How the Jimmy Graham trade could shape up Seattle's draft

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I like my drafts sexy, and this one is not, but if we managed to get DL depth, a legit KR/PR who can contribute to offense, and and one legit starter at LG or C (along with competition at whichever position doesn't get filled immediately), that would be friggin' awesome.

I think Bailey deserves a shot at LG as well, but only if we have another guy with similar versatility to pick up the "utility OL" role.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Rob great article, continue to kill it so we can all benefit. Awesome work man.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The nice thing is that they've already plugged some holes.

Blackmon can return punts. I'm not sure about KO's, but they have less value. You return far more punts than KO's, especially with our defense. So, 1 WR that has vertical speed and can return kicks. We don't have to look for a larger one now, especially if Mathews progresses.

With all our mid round picks, we're set up well to get a good Center and probably Guard. We either have, or can sign, what worked for us for most of last year, so grabbing a decent Center in the draft is most likely an upgrade.

I hope we can get Williams to return for another year, but even so, we'd need depth there.

So, we've filled PR, RZ threat (and 3rd down conversion machine, mismatch, etc.), and CB. So we still need WR, CB depth, LG, C, and what else ? This is a terrible draft for Safety depth.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hoping we get Sheard in the Clemons spot.

With all those 4ths I just get a feeling JS will package a couple to move up if there is a player they covet, and they have done this before.

two dog

Reaction score
Great read Rob. If Schneider can figure a way to get both Ty Sambrailo and Tyler Lockette,
that would go a long way to making me happy.

Lockette jumps out in every game that I've watched him in. He's not only a sure handed and
dynamite punt returner but seems to get open easily and catches the ball very well. The best
to me is that he does it time after time. Consistency is a valuable trait in a rookie.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Yeah this is gonna be one of the more unsexy drafts we have ever had. But I love it. Our need for depth along the offensive line, defensive line, linebacking corps and defensive backfield are evident. I definitely agree with a WR with some upside at KR/PR.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
We need to backfill OBS as well... unless Cassius Marsh is that guy.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1yxh3mk1 said:
We need to backfill OBS as well... unless Cassius Marsh is that guy.
I really liked what I saw from Marsh before he got injured. But line depth is always a good thing.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Hawks46":3fhuinh7 said:
Blackmon can return punts. I'm not sure about KO's, but they have less value. You return far more punts than KO's, especially with our defense.
Blackmon returned a total of 5 punts for 2 yards total for JAX over the past two years... all in 2013... so at best, he's likely the back-up PR.

And he hasn't returned a KO since 2011 (for the Giants).