Titans trade #2 to Chargers?

dino26

Reaction score
Just saw on Facebook a rumour of Whisenhunt looking to trade the 2nd overall pick for Philip Rivers !

If true do you think this would be the right move or take Mariota with second of he is there?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think the Chargers would be absolutely foolish to do such a trade. And I think the Titans would still stink.

Largent80

Reaction score
Rivers is in his last year. He will leave SD for the South where he is from.

I doubt SD would do this, however.....he IS in his last contract year.

kearly

Reaction score
Almost sounds like wishful thinking from a Chargers homer. It's like one of those Billy Beane trades where he gives up a few months of Mark Mulder to get a young Dan Haren, etc. The Chargers are a bit of a finesse offense that lives off a short yardage timing pass attack similar to the Patriots, and they play in the AFC, so it's a good spot for Mariota. The Chargers tend to run the football a lot when their RBs aren't injured, which also helps.

This trade only makes sense as a short term job security move for the powers that be in Tennessee. The Titans are one of the most talent depleted teams in the league. It would be a bit like the Erickson Seahawks bringing in Warren Moon. It will put them on the edge of the playoff hunt, but only for a few years and then it's time to start over again.

I would understand this rumor a lot more if it was Tampa. Tampa is bad, but they have a lot of young talent and could improve dramatically at any moment.