Draftee: DE Frank Clark visits Seahawks

McGruff

Reaction score
S hematically he is probably the best fit for us at the LEO position. But the blotter on him is disturbing to say the least.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I've read reports that he likely won't be there past the 4th round. He's rising up draft boards. Perhaps something has changed about the off-the-field concerns?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
They definitely are bringing in a lt of DE's. I'm thinking they're looking to bring a bunch in as UFDA's if possible. Or draft in the 4th round and beyond.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
But for the character concerns which have been significant, this player is most likely a top 100 player or better. He's very athletic and while perhaps is not a freak is pretty SPARQ'd up and really fits our scheme. Like a lot of players these kids come from violent upbringings and are often immature in resolution of personal problems. This visit is primarily to check him out as a character and not to assess him physically, though of course confirming his physicality will happen to some degree. I think this player is a legit candidate for our team's roster if the team can satisfy themselves he's matured as result of his recent punishments. I agree that he looks to be a 4th round pick. He's risen from the undraftable recently as result of the positive resolution of his domestic violence situation. I like his potential fit with our roster and believe this team is now strong enough to to absorb him. The cost of moving him out would not be high if he were to prove to have not grown up, but the upside of drafting him could be high.

In another time I doubt he'd even get a sniff from the team but this team now has taken a few misfits and turned them into team players. I'd not be surprised if the team drafted Clark.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I like his play.
I hope like hell they draft this guy.

titan3131

Reaction score
Depending on how the draft plays out I would be okay drafting him in the 3rd.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Clark was one of the most productive pass rushers in college football last season, getting pressure in the backfield on 14.4% of his pass rushing snaps. Unfortunately, he only rushed the passer 191 times last season due to his arrest for domestic violence.

cff-sig-prp-ed.png

ivotuk

Reaction score
He looks pretty good and his combine numbers are impressive, 34 and 3/8" arms. Would love to see him in Seahawk Blue.

The "Weaknesses" listed are poorly written. "Marginal change of direction talent" yet his 3-cone was 7.08 seconds. 20 yard shuttle, 4.05 seconds, 60 yard shuttle, 11.22 seconds. I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure those aren't "marginal" times.

WEAKNESSES Effort rusher who relies on motor and power over talent. Lacks fluidity and natural transition from move to move as pass rusher. Doesn't gain much ground with spin-move counter, often twisting in place. Lacks subtlety of movement or footwor...Marginal change-of-direction talent.

PRO DAY RESULTS
40-yard dash: 4.64 and 4.68 seconds

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/ ... id=2552629

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3ae3ifzn said:
I like his play.
I hope like hell they draft this guy.

As do I. Clark's been on my radar for quite some time. If he's still sitting there in the late 6th or 7th round, I would absolutely pounce on him if I were Schneider. These are exactly the kind of high risk/high reward guys that you should be looking for at that point in the draft.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Seafan":3tlmashi said:
He won't last past the 4th.

We shall see. I've watched every draft faithfully since 1990 and I'm continually in shock and awe at the guys who are supposed to be drafted high who fall ... and the ones who are projected low who are taken high. It's happened every single solitary year and I don't expect this one to be any different.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":36lqkunm said:
Seafan":36lqkunm said:
He won't last past the 4th.

We shall see. I've watched every draft faithfully since 1990 and I'm continually in shock and awe at the guys who are supposed to be drafted high who fall ... and the ones who are projected low who are taken high. It's happened every single solitary year and I don't expect this one to be any different.

I've got you by more than a decade and yeah, there will always be surprises. But, that's because we put too much stock in whatever we can get our hands on in terms of projections. Teams don't work that way when drafting players.

The thing, though... is Seafan is probably right. Once ya get closer to the draft, there's smokescreens and all that. But, also certain players start rising up boards and that info is found out and can be known. Frank Clark's play on the field backs it up. Of course anything can happen and does. But, Seafan is reporting what is the general consensus. This close to the draft, certain info can qualify as more than a mere guess. This is one of those situations.

If the Seahawks pick him up later than the 4th, that would be a steal. Come back in here and smear it in our faces. :D Would gladly take that. :th2thumbs: If any other team gets him into the 5th... that's not that far off from the projection. Later 6th or 7th round would mean that there's more concerns about his off-the-field (even if sorted).

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
I'll be fine with Clark going anywhere but the 49ers. :49ersmall: Hopefully its the Hawks.

titan3131

Reaction score
he is being said to be taken before the end of the 3rd.