Players I Am Targeting For The Seahawks in the First Round

Playmaker21

Reaction score
The Seahawks should have an extra third round pick (among a few others) due to a compensatory pick. So I think they will have ammunition to jump up maybe 5 or so spots if they want to. Maybe even more if they are willing to give up more picks. Here is a list of a handful of players I think the Seahawks should target with their first round pick. In no order..

WR Dorial Green-Beckham (Missouri)
WR Jaelen Strong (Arizona State)
DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa (UCLA)
DT Malcolm Brown (Texas)
DL Michael Bennett (Ohio State)
CB P.J. Williams (Florida State)
CB Jalen Collins (LSU)

I think these players are the best fit to fill both needs and value.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
I really really like Owamagbe Odighizuwa. I actually like him more than I liked Easley last year, but I wonder if JS would swing on a second UCLA DL and I wonder if he'd use his 1st pick on one. That and I have yet to have one of my draft crushes picked by my team.

I think there is alot of good DL talent this year and depending on landing spot I think we could see several impact players.

chris98251

Reaction score
Deep draft trade back, I don't see us moving up unless we have a complete love affair with a specific 6'4" 240 pound fast WR with great hands and a punishing attitude when he catches the ball.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Yxes1122":sj7yo5ps said:
I really really like Owamagbe Odighizuwa. I actually like him more than I liked Easley last year, but I wonder if JS would swing on a second UCLA DL and I wonder if he'd use his 1st pick on one. That and I have yet to have one of my draft crushes picked by my team.

I think there is alot of good DL talent this year and depending on landing spot I think we could see several impact players.

I love Owa. I taught him in elementary school. Unfortunately I think he's more athlete than football player. I think
Most ucla fans would probably say that he was a disappointment and never lived up to his recruiting hype. Hr has a little brother Osa who is going to be a junior in high school right now who many think is going to turn out to be the better player.

CPHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":16wpml4b said:
Yxes1122":16wpml4b said:

I love Owa. I taught him in elementary school. Unfortunately I think he's more athlete than football player. I think
Most ucla fans would probably say that he was a disappointment and never lived up to his recruiting hype. Hr has a little brother Osa who is going to be a junior in high school right now who many think is going to turn out to be the better player.

Owa is a great athlete, but he did next to nothing on the field at UCLA. My two most overrated first round players have to be Owa and Arik Armstead. Both have the physical tools to be great, but neither have played at a level that justifies their draft status.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm going to be a very happy man when someone listens to all the hype and drafts DGB before we get a chance to.

I think that kid is going to flame out at the NFL level when you get him some money in his pocket, and take your 1st round pick with him.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawks46":3j6rkg4m said:
I'm going to be a very happy man when someone listens to all the hype and drafts DGB before we get a chance to.

I think that kid is going to flame out at the NFL level when you get him some money in his pocket, and take your 1st round pick with him.

He'll either be a ROTY candidate and perennial pro-bowler, or a total bust. No in between for him.

drdiags

Reaction score
The extra picks themselves are no ammunition, since they cannot be traded. I guess the OP is saying with those extra picks, there would be less dread in giving up one's own 2nd/3rd/etc pick. The team could trade the Jets pick, but if it is a 6th, though a high one is the same as a low 5th since the Jets are picking at the top of the order.

I could see the team letting a lot of their guys no longer under contract move on, so they may be thinking volume vs attempting to move up in the 1st round. And usually with a late pick in the round, not sure if teams in the high 20's will find it worth their while to deal with the Seahawks.

Just my view on the possibility of moving up and the idea that the potential compensatory picks will have an impact on the decision to trade up.