Brandon Bridge/Backup QB options

bubbrubb

Reaction score
I don't keep as up to date as most on here, so apologies if my facts are wrong regarding TJack/Backup QB.

TJack is a UFA...so he might be gone.

Being a Canuck I'm curious to know where Brandon Bridge goes. I think he'd be a great fit behind RW. He's incredibly raw, but his arm is live. Watched him play at NFLPA bowl and he didn't seem to have the pocket presence instinct, but foundation is certainly there.

What do others think about getting him as a project behind RW? What are the backup QB options?

Mentally they are very similar...,positive, work hard, no ego types. He's an assetthat could really go up over time with RW and the organization as a whole. I don't see RW getting hurt b/c he runs smart, not fast (RG3). But Bridge may get a chance when we blwoing out the 9ers down road and I think he's a high upside guy.

Thoughts?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o46h5fJcKig[/youtube]

argh...cant figure out how to embed video

pugs1

Reaction score
As a guy who lives in Mississippi I saw Bridge when he was at Alcorn State. He was the only guy who looked like he belonged on the same field with SEC players when they played MSU. I saw him play State last year when he was at South Alabama and was not as impressed. Air Canada has interesting size and skill set but completing only 51% of his passes has me concerned. IMO I would like to see Seattle Draft Blake Sims from Bama. Blake is similar to Russell athletically had a big year in his only year as the starter 64.5% 3487 yards 28 TD's with 10 INT's he also ran for another 350 yards and 7 TD's. Plus if he doesn't pan out as a QB he is a serious conversation project to RB. I also liked Sims Moxy Bama brought in a big transfer from FSU and everyone expected Coker to win the job but Sims had other plans.

OP
OP
bubbrubb

bubbrubb

Reaction score
pugs1":259nh5r6 said:
As a guy who lives in Mississippi I saw Bridge when he was at Alcorn State. He was the only guy who looked like he belonged on the same field with SEC players when they played MSU. I saw him play State last year when he was at South Alabama and was not as impressed. Air Canada has interesting size and skill set but completing only 51% of his passes has me concerned. IMO I would like to see Seattle Draft Blake Sims from Bama. Blake is similar to Russell athletically had a big year in his only year as the starter 64.5% 3487 yards 28 TD's with 10 INT's he also ran for another 350 yards and 7 TD's. Plus if he doesn't pan out as a QB he is a serious conversation project to RB. I also liked Sims Moxy Bama brought in a big transfer from FSU and everyone expected Coker to win the job but Sims had other plans.

Interesting. I know the knock on Bridge is his accuracy. I watched the Miss St game highlights and there was alllllot of dropped balls....3 to be exact and I skipped ahead a couple times. I wonder if the talent around him had anything to do with it, but I did see him relyng on arm strength/backfoot a lot, so I think its a bit of both.