My draft crush

titan3131

Reaction score
I LIKE HIM.

I personally think that he looks like a 6" tall version of Golden tate.

he is very elusive and GETS AFTER the ball.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I like him a lot. There's still tape of a couple other receivers I want to watch more of, but as of now I have him somewhere as the 6th/7th receiver in this draft for Seattle. I think lots would disagree, but ultimately I think his ability to make big plays and be an instant starter at PR/KR pushes him up the board for Seattle.

This is a re-post of mine from another thread:

The top two guys after White, Cooper, Parker, and DGB that I think make an impact is Agholor and Strong. Of the two, Agholor has the higher floor but Strong the higher ceiling. Both pretty different players. Both I really like.

After I got a chance to dig into some games of Agholor and I came away surprised how high I was on him. He's got quickness and is physical blocking and with the ball in his hands. I thought his focus catching the ball in tight coverage was superb. Where a guy like Strong is at his best in the vertical game, making tough catches high pointing the ball over a cornerback, Agholor is better over the middle which gives him a lateral part of his game that Strong doesn't excel in. He made a number of catches in tight coverage that I wish i could make some gif's to show some examples of that. He's also experienced in a route tree. USC did well to showcase him a number of different way.

Watching his games, he come across as a emotional guy. Someone who would stand up into Sherman's face and talk trash and then back it up. Not sure what he's like off the field. From what I've seen of him play, he's offers versatile as as an nside or outside receiver which I think Pete would like. He was also a dynamite punt returner and adds the ability to make some YAC plays that we lost with Tate. I think he's one of the most elusive receivers in the draft. His combine 40 time 4.42 with a 1.53 sec 10-yard split helps confirms that. Keep an eye on his pro day numbers for the rest cause I think they'll be big numbers in every category.

I don't really care that he doesn't have "elite" #1 traits. I'm a big fan of giving Wilson a big target, but I prefer a complete receiver at 6' than a tall receiver with flaws in his game. NFL teams, especially Seattle, doesn't need #1 receiver to have a dangerous passing attack, just a group of great players. Agholor would fit into this system of never knowing who the main guy will be in any given week. Maybe some fans don't like that formula but I think that makes for a tough offense for defenses to plan for.

I've seen 3rd and 4th rd projections which IMO is way to low. I like Agholor better than I did Paul Richardson who went mid-2nd among a great class, so you can guess where I view him.

I think some people see his size and assume he's a slot receiver only, but they probably thought the same things for Paul Richardson last year. Jeremey Maclin is another guy who fits the same body type who has done fantastic on the outside despite playing around 6', 200 pounds.

I've read some thoughts that he avoids contact, but this couldn't be farther from the truth. This is a player will lower his shoulder and make a hit instead of stepping out of bounds.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
There are quite a bit of 6'-6'2 receivers that would be a fit. Agholor and Sammie Coates are a couple of similar types. Amari Cooper is another one. I saw a draft mock where Cooper dropped to end of the first round. I seriously doubt that would happen. Agholor would be a good late second or early third round pick. Richardson is not a physical receiver. He can be jammed at the line. He uses his speed to get loose but he's not like Agholor and Coates, or Tate type of receiver.

sc85sis

Reaction score
One of the hardest workers on the team. He was primarily a running back in high school and put a lot of extra effort in to become a polished WR and run good routes.

From what I've heard he's a good kid.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Outside of him running out of bounds short of the marker for no apparent reason against Utah on a key 4th down.. He was cash money at USC this season. Would not mind having him at all. He wouldn't be my 1st preference at WR but he's a good player.

OP
OP
Tylerhawk

Tylerhawk

Reaction score
He was showing a lot of skill at the combine but then he dislocated his finger if I remember right. Dose any one know where I can find some more game tape on him cant find any on draft breakdown anymore?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Unfortunately the Pac 12 had draft breakdown take down a lot of its conference prospect's game cut-ups (though it seems if it's a Pac 12 team vs another conference team those are still available.)

Your best bet is YouTube.

There's highlights of course or you can search "USC vs" with the filter set to 20 minutes or longer and find some full games on there.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Last week, he moved to #1 WR on my list for those that will be available in a position the Hawks will be drafting. So far, the Seahawks have not asked my opinion.

titan3131

Reaction score
I think he is a perfect candidate. His return abilities make him a lock for the roster and his ability to compete can get him in games.

ivotuk

Reaction score
sc85sis":17shj99o said:
One of the hardest workers on the team. He was primarily a running back in high school and put a lot of extra effort in to become a polished WR and run good routes.

Talk about a Tate clone. Golden was a running back in high school also, and it helped with his elusiveness.

titan3131

Reaction score
ivotuk":2mn2qphk said:
sc85sis":2mn2qphk said:

Talk about a Tate clone. Golden was a running back in high school also, and it helped with his elusiveness.

it must be a high school rb thing. thanks for agreeing with me ivotuk.

I really think he is a taller tate clone. He might not be as cat like elusive but he is very twitchy and fast.

My only issue is where we take him. I doubt we take him with our first pick, and I doubt he will last until our 2.31.

maybe we trade up in the 2nd?

Any thoughts on a realistic plan of action so we can call scheider up and give him the Down low.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Not sure he's quite as physical as Golden but he's a better WR coming out of college than Tate was (in terms of route running, etc.)

titan3131

Reaction score
sc85sis":398k1ds3 said:
Great interview here with Nelson, Mike Mayock and Lindsay Rhodes after yesterday's USC Pro Day.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap ... my-skills#

OMG I LOVE THIS GUY!

He talks about preparation and learning from his peers that made mistakes years before. Mayock calls him the best route runner in this draft, and talks his YAC up.

played rb in HS, " I LOVE IT, to run after I get the football, its not a mentality receptions its a mentality of touchdowns."

This guy is fire, I want him @ 63.
fap fap fap fap