Realistic 2nd round picks

titan3131

Reaction score
This is my list of picks that the hawks will target for the 2nd round this year.

Nelson Agholor Southern California WR
Sammie Coates Auburn WR
Tre McBride William & Mary WR
Jalean strong arizona WR
Breshad Perriman UCF WR
Devin Smith ohio wr
philip dorsett wr
Xavier Cooper Washington St. DT/DE
Michael Bennett ohio state DT
arik armstead oregon DE
Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB/DE, Louisville
Jake Fisher oregon Tackle
jalen collins LSU CB
marcus peters UW CB

One of these will drop and I think the hawks will pounce on it either at 2.32 or trade up for them.

Im mainly looking at our most needed positions IMO because thats where im most familiar.

anyone have any suggestions to this list I would love to hear them.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'd also add Devin Smith and Philip Dorsett to the list. Trading for Graham somewhat reduces the need to go big at receiver. They love speed on the outside.

danp1990

Reaction score
Michael Bennett DT Ohio State is a Must! we lack a good 3 tech, we have two good NT in Mebane and Now Hill but Since McDonald left to Tampa we just have to get Bennett.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I like all these picks. I think though an interior lineman may be a priority. These are more difficult to rate IMO but I have no doubt that this FO has some favorite big hosses later in the draft.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I would think Bennett would provide the best value. In most mocks I've seen, he goes top 10, top 15 lowest.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think we target Sambrailo and go WR a little later. Not sure the drop off from an Agholor to a McBride is all that much. I think Rob on his draft blog touched on him as well.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
This guy is an intriguing and rising prospect. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Hawks take him in the late 2nd or even trade back into the early to mid-3rd. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/play ... s-hardison

Marcus Hardison, a fast-rising defensive lineman who is coming off of a strong performance at the Senior Bowl. The 6-foot-3, 305-pound Hardison is a bit of a defensive end in a defensive tackle's body, showing impressive quick-twitch athleticism for a man of his bulk. He was clocked in the high 4.8s to mid 4.9s on two attempts at the 40 yard dash and came in at 4.65 seconds in the short shuttle and 7.29 seconds in the 3 cone drill. Hardison's quickness makes him one of the more intriguing interior pass rushers among this year's defensive tackles. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com
[youtube]aOxNV_oVerQ[/youtube]

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl- ... -skill-set

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
Hell yeah hardison looks like a beast!

Now what position would he play in our rotation.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
titan3131":24sz2daa said:
Hell yeah hardison looks like a beast!

Now what position would he play in our rotation.
I was thinking 5 tech like a Red Bryant type guy with his size. Hardison was a QB in High School. But, he has versatility. Seems like the kind of player the Seahawks like to bring in to compete and find out how they will best contribute... even playing more than one position.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
So basically everyone we were discussing as possibilities for 31 around a month ago? Ha, it's funny to see how quickly boards change post combine/pro days.

Devin Smith is my favorite. I think the comparisons to ODB aren't accurate, but he's a playmaker and fits exactly what the Hawks do. I'm a huge fan and would love to see him taken at 63.

Seafan

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2xy6tpqh said:
So basically everyone we were discussing as possibilities for 31 around a month ago? Ha, it's funny to see how quickly boards change post combine/pro days.

Devin Smith is my favorite. I think the comparisons to ODB aren't accurate, but he's a playmaker and fits exactly what the Hawks do. I'm a huge fan and would love to see him taken at 63.

According to reports this draft only has 18 legit first rounders and those from 19-64 are basically on the same level, lots of depth there. Not surprised when players are projected from 20 - 60. It's going to depend on individual team needs.

naholmes

Reaction score
I'd like to see them take Coates at #63. He seems to fit exactly what the offense needs, he's an elite deep threat with a freakish combination of size, speed, and strength. I can totally envision him crushing defenders with vicious blocks down the field. The knock on him is that he's raw with below average hands... but if his hands were not a concern he would be a sure 1st rounder. I think he fits in better with the Hawks than most other teams because they already have established short to intermediate receivers with Baldwin and Graham, which could allow Coates to do what he does best while adjusting to the pro game.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Is there a SPARQ Star O-lineman with good run blocking abilities, who is graded for 3rd-5th round? That guy would be my guess for our first pick.

McGruff

Reaction score
TwilightError":17c37u0s said:
Is there a SPARQ Star O-lineman with good run blocking abilities, who is graded for 3rd-5th round? That guy would be my guess for our first pick.

SPARQ isn't always the end-all be all for the Hawks at OL. IIRC Justin Britt was not a high SPARQ guy, neither was Moffitt, and I have a hard time seeing James Carpenter be all that high. But there are several appealling candidates . . .

3rd round
Dovovan Smith, Penn St.
John Miller, Louisville

4th Round
Mitch Morse, Missouri
Jamil Douglas, Arizona St.
Tyrus Thompson, Oklahoma

5th Round
Mark Glowinski, West Virginia
Jarvis Harrison, Texas A&M
Laurence Gibson, Virginia Texh

Glowinsku and Gibson in particular will be interesting to watch where they go.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Glowinski and Gibson are SPARQ demons. I'd expect them to be high on our list. Could see us reach for them quite easily by a full round if we're left with using mid/late day 3 for the OL.

Shaq Mason is pretty good. Not great SPARQ wise, but good for his expected draft range (5th-6th).

Ali Marpet is simply ridiculous SPARQ wise. I could easily see him being our pick at #63 if the WR prospects we like are taken.

Overall, there are a lot of really attractive prospects in the day 3 mix. Much more than I recall last season. If we do take a couple in this range, I wouldn't consider it much of a concession really. Guys in this range are going to be capable of playing in year 1. Possibly starting if they develop well in TC.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Thanks McGruff and Attyla. Mark Glowinski stands out as an obvious choice for the Seahawks. Good attitude, great competitor, good athlete. My guess is we reach for him on the second round, typical Seahawks, as we saw with Britt who was projected much later than where we picked him. Or maybe they wait and get Glowinski late, even better.

Ali Marpet and Mitch Morse seem like the type too. Unless they look to replace Carp with some really heavy guy..

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
TwilightError":35zot996 said:
Ali Marpet and Mitch Morse seem like the type too. Unless they look to replace Carp with some really heavy guy..

I'm not sold on necessarily us coveting a big heavy at OG. Obviously Carp's move to OG was made in order to salvage his value. He was drafted to be our RT, and from a purely draft day perspective, he looked the part.

We haven't really coveted or even tried to draft prospects of his dimensions for the interior. I don't see Carpenter as being necessarily indicative of the type of players we've targeted for the interior line.

EDIT: And it's worth noting, that we didn't do anything to really try to even extend him prior to his leaving. I think the evidence points to him being a poor fit for what we want from that position.