Draft prospects rumored that met with Seahawks...

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MockingTheDraft/status/568507822914330624[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JamesCrepea/status/568533422756335616[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TruMaroonNation/status/568531292754546688[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/568479441938202624[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/568479441938202624[/tweet]

McGruff

Reaction score
Just watched some Yeldon. Very impressive for a big guy. Three things immediately jump out. First, he's a top notch pass blocker. Second, he's good after contact. Third, he's got very active feet. In that way he is like Marshawn. His feet are always moving and are never far from the ground. He doesn't have the wide legged running style, but he has those quick, stuttering feet that keep him from going down easy. He's tall, and it shows in an outright running style, which is concerning. He hasn't shown a ton in the passing game.

Robinson is a fire plug. Short and with a bulky lower body, he reminds me a bit of Maurice Jones-Drew. Runs with a ton of power and has great vision. They did throw to him a bit more, but mostly on swings and dump offs. Showed good blocking as well.

Both back have experience in the read option, which I think is a trait the Hawks are looking for. They don't look like breakaway guys. Weight, lower body strength and good feet are common factors.

McGruff

Reaction score
Sims is an interesting RW type option. He's short, and his improvisational work under pressure is very WIlson-like. He throws well on the run and is usually looking downfield rather than looking to run. He's got a good, not great arm, and his accuracy is not great, especially from the pocket. And his drop back is down right clunky. But he's got good tools to work with.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I think I saw that we met with Maxx Williams too.

Don't know how telling these are but I think we've met with a couple of players at the combine before who we've gone on to draft. Christine Michael potentially being one of them? Michael also overslept and missed two interviews at the combine, we probably should have known then...

McGruff

Reaction score
The Seahawks typically use these interviews on late round and UDFA guys.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
I really like all of those guys that have met with the Hawks...which is a little disappointing.

Robinson: Just love this kid. Don't think he's ever a primary back, but I think he is the type that everybody would love to have as a #2. Does everything well, just doesn't have the burst.

Yeldon: I think he is being underrated right now, because he got hurt this year and the shine was taken away by Derrick Henry. Yeldon has MAJOR upside. If he falls to R3 or R4, I think it'd be stupid to not swoop him up. His long speed is very underrated.

Nick Marshall: A personal favorite of mine. His twiiter account is hilarious, if you haven't checked it out (an aside). He just seems like the type of late round prospect the Seahawks covet. Premium athletic ability that is moldable. I will be really disappointed if he's not a Seahawk. Definitely has an LOB attitude.

Maxx Williams: Just screams "Professional." There are much more exciting picks, but I think he's the type of guy, who becomes a 10 year lynchpin in this type of offense. I could really see him and RW creating a special chemistry and he's the type of receiving threat the Seahawks desperately need (Reliable chain mover).

ivotuk

Reaction score
McGruff":tllkxhki said:
Marshall makes too much sense for us not to look at him.

Nick Marshall is my sleeper QB. Watching Sammie Coates, I kept wondering "Who the hell is 14?" Guy is accurate with a fairly quick release. His throwing motion makes me think of a cross between Philip Rivers and Dan Marino. It's sometimes compact like Marinos, and sometimes sidearm push like Rivers. He seems to adjust his throws to what's available as far as room in the pocket and how deep his throw has to go.

Edit: Looks like Nick Marshall is considering DB in the NFL.

"For Marshall, the decision seemed rather simple. “Me and my mother talked it over,” he said. “It was just something that was the best for me and my future.” At Tuesday’s weigh-in, Marshall checked in at 6-foot-1 ½ and 210 pounds, undersized for a quarterback. The fact that he played in Gus Malzahn’s hurry-up, read-option-heavy offense means Marshall would face a steeper learning curve when he received his first NFL playbook.

But his height makes him a tall cornerback, and NFL teams are enamored with 6-foot-plus corners after watching 6-3 Richard Sherman and 6-1 Byron Maxwell lock down receivers for the Seattle Seahawks’ Legion of Boom secondary. Plus, cornerback isn’t new to Marshall. As a freshman at Georgia in 2011, he played 13 games as a corner and probably would have won a starting job in ‘12 had he not been booted from the team amid allegations that multiple Georgia players, including Marshall, stole from a teammate."

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I said all season that Blake Sims is a raw version of Russell Wilson. Would be an interesting UDFA project to compete with Daniels.

He needs a lot of work.. but the parallels are there.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ivotuk":2ejb29fb said:
McGruff":2ejb29fb said:
Marshall makes too much sense for us not to look at him.

Nick Marshall is my sleeper QB. Watching Sammie Coates, I kept wondering "Who the hell is 14?" Guy is accurate with a fairly quick release. His throwing motion makes me think of a cross between Philip Rivers and Dan Marino. It's sometimes compact like Marinos, and sometimes sidearm push like Rivers. He seems to adjust his throws to what's available as far as room in the pocket and how deep his throw has to go.

Marshall is not a good QB. Simply put. There are reasons why he's trying out at corner too.

pehawk

Reaction score
Marshall is the no brainer. I want that kid...he's my favorite sleeper in the draft.

sc85sis

Reaction score
If Marshall can handle CB at this level, he provides the ability the use him as your emergency QB and not have to take up a game-day roster spot for a 3rd QB.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
sc85sis":2zw83l92 said:
If Marshall can handle CB at this level, he provides the ability the use him as your emergency QB and not have to take up a game-day roster spot for a 3rd QB.

I'd rather have Jon Ryan at QB than Nick Marshall.

two dog

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3r7y5y7i said:
sc85sis":3r7y5y7i said:

Thank you, my best laugh of the day. Jon Ryan, what an arm !

bbsplitter

Reaction score
If we miss out on Gurley/Gordon and Ajayi goes too high, I would love to land Josh Robinson in the later rounds.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Clive Walford met with Seahawks.

Seattle has some insider knowledge with players at Miami with the hire of Brennan Carroll who coached both tight ends and then wide receivers in the last 4 years. This could be a sign coaches like what they've heard and want to dig a little deeper on him.

http://www.nfl.com/labs/rr/pathtothedraft/walford

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
New Orleans interviewed Jameis Winston.

Sometimes I think these teams are doing background work for potential opponents down the line. Every chance Winston ends up in the NFC South.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1eg3tiw2 said:
New Orleans interviewed Jameis Winston.

Sometimes I think these teams are doing background work for potential opponents down the line. Every chance Winston ends up in the NFC South.

You are probably right, but I suppose there's always the chance Winston falls to #13 and the Saints want to be prepared. There's also this article back in November saying Saints are looking at QBs early in the draft.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... gh-in-2015

And in some cases they are using their interviews to find out about teammates. Miami has a few players on offense Seattle could be asking Walford about for example.

kearly

Reaction score
I liked Sims a lot until he bombed his playoff game. He does make sense for Seattle though. As others have said, he has that same point guard at QB DNA that Wilson has.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2zq4rgww said:
sc85sis":2zq4rgww said:

I'm pretty sure BJ Daniels would that emergency 3rd QB