Amari Cooper Scouting Combine Prediction

hawknation2015

Reaction score
He reminds me of Marqise Lee. Nothing to do with height, just that he doesn't seem to attack the ball at its highest point. I don't see him as a No. 1 WR.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Playmaker21":1s6w4fc0 said:
I think Alabama WR Amari Cooper will measure under his listed 6'1 and it will effect his draft stock.

He's still a Top 10 pick.

kearly

Reaction score
I haven't amateur scouted him or anything, but the few games I watched I never thought he'd be a #1 in the NFL. A good WR to have, but not a guy that will force double teams. My initial impression of him is that he's a Kendall Wright class of WR. A guy that is nice to have but not much of an NFL difference maker for most teams.

Not surprised by the height measurement.

There probably isn't a #1 WR in this draft. That's okay, a lot of drafts have none of them. They are basically as rare as a true franchise LT.

Devin Smith kind of gives me Steve Smith vibes, if Steve Smith was taller. Was Steve Smith a true #1? That's debatable, IMO. Kevin White is a good player but I think he's in the same class as DeAndre Hopkins. Not a true #1, but worth a first round pick. There are a few guys out there with #1 WR tools, but are long shots.

Devin Smith is the only WR Seattle could take at #1 that would have me giddy, but it sounds like his draft stock now is solidly upper 1st round. I wouldn't complain about Cooper at #31, but I doubt he lasts that long.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Kevin White could be the next Larry Fitzgerald. Explosive route runner . . . just ran an official 4.35 40. Great length at 6'3, and more importantly, he catches the ball at its highest point, unlike Amari Cooper. Also put up an impressive 23 reps on the bench with 33'' arms. He's proven himself to be a hard worker and is blowing up the combine. I wouldn't take any receiver before KW.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I love Amari Cooper but Lane Kiffin is notorious for stat stuffing a WR. He did the same thing with Marqise Lee

Kevin White is going to be one hell of a WR.

Last years draft obviously was insane for WR's, but this years has a tremendous amount of talent as well. Just not the same amount as last year.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":c1torq72 said:
I love Amari Cooper but Lane Kiffin is notorious for stat stuffing a WR. He did the same thing with Marqise Lee

Kevin White is going to be one hell of a WR.

Last years draft obviously was insane for WR's, but this years has a tremendous amount of talent as well. Just not the same amount as last year.

Excellent point about Kiffin . . . he did that with Dwayne Jarrett and Reggie Bush too.

I wonder about Nelson Agholor as a mid round option at WR. He played 2nd fiddle to Marqise Lee when Kiffin was calling the plays at Southern Cal. But he's faster than Lee (4.42 vs. 4.52), has longer arms (32'' vs. 31''), and appears to have better hands than Lee with fewer drops.

[youtube]M8tK4uRzx5s[/youtube]

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/nelson- ... te-2014-2/

kearly

Reaction score
I have to say that I was surprised by White's 40 time. He burned DBs a ton in college, but always just by a step. I would have guessed he was more of a 4.45 guy based on his games.

He seems like such a can't miss player, but he never wowed me the way most top 10 overall pick WR prospects would. Felt a lot like watching Torrey Smith.