Best RBs for the hawks with our oline

hawksurething

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/ ... id=2552453 Coleman is the best ! Speed power everything ! If we can improve our oline which gives the most penertration in the NFL !!!

Ajayi hands down for a 2nd or 3rd round pick if we miss Coleman or the oline stays the same. Abdullah,Yeldon,or Mike Davis late rounds will do if he is gone.( I love mike Davis after Ajayi & Coleman... Dude is short,thick, amazing catcher, breaks tackles behind the line,etc...if we are looking to get guys with not much wiggle like gurley ? Then Davis is that RB later)

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/ ... id=2552582

This is not saying much. No RB in this class is going to do well behind our line which gives the most penertration in the NFL. Lynch breaks all those tackles behind the line.

Gurley is supposedly the best but i think thats a lie. Dude won't make many miss,not a good zone runner either which is bad for the hawks.

If we had a top 5 Oline ?...Duke Johnson would be the best back period ! He is McCoy if he has space. too bad hawks dont have that though.

So its either Ajayi or Coleman in the 2nd round to replace lynch and produce behind our horrible O-line penertration wise. Ajayi is thee Best at breaking tackles behind the line !!!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Coleman sounds good, but he doesn't sound that much better than Turbin to me, really. He compares to McFadden. Lynch is so great because he has lateral quickness and strength. Ajayi sounds like the closest to Lynch.

It's going to be hard to predict what we're going to do at RB until we know what's up with Lynch. You're right, our OL requires a certain type of back to be really effective in run blocking, and that's a guy that can make the 1st guy miss then continue into his run.

So far guys like Coleman and even Gordon don't sound like terribly different runners in style to Turbin, and we know how effective he's been (good but not elite). I really want to see Michael learn how to carry the rock and then see what he can do; he has the most wiggle after Lynch. We just don't know if he'll improve with more reps.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Hawks46":61b2dnsw said:
Coleman sounds good, but he doesn't sound much that better than Turbin to me, really. He compares to McFadden. Lynch is so great because he has lateral quickness and strength. Ajayi sounds like the closest to Lynch.

It's going to be hard to predict what we're going to do at RB until we know what's up with Lynch. You're right, our fun requires a certain type of back to be really effective in run blocking, and that's a guy that can make the 1st guy miss then continue into his run.

So far guys like Coleman and even Gordon don't sound like terribly different runners in style to Turbin, and we know how effective he's been (good but not elite). I really want to see Michael learn how to carry the rock and then see what he can do; he has the most wiggle after Lynch. We just don't know if he'll improve with more reps.

Coleman is a burner,Turbin is just a plunge ahead runner which is why he is not affective...a RB must be able to cut & wiggle behind our oline.

Coleman has all that ,breaks tackles, and has speed that kills..STRENGTHS Decisive north-south runner. Outstanding three-step burst into second level. Fearless between the tackles. Has dangerous jump-cut to instantly change gaps and ruin the plans of linebackers. Stays square to the line and is always in ready position to hit turbo. Fluid and flexible lower body with elite one-cut ability and natural change-of-direction talent without gearing down. Power in legs to slice through arm tackles and uses free hand as quality stiff-arm. Violent run finisher. Will duck shoulder and throw heavy forearm into tackler to prove a point. Not a content runner -- keeps feet moving after contact and won't give in. Capable hands out of backfield and willing to square up and engage pass rushers on pass plays. Hits top speed so quickly that safeties and linebackers repeatedly take poor angles, leading to long touchdowns. Half of his 28 career rushing touchdowns were of 43-plus yards, including eight of 64-plus yards.

Ajaya is a boss too though so I can see why you choose less speed. Its really a matter of choice... I even like ajaya too for his soccer ability !

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawksurething":2ykx7eq7 said:
Hawks46":2ykx7eq7 said:
Coleman sounds good, but he doesn't sound that better than Turbin to me, really. He compares to McFadden. Lynch is so great because he has lateral quickness and strength. Ajayi sounds like the closest to Lynch.

It's going to be hard to predict what we're going to do at RB until we know what's up with Lynch. You're right, our OL requires a certain type of back to be really effective in run blocking, and that's a guy that can make the 1st guy miss then continue into his run.

Coleman is a burner,turbine is just a plunge ahead runner which is why he is not affective...a RB must be able to cut & wiggle behind our oline.

Coleman has all that ,breaks tackles, and has speed that kills...

Turbin ran a 4.4 forty at his combine. His problem is balance and that he has no wiggle. Granted, i haven't watched Coleman, but according to his draft profile, he's a 1 cut runner. He blows through guys, which will decrease at the NFL level. I'm not saying it's not effective, because guys like Chris Warren, Darren McFadden (whom he's compared to, and has no wiggle), Frank Gore (has more wiggle than some guys but is still more of a 1 cut runner), DeMarcus Murray, etc. have all done well with this style. Turbin would be a serviceable starter on a lot of teams, but not behind our OL. Guys that make 1 cut get screwed by penetration.

Compare that to running styles like Barry Sanders, Marshawn Lynch, Maurice Jones Drew, and heck Russell Wilson. They make guys miss and can do it full speed, yet still break tackles. I actually see Christine Michael as this style of back if he can pull his head out and learn to carry the ball in his left hand.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Hawks46":fjrv01bp said:
hawksurething":fjrv01bp said:
Hawks46":fjrv01bp said:
Coleman sounds good, but he doesn't sound that better than Turbin to me, really. He compares to McFadden. Lynch is so great because he has lateral quickness and strength. Ajayi sounds like the closest to Lynch.

Coleman is a burner,turbine is just a plunge ahead runner which is why he is not affective...a RB must be able to cut & wiggle behind our oline.

Coleman has all that ,breaks tackles, and has speed that kills...

Turbin ran a 4.4 forty at his combine. His problem is balance and that he has no wiggle. Granted, i haven't watched Coleman, but according to his draft profile, he's a 1 cut runner. He blows through guys, which will decrease at the NFL level. I'm not saying it's not effective, because guys like Chris Warren, Darren McFadden (whom he's compared to, and has no wiggle), Frank Gore (has more wiggle than some guys but is still more of a 1 cut runner), DeMarcus Murray, etc. have all done well with this style. Turbin would be a serviceable starter on a lot of teams, but not behind our OL. Guys that make 1 cut get screwed by penetration.

Compare that to running styles like Barry Sanders, Marshawn Lynch, Maurice Jones Drew, and heck Russell Wilson. They make guys miss and can do it full speed, yet still break tackles. I actually see Christine Michael as this style of back if he can pull his head out and learn to carry the ball in his left hand.

Correct turbo Turbine plunges ahead with no wiggle. Lol

Yep you understand what I'm saying about our oline. Ajayi is the best fit, but something tells me hawks will pick Coleman if he is still on the board,which would be a shame ! But he does have a better grade if they can fix the oline.

I like Duke more than every back ! Just needs a oline.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Your right about Michael. Dude just has a hard time behind our line even with his wiggle. Switching hands is a big deal & breaking tackles. Thank you for the insight ! :)