11 Draft Picks ... What to do?

Dang3Russ

Reaction score
So with the Hawks having 11 Draft Picks going into this, do they use all 11 up, move up in the draft, or defer them for next year by trading with teams?

I wouldn't mind seeing the Seahawks move up in the draft to grab Gordon or Gurley, or go after a premium WR. The running game is a big part of the Hawks offence and it would be nice to draft Beastmodes successor and have them learn from the best. But the WR position is one of need. I love DB89 and JK15, but we do need a WR1. OL is another position of need.

Either way, sure they will find some gems in the draft no matter where they pick. Looking forward to April 30th!

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Whatever hawksurething thinks
Future rights to Julius Jones' son

hawksurething

Reaction score
Trade up since low picks can't make our Superbowl team anyways.

Fix the Holes at both Outside WR spots With the 1st Strong or MCbride & 2nd mcbride,Conely,Dorsett,beckham,perriman if we can't land Andre Johnson.

Stay away from Coates,Greene,smith in the 1st & 2nd both. They suck or are one trick pony's.

Get DE or LG with the 3rd pick.

CBs,OTs,TEs,safety sucks this year !... Stay away from them & pick them up in FA.

Simple.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Take 11 WR's with 4.3 speed that can draw a double team

sutz

Reaction score
volsunghawk":d86486io said:
Use only the compensatory picks to draft players and trade the remaining picks for higher round picks next year.

Do this for a few years, and we'll have like 8 1st rounders in the 2022 draft.
Probably 9. By then we'll be going 2-14 on a consistent basis with that strategy. :)

Largent80

Reaction score
11 Draft Picks ... What to do?....Choose a bunch of guys nobody has ever heard of or even guessed in their mocks.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Largent80":3302y5f8 said:
11 Draft Picks ... What to do?....Choose a bunch of guys nobody has ever heard of or even guessed in their mocks.

I'd go with this. Seattle has picked at least 2 players not invited to the combine the last two years. I'd expect this trend to go up this year with the comp pick allocation.

Although I liked how SF was able to convert draft capital to future draft capital. Ultimately it doesn't appear they've garnered the quality from that. Seattle seems like a club better able to make good on that type of model.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
sutz":20a2p882 said:
volsunghawk":20a2p882 said:
Use only the compensatory picks to draft players and trade the remaining picks for higher round picks next year.

Do this for a few years, and we'll have like 8 1st rounders in the 2022 draft.
Probably 9. By then we'll be going 2-14 on a consistent basis with that strategy. :)

No way. Considering that compensatory picks are often 4th and 5th rounders, that's our wheelhouse, baby! That's where we go shopping for Pro Bowlers! We limit our draft to just those picks for a few years, and we'll be threepeating all the damn time.

Then, when all our guys get old, THAT's when we unload the 9 1st rounders and just restock with nothing but blue chips.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think Seattle is primed to move up in the 2nd round now for whatever prospect they want that falls out of the 1st.

They have a late 2nd and a bunch of mid-rounders. I expect them to move up now and go get who they want, where before I thought for sure they were going to trade down out of the 1st again.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Part of me would like to see them move up in the 2nd to get their guy and not wait. But on the other hand, we have so many good picks, I would like to add depth and possible starters in future years. This is going to be a big time draft for the Hawks and I think adding 11 players would be a great infusion of talent and cheap talent at that.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
What I truly wonder is what John Schneider sees as the strength of the 2016 draft so we could factor that into our projections for this year's draft.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1bnyefmk said:
What I truly wonder is what John Schneider sees as the strength of the 2016 draft so we could factor that into our projections for this year's draft.

I've seen him mention the third and fourth round on a couple of occasions. I don't think it's coincidence that we got NO's 4th round pick in the Graham trade.

May also lead to trading down from #63. Probably will depend on how far and who's left. Seems that there is an abundance of project picks that we may also like in the 5th. I can see us wanting to load up on some 5th round picks as well.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Take all 11 as they are. Let the draft come to you. Over draft each pick to guarantee your guys.

LTH

Reaction score
Its been three years since the Hawks have had a number one draft pick and it feels like they cant sign a top FA... Its amazing to me that the Hawks can win like that...

Dont get me wrong Im not complaining but DAMN... it does make the off seasopn a bit boring... and then when the draft comes around this team is almost impossible to try and figure out what the heck they are going to do...

Trade up with all those picks? there must be odds in Vegas for this? I put my money on the Hawks trading down for more picks they wont be satisfied till all they have is all seventh round picks.. :sarcasm_on:

LTH

delagator7

Reaction score
Proposed trade by Philly (our 2 (63) for 3 (84), 4 (110), 5 (137)

for the 1st pick, another speed receiver like Paul Richardson.
the best of the receivers who fall into the 3rd round.

I like Tyler Lockette, Kansas State , Devin Smith Ohio State , or Philip Dorsett- WR Phillip Dorsett 3 (84) from Philly

I am looking a future replacement for Max Unger - C BJ Finney, Kansas State 3 (95)

I am looking for a big CB to compete with Tharold Simon as the future LOB, CB Eric Rowe, Utah 4 (110) from New Orleans

I am looking for a versatile DT who can play both NT and 3DT -DT Gabe Wright, Auburn 4 (111) from Philly

I am looking for RB who can challenge Turbin and Michael -RB Javorius Allen, USC 4 (127)

2-4th round compensatory pics Pass Rusher, OL depth

DE Cedric Reed, Texas
OT Jamil Douglas, Arizona State

TE Blake Bell, Oklahoma 5th (137) from Philly

Beyond that I am tired

massari

Reaction score
It seems like they're in that position where they can/should take the best player available regardless of position. Thats what I'm hoping for anyways.

Do you guys see any chance that they use Christine Michael as a chip to either move up or get a 3rd/4th/5th round pick then draft a RB who'll be a couple years younger and will have a couple more years left on a rookie contract than Michael?