The #1 WRs in this Draft are...

hawksurething

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/tracker?i ... n-input:wr

the only #1 WRs in this draft that can pull double coverage & produce in the red zone are in order...Cooper,white,parker,strong,Beckham.(strong is a red zone monster,he won't separate much vs say revis...but he will out jump him and catch the ball on him anyways since he is that physical and attacks the ball). Beckham might be a head case but he has great ability.

After that you have a bunch of ridiculously flawed WRs who could never be a pro bowl #1 WR.

There are some good slot WRs though like Dorsett who is amazing! Then agholor good slot/KR just a little slow. Lippet skinny.

Then speed one trick pony's like D.smith who has bad hands. Or Greene who is OK but bad hands,don't sell routes,let's Cbs break on the ball,and can't box out which are all big boos !

Point is just get one of the top 5 so we hit for sure at WR this time. And pick up NFL proven free agents like Marshall or V.Jackson to get us the touchdown catch in the Superbowl this time. Making a big radius target on 3 & 1 step drops which make the O-line better,saves the QB from having to scramble as much & pulls 8 out of the box for lynch or another lesser RB.

Its Crazy how a big #1 WR makes the whole offense better.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Beckam Green is a physical monster at 6'5" and 237 lbs, but according to his draft analysis he doesn't know how to run routes, and barely knows what he's doing out there. Is that really going to scare a quality NFL defense ? It goes to show you how much the passing game matters when a guy is big and fairly fast and is projected to go in the 1st round and doesn't even know how to play football.

Chris Conley is a guy that is interesting in that he runs good routes, but the knock on him is that he's a bit skinny and if NFL guys get their hands on him, he doesn't back in the play fast enough. His NFL draft analysis says he lacks elite deep speed, then goes out and runs a 4.35 electronically timed 40. If he put a bit of weight and, and could block, he could be a good fit for us and we wouldn't need a 1st rounder on him. I haven't read anything on his blocking, but he went to Georgia and they ran the ball a lot.

Funchess ran a 4.7. He's going TE in the NFL with that time.

We honestly just need a guy that can get separation. Baldwin actually gets good separation, but Wilson misses him a lot, in favor of going to Kearse who is better at winning jump balls. I theorize that's because our OL protection is so bad. Matthews can be the red zone guy we want, but we need to upgrade the OL some.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Damn, Kevin White (West Virginia) just ran a 4.35 40.
6' 2 1/2" and 215#, coming off a 109 catch, 1,449 10TD season.

Definitely didn't hurt himself today.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Hawks46":1eddu9el said:
Beckam Green is a physical monster at 6'5" and 237 lbs, but according to his draft analysis he doesn't know how to run routes, and barely knows what he's doing out there. Is that really going to scare a quality NFL defense ? It goes to show you how much the passing game matters when a guy is big and fairly fast and is projected to go in the 1st round and doesn't even know how to play football.

Chris Conley is a guy that is interesting in that he runs good routes, but the knock on him is that he's a bit skinny and if NFL guys get their hands on him, he doesn't back in the play fast enough. His NFL draft analysis says he lacks elite deep speed, then goes out and runs a 4.35 electronically timed 40. If he put a bit of weight and, and could block, he could be a good fit for us and we wouldn't need a 1st rounder on him. I haven't read anything on his blocking, but he went to Georgia and they ran the ball a lot.

Funchess ran a 4.7. He's going TE in the NFL with that time.

We honestly just need a guy that can get separation. Baldwin actually gets good separation, but Wilson misses him a lot, in favor of going to Kearse who is better at winning jump balls. I theorize that's because our OL protection is so bad. Matthews can be the red zone guy we want, but we need to upgrade the OL some.

I see many fans don't know that...big WRs almost always run poor routes due to their height & weight.

Dez ran poor routes & Megatron and they Are the best WRs in the NFL. So routes mean squat with big WRs.

None of the WRs you mentioned would start for the elite QBs. Funchess cant catch. They would not have that at all :(

Elite QBs want WRs that catch it even when covered,since separation is not always there or is baited to SEEM like its there. Sherman baits alot ! Lol.

Peyton & Brady & Rodgers would miss Baldwin a lot playing as a #1 WR vs elite CBs...as a matter of fact they would not throw to him & lobby to get a stud WR or at least a bigger one like Brady lobbied for moss,lafell,gronk,etc...

Peyton choose the broncos over the seahawks for big WR reasons too. Right ?

This is how hawks are supposed to look at WRs so we don't miss again..in terms of if Rodgers,Brady,or Peyton would want them as their #1 option .?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
My brother really likes Beckham a lot. He posted DGB? on my facebook this morning. (my brother is a die-hard Hawk fan like me and really follows NCAA).

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":ewn4ovjn said:
My brother really likes Beckham a lot. He posted DGB? on my facebook this morning. (my brother is a die-hard Hawk fan like me and really follows NCAA).

DGB is good can be a #1 WR . its just his character that is scary. Hawks will see if he cAn be a good guy now ?

kearly

Reaction score
I like Green-Beckham purely for his potential, but thinking about him just makes me angry that Seattle didn't draft Martavis Bryant last year, who is IMO superior in every way and was a mid-4th rounder last year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Stopped reading when you said Devin Smith has bad hands.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
DGB is tall but lacks length (32 inch arms)... he's also fast but can't jump (33.5 inch vert).

Totally confusing.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":pk4q4jwq said:
Stopped reading when you said Devin Smith has bad hands.

I know we're all focused on bringing in a bigger WR, but Devin Smith would be exciting in this offense. He reminds me of a more explosive Robert Woods, who plays for Buffalo. Really sound, all-around game. Thrives on making the tough catches, but sometimes bobbles the easy ones. Very adept at creating separation. The over the shoulder catch he makes at the 2:10 mark of this video is insane. Not a No. 1 receiver, but he could replace Kearse at flanker.

[youtube]8ApMQsx0m8M[/youtube]

hawknation2015

Reaction score
hawksurething":2j29slao said:
WEAKNESSES Lacks natural, soft hands. Will double catch and corral throws into body !

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/ ... id=2552459

So Devin does have bad hands. I had enough of body catchers like kearse. I want real WRs. There are reasons these guys are not in the top 5 . do you know ???

Lance Zierlein has already proven himself to be wrong about just about everything.

Smith showed well in the catching drills . . . he looked like one of the top performers with only one drop on a poorly thrown ball.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3ujxs4qe said:
hawksurething":3ujxs4qe said:
WEAKNESSES Lacks natural, soft hands. Will double catch and corral throws into body !

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/ ... id=2552459

So Devin does have bad hands. I had enough of body catchers like kearse. I want real WRs. There are reasons these guys are not in the top 5 . do you know ???

Lance Zierlein has already proven himself to be wrong about just about everything.

Smith showed well in the catching drills . . . he looked like one of the top performers with only one drop on a poorly thrown ball.

That's a drill without a elite CB sticking him,let alone double coverage.

If you want a small speed WR Dorsett is the best :) great hands routes everything... He is just not big & might not demand a double team.

We NEED to get that 8th man out of the box or lynch is gone. His back can't take that pounding anymore . for all Lynch has done for us,let's make his last years a little easier :)

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Devin Smith doesn't have bad hands.

I've seen a couple of focus drops over the middle but he's a million miles away from Coates/Perriman when it comes to hands.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
WRs that caught the eye for me from watching drills at the combine were (outside of the main ones already mentioned and in no particular order):

Agholor
McBride
Lockette
Montgomery
Strong

I would be happy with any of the above. Waller still intrigues me greatly also.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3i1p8vfy said:
WRs that caught the eye for me from watching drills at the combine were (outside of the main ones already mentioned and in no particular order):

Agholor
McBride
Lockette
Montgomery
Strong

I would be happy with any of the above. Waller still intrigues me greatly also.

I agree on Agholor. He's a smooth operator. The one combine measurable with the most statistical significance to a WR's success in the NFL is his 10-yard split. Agholor had the 2nd best 10-yard split (1.53) from this WR class. That's 1/10 better than Amari Cooper's best time. It's too bad Agholor broke his finger and didn't participate in the rest of the drills.

The Jeremy Maclin comparison is looking like a good one for Agholor:
B YCVzlIYAAqw7Z

polarbill1999

Reaction score
I also some comparisons to Reggie wayne.

He was also 6' and 198 pounds Coming out.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I want Agholor and Smith. Double down and fix the position group. Go get big target in free agency. Dream scenario is Thomas and the two Wrs.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Cooper is only 6'1 with a "yucky" 33 inch vertical. He's nothing more than a #5 WR