Seahawks RB Coach at Ajayi's Pro Day

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000479886/article/rb-coaches-from-jags-chargers-seahawks-watch-jay-ajayi[/urltargetblank]

Representatives from 20 NFL teams -- including running backs coaches from the Jacksonville Jaguars, San Diego Chargers and Seattle Seahawks -- were present at Boise State's pro day on Wednesday, when nine players worked out indoors on FieldTurf.

kearly

Reaction score
Makes sense.

Lynch just signed that extension. But, Turbin is a UFA next year. Lynch could retire at any time. Ajayi isn't a generational talent, but you won't find Lynch-lite who could be among the league leaders in broken tackles in the 3rd or 4th round most years.

McGruff

Reaction score
kearly":2ij886ug said:
Makes sense.

Lynch just signed that extension. But, Turbin is a UFA next year. Lynch could retire at any time. Ajayi isn't a generational talent, but you won't find Lynch-lite who could be among the league leaders in broken tackles in the 3rd or 4th round most years.

Funny, I keep watching and re-watching Ajayi and I don't see any of Lynch in his. He has a skinny lower body, runs very upright, and has poor balance. He bounces outside far too often and spins too much, making for easy tackles. And he is a horrible blocker.

The biggest positive I see from him is that he is a very good receiver out of the backfield. David Johnson is better, but Ajayii is close behind him.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Not wanting another 2nd round RB when we have other needs. 3rd or 4th yeah bring someone in, but what do you do with CMike and Turbine? We don't need a 4th RB. If we could get a 4th round for CMike from Dallas, Atlanta, Oakland, or Jax then I would be fine with it but disappointed in the bust that Michael was.

nwgamer

Reaction score
C Mike is far from a bust. We aren't in desperate need for RB help so he doesn't see the field. To get a better understanding of a RB draft bust see T Richardson. He has actually had the opportunities to start, C Mike hasn't. Hard to consider him a bust.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
nwgamer":jczdtivm said:
C Mike is far from a bust. We aren't in desperate need for RB help so he doesn't see the field. To get a better understanding of a RB draft bust see T Richardson. He has actually had the opportunities to start, C Mike hasn't. Hard to consider him a bust.

What is your definition of bust? Because last time I checked he has 52 carries and 175 years in his first two years. Not exactly numbers you'd want from a 2nd round RB. The fact that he couldn't surpass Turbin as the #2 RB tells you all you need to know.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":30rjaz4w said:
nwgamer":30rjaz4w said:

What is your definition of bust? Because last time I checked he has 52 carries and 175 years in his first two years. Not exactly numbers you'd want from a 2nd round RB. The fact that he couldn't surpass Turbin as the #2 RB tells you all you need to know.

Was Aaron Rodgers a bust after his first 2 seasons? 15-31 with no touchdowns and an interception.

chris98251

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1ly1iyic said:
Hawk-Lock":1ly1iyic said:
nwgamer":1ly1iyic said:

Was Aaron Rodgers a bust after his first 2 seasons? 15-31 with no touchdowns and an interception.

Rodgers had Farve ahead of him, Micheals has Turbin and Lynch, where he may not supplant Lynch he should be able to push Turbin, that has not happened.

massari

Reaction score
chris98251":2nl61le7 said:
bigtrain21":2nl61le7 said:
Hawk-Lock":2nl61le7 said:
nwgamer":2nl61le7 said:

Rodgers had Farve ahead of him, Micheals has Turbin and Lynch, where he may not supplant Lynch he should be able to push Turbin, that has not happened.

Well he's obviously a better runner than Turbin but from what I understand it's his bad blocking abilities and fumbles that keeps him behind Turbin, both of which can be fixed, just ask Tiki Barber.

Way to soon to call him a bust, especially given the fact he averages 5 YPC.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
chris98251":14wlefr1 said:
bigtrain21":14wlefr1 said:
Hawk-Lock":14wlefr1 said:
nwgamer":14wlefr1 said:

Turbin has a year more in the system than Michael and does a good job as a #2 back. There aren't a lot of carries to go around since we have Lynch to do most of the work. Would you be ready to label him a bust?

chris98251

Reaction score
As a second round pick yes, Turbin was a 4th, second round picks are players that are considered at minimum role players if not possible starters that need to fix some minor holes in their game. If Michael was a 4th or 5th rounder no. But he isn't so yes a bust label is on him for what he gets paid and what he contributes.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
chris98251":11ca8ysd said:
As a second round pick yes, Turbin was a 4th, second round picks are players that are considered at minimum role players if not possible starters that need to fix some minor holes in their game. If Michael was a 4th or 5th rounder no. But he isn't so yes a bust label is on him for what he gets paid and what he contributes.

I guess you toss out the bust label easier than I do. I think he was drafted as an insurance policy for Lynch. We probably didn't know if we could work Lynch into the budget. Turbin does fine as the backup, so why risk your insurance policy. He's averaged 4.9 yards per carry in his first 2 years, but just hasn't got a lot of carries.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
chris98251":2at2413k said:
If you want to complain how him being the 62nd pick and not contributing that's one thing. But how much he gets paid? He signed a 4 years 3.3 million dollar deal...he's barely making double the minimum. Hardly anything to point out. I mean as a 4th rounder, Turbin signed a 4 year 2.5 million dollar deal.