Does anyone else believe........

vin.couve12

Reaction score
People generally like draft picks and wish/hope for draft picks that are "sexy" or based on some perceived need.

So no, I don't think so.

pcbball12

Reaction score
Generally I would say no. But, given that WR is one of the strengths of this draft I am inclined to lean toward yes this year. Honestly, I believe they take two of each WR and CB. Like every year, depends how the draft unfolds. This is a very talented WR group and may be a situation where the value is just too god to pass up.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
glad2bdada3":hn27tjgv said:
That we would pick 2 WRs over 2 CBs, ' cuz I don't ?

We have 11 picks. I'd guess it'll go:

Standard (OL/DL/LB/DB)

with the remaining 7 picks:

2 WR
1 OL
1 DL
1 RB
1 DB

With one swing pick. Could be any position.

Hawks have a good 6 deep position group at OL. I would guess we will add a street FA to help hedge that group.

Only have 5 WRs on the roster. I see adding one at least. This is a position group that Seattle isn't very attractive as far as UFAs go. So adding anything really needs to be via the draft. I also think they want more from the 2nd/3rd WR positions. Right now, that's Kearse and Matthews. I don't see us relying on Matthews being the 3rd WR. I kind of think Kearse has of shown that he's a fairly average NFL receiver. Can make good plays. Can make SB losing plays. Right after making a great play to get us in position to win. His performance can be both goat and GOAT. Given the impending cost for both of them this year and next -- makes a lot of sense they'll go WR early and maybe even double dip early. Richardson will be out much if not all of the season. And may never be the same player after a second ACL injury on the same knee.

Last year we took 2 WRs. The position group needed that infusion of talent. As of today, we can count on pretty much zero return for that draft investment. So I consider the need completely unfulfilled.

DL is a group that is veteran heavy. Lots of cap space allotted to that group. This roster is getting mature now. It's very rich especially amongst the role players. The LB group is going to get paid. That cap spend will have to come from this group. Seattle has historically used day 3 picks for their role player DL prospects.

DB group is still awesome. They added Cary Williams for the purpose of easing the need for a day 1 contributor in this corps. I still see us getting one standard lengthy/big CB. They really could use a player who can match up with slot/quick WRs. Arizona has Brown, and St. Louis has Austin in our division. Without Lane, we need a guy who really can get up to speed quickly. I can see Seattle deviating from their arm length mandate for this role. Think guys like Lane and Thurmond, instead of Maxwell and Simon.

titan3131

Reaction score
Yes because I see us getting at least 1 UDFA DB.

im predicting a high WR pick then dezmin lewis in the 4-5th.

Chawker

Reaction score
It's possible.

We have a need for a KR and a sizable WR, Kenny Bell would fill a dual purpose in this selection. Finding a do everything WR is unlikly, and having a high draft pick returning kicks is asking for trouble.

2 OL
2 WR
1 LB
1 CB
1 DL
1 RB
1 QB
2 for trade or depth

Seafan

Reaction score
The depth of this draft is at WR and OL not CB. If the Hawks stay with the strength of the draft and our perceived needs for the Hawks I highly doubt they draft multiple corners. Do they draft only one WR? Wouldn't surprise me. Do they draft only one OL? That WOULD surprise me.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Graham's size and reach took a lot of pressure off the need to take a big, strong reciever--the jump-ball artist. Our need position is interior o-line and it's a great draft for that. John Schneider has everything working perfectly, as he usually does.