backer diamonds after that