5 Seahawks Draft Rumors . . .

McGruff

Reaction score
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2015/04/0 ... d-to-know/

I know nothing about rant sports. Sounds like a lot of speculation, but take it for what its worth. If there is any truth to it, it looks like the Seahawks are targeting (in order) . . .

1. WR Breshard Perriman
2. WR Sammie Coates
3. WR Tyler Lockett
4. OT Ty Sambrailo

And Mike Davis is apparently a lock for Seattle.

Not really any surprises . . . Perriman and Coates fit the profile. Sambrailo and Davis have been linked to Seattle for quite some time.

I guess the surprise would be if any of those 5 things actually happens.

titan3131

Reaction score
If i was JS I would trade up for perriman and I pray that this rumor has truth to it.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Sambrailo. Having seen a few Colorado State games last year, I did not think he looked like a draftable player. Decent technique in pass pro . . . But he's a poor athlete who lacks tenacity. Has no explosiveness or upper body strength. He spends way too much time blocking air and seems hesitant to mix it up as a run blocker. Having a good kick step is not enough to warrant being drafted, IMO.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I really hope the whole Mike Davis thing is just a smoke screen. Either that or they take him in a round that accurate reflects what type of runner he is; aka not early.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
bbsplitter":s5anyig7 said:
I really hope the whole Mike Davis thing is just a smoke screen. Either that or they take him in a round that accurate reflects what type of runner he is; aka not early.

In a deep RB class, I think he is a 5th Round pick. He is by far the best blocker in this RB class. He is also the most physical runner in this class, IMO. And he has good hands when catching passes out of the backfield. Basically, the perfect Turbin replacement. I would start him at fullback and use him as a 3rd down back for blocking purposes.

My draft crush in this crowded RB field is David Johnson (aka Marcus Allen 2.0). But that would likely mean the end of the Christine Michael experiment.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1ui2h5xj said:
bbsplitter":1ui2h5xj said:

In a deep RB class, I think he is a 5th Round pick. He is by far the best blocker in this RB class. He is also the most physical runner in this class, IMO. And he has good hands when catching passes out of the backfield. Basically, the perfect Turbin replacement. I would start him at fullback and use him as a 3rd down back for blocking purposes.

My draft crush in this crowded RB field is David Johnson (aka Marcus Allen 2.0). But that would likely mean the end of the Christine Michael experiment.

I do like David Johnson, my biggest knock on him is that he is a VERY upright runner. Like sometimes I wonder if his knees are locked haha. I don't really know who my favorite RB in this draft is. I like Josh Robinson, runs low with power and good lateral movement, and well above average pass blocking skills. He is slow though. Molasses slow sometimes.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
bbsplitter":3v2xnmq6 said:
hawknation2015":3v2xnmq6 said:
bbsplitter":3v2xnmq6 said:

I do like David Johnson, my biggest knock on him is that he is a VERY upright runner. Like sometimes I wonder if his knees are locked haha. I don't really know who my favorite RB in this draft is. I like Josh Robinson, runs low with power and good lateral movement, and well above average pass blocking skills. He is slow though. Molasses slow sometimes.

True but there have been quite a few successful "upright" runners: Adrian Petersen, DeMarco Murray, Eddie George, Eric Dickerson, Earl Campbell, Marcus Allen, etc.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2qi0vqte said:
bbsplitter":2qi0vqte said:
hawknation2015":2qi0vqte said:
bbsplitter":2qi0vqte said:

True but there have been quite a few successful "upright" runners: Adrian Petersen, DeMarco Murray, Eddie George, Eric Dickerson, Earl Campbell, Marcus Allen, etc.

Eric and Earl were upright? But yeah you have a point, its not the end all be all, just something I noticed, causes him to lose balance often.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
STeven Jackson was another one with an upright running style.

But Johnson seems stiff to me. I like him much better at WR than RB.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
bbsplitter":1crk44ha said:
Eric and Earl were upright? But yeah you have a point, its not the end all be all, just something I noticed, causes him to lose balance often.

That was the style they were known for at the time. Campbell was better at getting low through the hole.

006273567.jpg

08deb295bfed5317a834b1b8d521f7f6

hawknation2015

Reaction score
McGruff":1ojc55t8 said:
STeven Jackson was another one with an upright running style.

But Johnson seems stiff to me. I like him much better at WR than RB.

Actually, I think DJ has some of the most fluid hips in this class of RBs. That's what allows him to make all those sick cuts at his size. At 6'1, 224 lbs, he had a 6.82 3-cone at the combine, which is one measure of hip turnover quickness. Compare that to Adrian Petersen's 7.09 or DeMarco Murray's 7.28.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Boy if they came away with Perriman and Sambrillo that would be the makings of a fantastic draft.

kearly

Reaction score
Half-assed internet speculation, sprinkled with some light reading at SDB. There are some good players on his list, but of all those players only Lockette truly feels 'Seahawky' to me.

Perriman is really good but he kind of goes against the recent drafting history of the team. Usually when it comes to WRs Seattle targets prototypical guys, with the exception of Golden Tate back in 2010. Perriman is a bit of an oddball, almost looks like a RB playing WR. Then again, Seattle does tend to draft "odd" players quite often in the later rounds, they just don't do it as often early. I think he'll be gone by #63 either way. Dude is a PLAYMAKER. Would be a great pick if it happened, I'm just not seeing it in my crystal ball for whatever reason.

It's hard to get a bead on Cable's OL preferences. If anything, he has a history of getting the Seahawks to draft players a round or two early (Moffitt, Britt, Carp, etc). I thought Bitonio fit him reasonably well, and the Hawks passed on Bitonio at #32 last year to select Britt a round later. Britt still has a chance to be okay, but that's a goof up.

I don't know if they draft him, but Devin Smith to Seattle feels so obvious to me, though it would require them to move up. Seattle needs an elite deep threat and they need an ace KR. Smith also plays with a chip on his shoulder and came from a very similar offense to Seattle's at Ohio State. He's the perfect WR for Seattle and their current needs. I suspect that Smith is their plan A and Lockette is their plan B. I'd be very curious to know what they think of Perriman, whether they think he's the piece they need or if he's too redundant with guys on the roster already.

I still think Ajayi is the RB Seattle is looking at the longest. I could easily see them penciling him in at #95. He's got some extremely rare traits that Seattle is always on the lookout for. I'm not saying he's a perfect RB, but he's talented in some key areas and he just "feels" uber Seahawky, and PC/JS tend to draft by feel.

Regarding the South Carolina RB, I don't think he's actually all that talented, even if he does fit our MO. Seattle can easily go through this draft without selecting a RB at all, I think if they do take one it will be a guy with rare qualities. If they do take Davis, it will be only if he falls very far in the draft and it becomes a Spencer Ware type of situation for them. And that's assuming they have a much higher opinion of him than I do.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
This definitely feels like speculation made by someone who glossed over some Seattle draft articles/news and regurgitated it with a more definitive tone.

Honestly the only names on that list that intrigue me are Coates and Lockett.

I don't get the love for Perriman. In my mental filing system, he's right next to Kelvin Benjamin, though he lacks the same ridiculous size. For as big as he is, I don't think he uses his hands or size particularly well which bothers me and on film he doesn't look all that fast. I was stunned to see his 40 time after watching him (in my eyes) plod around. He just looks like such a meh prospect to me when I watch him.

Coates and Lockett are exciting and I'd be happy to get either but I'm not sure either of them fit what this team so badly needs. I completely agree with kearly that Devin Smith is the ideal fit for this team simply because, in my opinion, he is hands down the best deep threat in this class and I don't even think it's close. Coates to me at least offers that freak home run potential that I want on this team but I think he fits more in a Percy type role than a traditional role.

I'm feeling a bit like I did in 2013 because one of the players I like is very reminiscent of a player the Seahawk's drafted the year before. Back then, it was Corey Lemonier, this year it is Phillip Dorsett. I really like Dorsett and think he has more Desean Jackson to his game than PRich does. I still have high hopes for PRich but I don't expect much from him next year, and even if I did, I didn't see this team use him as a deep threat much at all last year and when they did, I think he struggled. Dorsett may share a similar fate in the end, but I think he's better suited to the vertical role than PRich. Either way, I doubt he comes to Seattle.

As others have said, I hope the Mike Davis interest is purely misdirection. For some reason, when I watch him play, I just keep thinking, "Why is he making everything look so difficult?" He just seems clunky when I watch. He'll lower his shoulder and bang with a defense sure, but I cannot see him being anything more than a piece of a RB by committee type guy. He seriously compares to Turbin to me. High effort bruiser that will never be special or become a starter. I'd much rather come home with Ajayi or Abdullah (though I doubt I'll see Abdullah in a Seahawk uniform either).

I think Seattle should definitely try to get a RB this year, just because it's such a deep draft for the position. You can find high level talent in the mid rounds this year and I would be bummed if Seattle didn't capitalize. And I really hope JS/PC draft someone that at least has elite deep threat potential this year, because it could really take our offense to a new level.

Chawker

Reaction score
One rumor I've heard a "few" times this off-season is "trading Marshawn Lynch to Oakland" sending him back home to the community in which he is so fawned of and highly active. Maybe 3 first rounders would work......

Largent80

Reaction score
I like all those rumors, but Ima rumor whore. The upside is I look good in a bunny suit.

Largent80

Reaction score
"on film he doesn't look all that fast. I was stunned to see his 40 time after watching him (in my eyes) plod around. He just looks like such a meh prospect to me when I watch him."

:lol: .....He strides effortlessly to a ridiculous "meh" time. The dude looks like a natural runner to my eye. I would love him in Hawk Blue. My crystal balls say don't be surprised.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Lying season is on us in full force; for each speculation there is another, and a reason or two why the speculation is just a speculation.

At this time of the year I'm inclined to disregard most any draft rumour as being most likely simply wild-ass guesses.

I could see the Hawks draft a RB but to me Davis doesn't have a Seahawky feel to him, there are quite a few others that would seemingly be a better immediate fit if the team does plan on drafting a RB. I could see the team drafting WRs-Perriman or Coates if they fell far enough to not be an expensive trade up but i really doubt the team would trade up into the 1st rd. to draft either or for that matter trade up very far to draft either. I suspect the team sees Sambraillo as a 3rd rd. pick and curious about where the team really sees Lockett being picked. i would't think they'd draft him if they took Perriman or Coates.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Chawker":1tc6jxi9 said:
One rumor I've heard a "few" times this off-season is "trading Marshawn Lynch to Oakland" sending him back home to the community in which he is so fawned of and highly active. Maybe 3 first rounders would work......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Marshawn Lynch is not getting traded. Enough.