WR-Kenny Bell, per Matt Waldman - an underrated sleeper..

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
WR-Kenny Bell, Nebraska, 6-1/197, 4.42/40, 1.55/10-yd split, 41.5"/vert., 129"/broad jump.
Currently ranked 4-th round or later by most. Bell also has good experience and production as a kickoff returner, only a very few attempts as a punt returner. The kid can sure block downfield very well too.

Matt Waldman thinks he's very underrated and a WR sleeper in the draft. Near the end of the video, Waldman mentions PC and the Seahawks as a great landing spot for Bell. Also, I think Waldman identified himself as a big Seahawk fan!

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2015/03/06/rs ... davenport/

I think, in the upcoming draft I'd like to see 2 of the following WR's selected, (better still 3, with Waller or Conley as more of developmental picks). I currently think the Seahawks have their best chances at McBride, Bell, & Waller -or- Conley.

Smith (rd-1/2=?) ----- Speed kills, he will likely go before #63
Dorsett (rd-2=?), ----- Speed kills, he will likely go before #63
Lockett (rd-2/3=?, ---- A very competent WR with great production also returns punts and KO. (there at 63=?)

McBride (rd-3/4=?), ****** I like because he can get himself open and has good speed & quickness all around.
Bell (rd-4=?), ******* I like because he will be a complete + WR in 1-2 years after learning more technique.
Conley (rd-5=?), ------- Could be a great later round pick, needs coaching up, but wow #'s at combine.
Weller (rd-5/6=?). ******** Height, speed combo with a need for further refinement. Just wait a year or two.....

McGruff

Reaction score
Bell was one of the top rated sparq players at his position, and that got people's attention big tine. Kinda surprised it's taken this long to get a nationalnadvocate.

sutz

Reaction score
I don't think I'd go 3 WR this draft. We have a couple of other places where we'll need depth, and I still haven't given up on PRich and Norwood. It's their second year, it would be nice if they step up.

Bell's creds as a KR are particularly interesting. It would sure be nice to get someone there.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Tre McBride or Kenny Bell would both be nice additions to the WR corps. Both have quite high SPARQ scores, both have some returning skills, both have played on ST, both are good blockers for the running game.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
My only concern would be Bell's injury history. He does get nicked up with some regularity and has missed games due to concussion. It's not an extensive history in that regard, but I'd guess it would be somewhat of a red flag. Particularly topical, with the latest cases of players retiring early due to concussion concerns (Ryan Swope and Chris Borland).

Obviously these cases are isolated, individual matters. But it's still worth considering. Swope was a player who seemed very attractive for Seattle who we passed on many times -- and ended up retiring before ever setting foot on the field. Bell otherwise seems to be a pretty solid mid round candidate. We can't really be certain how his injury history will affect his status.

hawksbrainiac

Reaction score
Yes Kenny is skinny,but all muscle! He is a straight line burner with amazing hands. A good 5th round pick.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
hawksbrainiac":178v1ns4 said:
Yes Kenny is skinny,but all muscle! He is a straight line burner with amazing hands. A good 5th round pick.

But does he demand double teams?

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
hawksbrainiac":10xmn6rs said:
Spleenhawk2.0":10xmn6rs said:
hawksbrainiac":10xmn6rs said:

But does he demand double teams?

Does he have too ?

You tell me - you once claimed that the ability to draw a double team was THE most important WR trait