Very Interesting Mock Draft From Fox Sports

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Three things (in no order):

1. Mariota to the Jets? Are they ready to give up on Geno Smith already?
2. 3 Huskies in the first round?
3. Lynch or no, Gordon would be a solid first round pick. But... if AP gets out of Minnesota he is not making it past them.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I do love Gurley but Melvin Gordon's work ethic alone makes him a perfect fit for this team. All he wants to do is get better at playing football. Way too many talented athletes who don't put in the effort for the love of playing the game. Would be pumped if he's there at 31 and the FO decides to go in that direction.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Uncle Si":c306uwlk said:

3. Lynch or no, Gordon would be a solid first round pick. But... if AP gets out of Minnesota he is not making it past them.
4. Do you really see Indianapolis taking another wide receiver and not taking Gordon?

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
:?
Uncle Si":2wo7kuqo said:

I heard on the radio this morning, that at the combine, there was an altercation between AP's agent and Vikings brass.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":kcnzj0yw said:
Uncle Si":kcnzj0yw said:

4. Do you really see Indianapolis taking another wide receiver and not taking Gordon?

True... but they are thin at WR as well, no?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":1y5kk3dn said:
:?
Uncle Si":1y5kk3dn said:

I heard on the radio this morning, that at the combine, there was an altercation between AP's agent and Vikings brass.

AP is trying to force the hand of MN, which is smart. Apparently the Vikings have floated they are willing to pay him his full salary. So if AP is acting up, the Vikings can let him go with a clean conscious. However, the speculation is that the Vikings want atleast a 1, which they won't get.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2a9vl1zs said:
MizzouHawkGal":2a9vl1zs said:
Uncle Si":2a9vl1zs said:

They might be but I hear Wayne is coming back and if they ever want to be considered top tier or ever be able to compete with Denver or New England they will have to have a balanced offense or at least an offense similar to Green Bay's which can run with decent success most of the time.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":33qixy81 said:
Uncle Si":33qixy81 said:
MizzouHawkGal":33qixy81 said:
Uncle Si":33qixy81 said:

They might be but I hear Wayne is coming back and if they ever want to be considered top tier or ever be able to compete with Denver or New England they will have to have a balanced offense or at least an offense similar to Green Bay's which can run with decent success most of the time.
Doesn't mean they feel they have to go running back first round though. They might like Tevin Coleman or who knows who else.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Doesn't mean they feel they have to go running back first round though. They might like Tevin Coleman or who knows who else.
True, but they keep saying they want to be a power run team and they weren't scared to take a huge flyer similar to us via Harvin in Trent Richardson. They have to know that making Luck the entire offense makes it unlikely that they progress much further then they are in the AFC pecking order.

If they don't already know this from how Denver, New England, Pittsburgh manhandled them then they should have from Dallas (another balanced team that is good enough to punk one dimensional teams).

Ozzy

Reaction score
I might be the single biggest Christine Michael believer on the board and I would still be excited about the Gordon pick. I don't think it makes the most sense on paper with bigger needs at WR, OL, CB etc but it would be fun watching Gordon in a Seahawks uniform. I just dont see them cutting Michael or Turbin so not sure how it would work.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
austinslater25":3udkf3du said:
I might be the single biggest Christine Michael believer on the board and I would still be excited about the Gordon pick. I don't think it makes the most sense on paper with bigger needs at WR, OL, CB etc but it would be fun watching Gordon in a Seahawks uniform. I just dont see them cutting Michael or Turbin so not sure how it would work.
He could find success being eased in as a rotational 3rd down guy. Yeah, a 1st round pick is high for a situational player, but Beast won't be around forever and Gordon has some learning and adapting to the NFL to do. One low-pressure year of seasoning under Marshawn? Yes, please. If Marshawn's back flares up, let Turbo, Gordon, and Michael establish a nice RBBC. Long term, it would be a gift if he falls to us.

jhern87

Reaction score
Love Gurley but he's coming back from a scary injury. I would be thrilled to get Gordon.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I just really do not see us taking a running back in the first round. I see a WR or maybe a CB. Cameron Erving would be an interesting pick if he made it to 31.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3u5i8b06 said:
Uncle Si":3u5i8b06 said:

The Colts have money to burn in FA. I think they will ultimately land Murray to shore up that gaping hole at RB.

Also you brought up Wayne.. Wayne is a shell of his former self. Moncrief will be a stud and Hilton is nice.. but it wouldn't hurt to add another stud for Luck to sling the ball to.

I think defense is probably a bigger need for the Colts though if they sign Murray in FA. But again, the Colts have a TON of cap room. It's not out of the question to assume they fix a few holes that way.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":jt2dsrke said:
MizzouHawkGal":jt2dsrke said:
Uncle Si":jt2dsrke said:

The Colts have money to burn in FA. I think they will ultimately land Murray to shore up that gaping hole at RB.

Also you brought up Wayne.. Wayne is a shell of his former self. Moncrief will be a stud and Hilton is nice.. but it wouldn't hurt to add another stud for Luck to sling the ball to.

I think defense is probably a bigger need for the Colts though if they sign Murray in FA. But again, the Colts have a TON of cap room. It's not out of the question to assume they fix a few holes that way.
Everybody already has them in as a major player for Suh and by all accounts Dallas isn't just going to let Murray walk unless he gets a ridiculous offer. Should be interesting in the next 7-10 days.