Draft Simulator First-Pick

GoHawks

Reaction score
Been playing with the draft simulator, and this most recent attempt, pratically every time my pick came around I was able to trade down anywhere from 1-4 spots and pick up a couple early picks in each of the next two rounds

Here's the post of the haul ! ( It could totally happen - NOT ! )

Your score is: 5225 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 7 (CHI): Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 31: Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana (A-)
Round 3 Pick 1 (T.B.): Jalen Collins, CB, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 2 (TENN): Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF (A)
Round 3 Pick 3 (JAX): Tre' Jackson, OG, Florida State (A)
Round 3 Pick 4 (OAK): Preston Smith, DE, Mississippi State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 5 (WASH): Derron Smith, FS, Fresno State (B)
Round 3 Pick 6 (NYJ): Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest (C+)
Round 3 Pick 7 (CHI): Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon (A-)
Round 4 Pick 1 (TENN): Kevin White, CB, TCU (C)
Round 4 Pick 4 (JAX): Rashad Greene, WR, Florida State (A)
Round 4 Pick 5 (NYJ): Ben Koyack, TE, Notre Dame (A-)
Round 4 Pick 6 (WASH): Markus Golden, OLB/ILB, Missouri (B+)
Round 4 Pick 7 (CHI): Andy Gallik, C, Boston College (A)
Round 4 Pick 9 (NYG): Ibraheim Campbell, SS, Northwestern (B+)
Round 4 Pick 31: Ben Heeney, ILB, Kansas (C)
Round 5 Pick 5 (WASH): Tyler Lockett, WR, Kansas State (A)
Round 5 Pick 6 (NYJ): Vince Mayle, WR, Washington State (C+)
Round 5 Pick 8 (NYG): Jeff Heuerman, TE, Ohio State (B-)
Round 5 Pick 31: Adrian Amos, FS, Penn State (C)
Round 6 Pick 5: Eric Rowe, CB/FS, Utah (C-)
Round 6 Pick 7 (CHI): Tre McBride, WR, William & Mary (D+)
Round 7 Pick 31: Antwan Goodley, WR, Baylor (B)

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Thats all interesting, and I'm not sure what it is, but, do you think the Hawks are now a quantity over quality?

I mean, are we just throwing as much as we can on the wall just to see what sticks?
During the rebuilding years, after Mora, when Pete and John are whole selling players left and right, numbers were fine, we needed a lot. But, now, they seem to be wasted picks as we have a great foundation of players, and players that are going to stick unless, you get a very good player coming in.

Right now, I think we just need quality, in fact, lets trade up and get a good pick.. or, trade for future picks, like say in 3 years when contracts are up and we need new material.

I just don't see, massing a lot of bodies, just to see 2/3's of them cut. Just seems like such a waste.

mikeak

Reaction score
Or compete compete compete. Which does require many players.

If this was an exact science and you know those three guys would all hit then yes great. When superstars can be found in 5th round or UFA then I say continue to sign as many as possible and don't care how many doesn't make the team....

HawkFan72

Reaction score
So you ended up with the first 7 picks of the 3rd round? Seems totally possible. :sarcasm_off:

How was Jalen Collins still available in the 3rd?

jimbojones31

Reaction score
I want to like First Pick, as it would be ace to run proper simulations, but it's just so unrealistic! Every time I've tried it I've been offered multiple trade down opportunities whenever I'm on the clock. If they just fixed that it'd be a great site.

purpleneer

Reaction score
jimbojones31":27113rjn said:
I want to like First Pick, as it would be ace to run proper simulations, but it's just so unrealistic! Every time I've tried it I've been offered multiple trade down opportunities whenever I'm on the clock. If they just fixed that it'd be a great site.
I did quite a few, cuz it's fun and addicting, but I agree that the way the sims go is often pretty unrealistic. I believe that having tradedown offers does happen often, just that some of them are crazy and a lot of the simulated picks are a ways off from what will happen. I did one where the offers were so tough to turn down I made 29 picks and that was after I started to go the other way and move up just to get to the end quicker.