Chris Conely 4.35 at 6'2 Wow !

hawksurething

Reaction score

McGruff

Reaction score
I like Conley a lot. Great set of skills to work with. But there are a few of significant concerns.

1. He isn't a quick twitch athlete, so he doesn't get open on quick routes like comebacks, outs and slants. His routes need to build speed so he is a much better downfield player.

2. He does struggle when jammed. AT his size, he doesn't play strong enough with his hands, and without the agility to make corners miss, this strength is a must.

3. No run-after-catch ability demonstrated. He tends to catch and be tackle, and even when used on bubble screens, he doesn't make the first man miss.

That last one is the one that negatively effects him the most for the Seahawks, but even then I think they could see him for what he can do, and not what he can. He fits the Sydney Rice profile for sure.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawksurething":33fc5z7n said:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/chris-conley?id=2552652

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VmPVipftmes

Dude has lots of goods. Jump ball master. Needs better press work is the only real knock on him.

His routes are really good his size,better than dez's coming out. All big WRs run not so great routes due to gait. Jerry rice being the acception. That hill run made him superman.

Anyways conely might be had in the 2nd or 4th...after we get our surething WR in the 1st.

Doubt you ever heard of him until the combine 40 time :lol:

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
McGruff":i5p004on said:
I like Conley a lot. Great set of skills to work with. But there are a few of significant concerns.

1. He isn't a quick twitch athlete, so he doesn't get open on quick routes like comebacks, outs and slants. His routes need to build speed so he is a much better downfield player.

2. He does struggle when jammed. AT his size, he doesn't play strong enough with his hands, and without the agility to make corners miss, this strength is a must.

3. No run-after-catch ability demonstrated. He tends to catch and be tackle, and even when used on bubble screens, he doesn't make the first man miss.

That last one is the one that negatively effects him the most for the Seahawks, but even then I think they could see him for what he can do, and not what he can. He fits the Sydney Rice profile for sure.

Now that's what I'm taking about McGruff... Your pointing out weakness and how they might pertain to our scheme. Instead of just saying no without valid reasons. :)

Your 100% correct about the jam.

But at his size the quickness & yac is not needed as much.

But the jam alone screams #2 WR. But he could prove me wrong with the hawks since Wilson is working with WRs who can't get off the press since coming here. Well beside rice.

Either way I don't want him in the 1st at all. He is a good 2-4th round pick. mcbride will be better.

cover-2

Reaction score
Listening to his interviews on YouTube he speaks kind of like Russell Wilson, it's team first type of talk and the dude sounds like he is mature beyond his years. On Georgia team web site it shows that Conely had racked up a bunch of team awards his senior year, strength & conditioning award, UGA Coaches' leadership award, winner of community spirit award, SEC scholar athlete of the year. I have only scouted one of his games which is not enough for me to have a definitive thought of him as a prospect. He has shown he has a good work ethic and and he is an elite level athlete, so I could see us taking him in the 2nd or 3rd round.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
cover-2":ih6q3nju said:
Listening to his interviews on YouTube he speaks kind of like Russell Wilson, it's team first type of talk and the dude sounds like he is mature beyond his years. On Georgia team web site it shows that Conely had racked up a bunch of team awards his senior year, strength & conditioning award, UGA Coaches' leadership award, winner of community spirit award, SEC scholar athlete of the year. I have only scouted one of his games which is not enough for me to have a definitive thought of him as a prospect. He has shown he has a good work ethic and and he is an elite level athlete, so I could see us taking him in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Very good research of character my friend.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I do like Chris Conley, but I think a player that will probably be better as an NFL player (as long as he is healthy) who will be available later is DeAndre Smelter. Not that I am against drafting Conley, just not what I would do unless he really dropped or there was no one else near that 'draft pocket' that we liked.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
McGruff":1y8khp98 said:

God he sounds exactly like Rice from that description.

massari

Reaction score
bbsplitter":2tcs3hgz said:
I do like Chris Conley, but I think a player that will probably be better as an NFL player (as long as he is healthy) who will be available later is DeAndre Smelter. Not that I am against drafting Conley, just not what I would do unless he really dropped or there was no one else near that 'draft pocket' that we liked.

Hoping they can pickup Conley AND Smelter in the late rounds.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I just got through watching Conley's Career Highlights ... and let me tell you, they certainly have me reaching for the kleenex box to wipe away the drool ...

[youtube]P4fbcN54bOQ[/youtube]

Chris Conley is a guy that if I'm Schneider and he's still sitting there when the Hawks draft at the bottom of the 4th Round, I don't think I could resist.

I know that he drops his share of balls, but his he also makes a ton of eye popping plays as well. He shows a lot traits to get you excited about:

game changing speed and home run acceleration
elusiveness
finds and tracks the ball well
great concentration (note particularly the catch at 7:21 mark)
fantastic leaping ability (45" vertical, Michael Jordan had a 48" in his prime for reference sake)
good ability to drag the feet and work the sidelines and back of the end zone.
And with hands that measure an impressively large 9 7/8", he should be able to hold on to the ball once it's actually in his hands.

Seems like a very "Seahawky" pick to me and the exact kind of potential game changing player Pete Carroll and the Seahawks are looking for.

penihawk

Reaction score
I agree that the more you watch of Conely the more ya like him as a Seahawk and the homerun hitter we are looking for. Might be holding our breathe for him to make it to 112 tho.

massari

Reaction score
Should've taken Martavis Bryant last year. Time to make it right Schneids. #112 to be safe.

titan3131

Reaction score
massari":369ru6bs said:
Should've taken Martavis Bryant last year. Time to make it right Schneids. #112 to be safe.

I wanted bryant in the 3/4th last year was sad to see him get STEELERD.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
massari":32n3fun4 said:
Should've taken him over who?

titan3131

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2r790eqi said:
massari":2r790eqi said:
Should've taken him over who?

thats eazy in a perfect world we dont trade our 3rd to the vikings for harvin and we pick bryant there at 3.32