Which WR in the draft is the most Elusive

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Would love to get a guy kind of like Golden Tate who's hard to tackle. Don't watch college football so I would like some names to check out some highlights.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Before or after the catch?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Deandre Smelter reminds me of a bigger Golden Tate.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Antwan Goodley (Baylor) might not be the most elusive WR in the draft, but there's some comparison to Golden Tate. I don't think there's an exact comparison, but the guy is short and stocky / built like a running back, elusive after the catch, etc.

Not sure where he's currently projected in the draft, but might be had on day 3. Probably wouldn't excite anyone, but wouldn't be a bad consolation prize if they don't draft WR early or draft additional WR's to compete.

McGruff

Reaction score
Phillip Dorsett IMO. Kid is electric.

I know its not the big, tall flavor of the month (or last three years!), but the though long term of him on one side and Richardson on the other is frightening for opposing defenses.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Tre Mcbride just does everything right. He would work well in our system with Russell. Watch his tape against WVU. He runs away from some of the fastest DB's in college football using more than just speed and he wins the 50/50.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
DGB is very elusive. I've not seen him play for years.

EMTHawkfan

Reaction score
Take a few minutes to check out Stefon Diggs out of Maryland. I get a Golden Tate kind of vibe from him. Very similar in size (Diggs is 1-2" taller). Big hands, plucks the ball, great run after the catch. Has a lot of experience in the return game also. Worth a look IMO.

randomation

Reaction score
Agholor, the way he reads his blocks is a thing of beauty, would love to see what he could do with reverses let alone in the open field. Also would fix that whole returner issue, otherwise Lockett. I feel like Nelson has gotten somewhat forgotten because USC has been down in comparison to usual.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
The one that gets picked 1 pick ahead of us. Or are you thinking of a different kind of 'elusive'? :stirthepot:

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
It depends on how you define it.

If you're talking about the ability to break away and outrun players, I think Dorsett would be about as high on the list as one could get.

However, if you're just talking about being slippery -- I don't think anyone in the draft holds a candle to Justin Hardy. He doesn't have ridiculous speed. But he has great acceleration in the first steps. And when you watch his tape -- it is literally mind blowing that he can get virtually always open on any route. He has some 10+ reception games where with a better QB, he could have 15+. His ability to run routes, cut on a dime and shake press coverage with feet and hands is exceptional. He's like jamming a greased pig.

He's probably not a fit for Seattle. He doesn't have great size or speed. But it's as if he's made out of Teflon. Teams slant their coverage to him, or play high/low and he just splits them effortlessly. It's actually impressive to see just how comfortable he is catching balls in tight windows. He is sublimely talented at shaking defenders and breaking free when the ball arrives. And his quick burst/first step allows him to make a move and shake defenders for extra 4-5 yards even when it looks like they should drop him immediately after the catch.

He should make a terrific slot/flanker receiver in the NFL. Much like Baldwin is for us. Very reliable -- able to play inside or outside. Off LOS or beating press at SE.

For big WRs, I like Breshaud Perriman. Watching him, it's really remarkable how open he does get. Even when the balls don't come his way. He has a real knack for getting open. Just a very difficult player to cover.