Rashad Greene WR Florida st.

Chawker

Reaction score
Maybe the most under rated WR in this years draft,
Rashad Greene 5'11" 175 4.4 40
He has great hands, good speed, can separate himself with a burst, and a high YAC. Could be dynamic in the return game. Back to back 1,000+ yard seasons.
@ #62 The Seahawks have to give him great consideration and the impact he would have on our offence.
Not only that but he also where's the number 80.

Donk70

Reaction score
We already have too many runt WRs. We need a big body that can box out a DB.

McGruff

Reaction score
Donk70":21ey3n86 said:

Same thing everyone said last year before we drafted Richardson.

Largent80

Reaction score
We already added a 6'6" pass catcher. I don't think the staff is overlooking anyone.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
McGruff":1afzavyj said:
Donk70":1afzavyj said:

Same thing everyone said last year before we drafted Richardson.

This is quite true. Although the post draft comments by Pete indicated that they were legitimately looking for that kind of WR (Big physical wideout), but that there weren't guys that had what they were looking for.

I'm not sure if Seattle was already at that time hedging their Harvin bet at that time. Richardson seemed to be kind of redundant in terms of WR type. Seattle does tend to look for adding unique qualities to their roster. That's been alluded to by Pete repeatedly. I'm not sure we're looking for a shorter WR or not. Obviously teams like GB, who draft very well at WR don't ascribe to that. They just take talented players however they present and plug them in.

I'd say WR seems to be pretty wide open. Although with the relative difficulty of acquiring a quality big WR -- I tend to think we consider them as we do LT candidates on the OL. Specific physical qualities that merit overdrafting if available.

If we're not looking at big receivers, then there is just a huge collection of late 2nd to mid 4th WRs to choose from. They've all been cited in some form or another:

Dorsett
McBride
D. Smith
Agholor
Hardy
Bell
Crowder
Lockett
Greene

The list of bigs is far more limited:

DGB
Perriman
Coates
Funchess

It's possible we see a slew of bigs taken early (White, Cooper, Parker, Strong, Perriman, DGB). The short/medium WR group is likely to remain untouched. But if one of those four bigs presents and appeals to Seattle strongly -- I can easily see them going that route considering how difficult finding bigger WRs are year after year. Maybe targeting one of the shorter WRs that is leftover at the top of the 4th. Or simply going with a project later.

I certainly don't see them being done with getting big mismatch WRs just because we picked up Graham. If anything, I think they'd like to double down on that ability.

McGruff

Reaction score
I think part of the issue is that Seattle values speed, agility and RAC ability very highly for ALL it's WR's . . . amd they will not sacrifice those qualities for size. That significantly narrows the field when you are looking for not only big guys, but big guys who can run and move.

LTH

Reaction score
McGruff":235gdcsk said:
I think part of the issue is that Seattle values speed, agility and RAC ability very highly for ALL it's WR's . . . amd they will not sacrifice those qualities for size. That significantly narrows the field when you are looking for not only big guys, but big guys who can run and move.

I thought The Hawks value big play making ability?

LTH

ivotuk

Reaction score
LTH":2ad944gk said:
McGruff":2ad944gk said:

I thought The Hawks value big play making ability?

LTH

Which you only get from Speed (PRich), agility (ADB maybe?) and run after catch (Golden Tate).

Seafan

Reaction score
There are A LOT of WRs in this draft. The Hawks may not have interest in any of them or they might pick a couple. They suited up 5 UDFA WRs in the Super Bowl. With a power running game centered offense and a short QB drafting more short/skinny WRs doesn't seem to be the best way to improve the roster. Jimmy will be the answer to the passing game.

original poster

Reaction score
It would be great if we could pick up a #1 in the 4th round, most likely a guy nobody has ever heard of.