OT Ereck Flowers, Miami

McGruff

Reaction score
6-6, 330 pound mauler with great length who has pplayed LT for the Canes. Many project him at RT, but I wonder if Cable might not see him as a mauling LT prospect perfect for a smash mouth team.

He just put up 37 reps on the bench with 34+ inch arms . . . that's incredible strength and its shows on film. What do y'all think?

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/ereck-flowers/

Frozenropers

Reaction score
The Flower went Beast Mode on that bench press!

He'd look awefully nice at LG next season with the option to move out to LT the year after. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Would be tough to get him though......don't think he makes it down to us.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Frozenropers":1qpencdm said:
The Flower went Beast Mode on that bench press!

He'd look awefully nice at LG next season with the option to move out to LT the year after. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Would be tough to get him though......don't think he makes it down to us.

There's no way he drops to us without suffering some kind of serious injury (knock on wood that doesn't happen).

But this is a nice class of tackles overall.

The two Oklahoma guys have some freakishly long arms and performed well in the bench press considering.

Cedric Ogbuehi is a guy I have my eye on as a real possibility at 31. He is a Tyron Smith clone. He would probably be a Top 10 pick if not for a torn ACL. A freakish athlete with 36'' arms. He has great footwork in pass pro. We may be able to afford to PUP him to allow him to recover for the first 6-8 weeks of the season and then work him back slowly with the goal of adding him to the starting rotation in 2016.

[youtube]H8R2tPPWtTM[/youtube]

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
Depending on where you look, Flowers is about the 5th or 6th rated tackle prospect. Most teams will view him as a RT, pushing him down the board.

In 2014 and 2013 5 tackles were drafted in the 1st round. In 2012 it was 2.The last time 6 tackles were drafted in the 1st round was 2011 . . . one of those was James Carpenter. The all time high was 7 in 2008. Other than that, it is usually about 4 average per year drafted in the 1st round.

I love a scenario in which Flowers plays LG before transitioning to LT next year. The guy is a classic Cable guy. Big, strong, athletic and mean. Watch his film and he plays nasty. He finishes people and then finds someone else to hit.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2c1ievhf said:
Cedric Ogbuehi is a guy I have my eye on as a real possibility at 31. He is a Tyron Smith clone. He would probably be a Top 10 pick if not for a torn ACL. A freakish athlete with 36'' arms. He has great footwork in pass pro. We may be able to afford to PUP him to allow him to recover for the first 6-8 weeks of the season and then work him back slowly with the goal of adding him to the starting rotation in 2016.

[youtube]H8R2tPPWtTM[/youtube]

Scottemojo has said pretty much exactly the same thing and you can count me on board. Successful teams nearly never get a shot at drafting a guy like Ogbuehi. Draft him to replace Okung in 2016 and save yourself lots of money. Makes too much sense.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
I don't get the Ogbuehi love. For being considered a pass protection oriented tackle, he gets bull rushed back into his QB (or near) way too consistently for my taste (The Miss. State game comes to mind, but I could be mistaken as my memory isn't reliable, lol). He seems to benefit from a lot of designed short-intermediate passes providing just enough time to avoid backpeddling into his QB. Personal opinion, but that wouldn't work too well in Seattle with Wilson's hesitance to pull the trigger fairly regularly.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Pie Romania":lcdog007 said:
I don't get the Ogbuehi love. For being considered a pass protection oriented tackle, he gets bull rushed back into his QB (or near) way too consistently for my taste (The Miss. State game comes to mind, but I could be mistaken as my memory isn't reliable, lol). He seems to benefit from a lot of designed short-intermediate passes providing just enough time to avoid backpeddling into his QB. Personal opinion, but that wouldn't work too well in Seattle with Wilson's hesitance to pull the trigger fairly regularly.

To go back to my Tyron Smith analogy . . . Smith was also beaten like a drum at RT at USC, allowing several multi-sack games. His playing weight at that time was only 280 lbs. But people could see the raw potential because of his extraordinary frame, arm length, and athleticism. People see in Ogbuehi the same kind of raw prospect with a high ceiling that they saw in Smith. Ogbuehi is especially high risk/high reward because of his recent ACL surgery.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
It's not merely the recent injury. He's had a checkered injury history virtually his entire career at TAMU.