Will the Hawks pick any Locals?

Largent80

Reaction score
Just wondering about this and was thinking there are a few that could come to the Hawks via the PNW.

Anyone have a guy they think may get selected or be an UDFA?

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
I could see them bring in Kasen Williams as an UDFA, and possibly Jesse Callier and Everette Thompson for tryouts. Unlikely any would make it to TC. I could also see them bring in former Husky Josh Shirley if he went undrafted.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If they go o'line in the 2nd round Oregons Jake Fisher is a potential target due to his position flexibility. I could also imagine them taking ifo ekpre-olomu in the later rounds and red shirting him for a year to let his knee heal. He was regarded as a 1st round pick before his injury and would fit perfect in the legion of boom if healthy.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
If they want to go interior defensive line and get a big guy who can pass the rusher, Xavier Cooper would be a good pick.

Vince Mayle, the receiver out of WSU could be a guy the consider late in the draft if they draft a smaller receiver early and want a big receiver who can compete against the bottom of the roster.

If we're counting Montana, Zach Wagenmann could be a UDFA signing. Played at the same school as Brock Coyle

A DE/OLB - 6’3” 245 lbs
Accolades: 52 straight games. Career – 37.5 sacks/52 TFL’s 2014 – 17.5 sacks/22.5 TFL’s
link

Jake Fisher would be a guy I think they draft automatically if he's on the board, but I think he'll go earlier.

titan3131

Reaction score
Im thinking Xavier cooper and my self.

Im in super good shape. have a 34" arm length 6"1, 245 I can play lb or corner?

kearly

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":2jnt6i8w said:
I could see them bring in Kasen Williams as an UDFA, and possibly Jesse Callier and Everette Thompson for tryouts. Unlikely any would make it to TC. I could also see them bring in former Husky Josh Shirley if he went undrafted.

Shirley makes a lot of sense. He could be a UDFA, and his profile as a pass rusher is similar to Irvin and Avril.

Another guy I'd mention is John Timu. Would be a natural replacement for Jeron Johnson.

As J mentions, Seattle will be tracking at least a few Ducks this year, in the earlier rounds.

Next year, I am hoping Seattle gets Vernon Adams Jr.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1kgfr2oc said:
If they go o'line in the 2nd round Oregons Jake Fisher is a potential target due to his position flexibility. I could also imagine them taking ifo ekpre-olomu in the later rounds and red shirting him for a year to let his knee heal. He was regarded as a 1st round pick before his injury and would fit perfect in the legion of boom if healthy.

So you don't think they might take Grasu?

titan3131

Reaction score
Largent80":sp1xorjy said:
JSeahawks":sp1xorjy said:

I doubt it.

I dont think he will last that long 1.

2 they have never drafted a center under PC/JS

Scottemojo

Reaction score
titan3131":20ds988b said:
Largent80":20ds988b said:
JSeahawks":20ds988b said:

I doubt it.

I dont think he will last that long 1.

2 they have never drafted a center under PC/JS
Why would they draft a center? They were gifted Unger by the previous regime.

titan3131

Reaction score
Always compete? The position hasnt had anyone worth drafting vs other positions in their mind.

I believe that trend continues.

Plewis / lempedia are solid starters. we need a depth and the value @ 2/3 is too high for WR / De/dt.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Largent80":1k9ku6oa said:
JSeahawks":1k9ku6oa said:

Forgot about him. I wouldn't take him in the 2nd, any time after that I'd be comfortable with it.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Outside of the obvious, Eastern Washington's Jake Rodgers and Tevin McDonald are intriguing free agent prospects.

Rodgers has pretty good length (6'6, 33.35'' arms) and athleticism (104 pSPARQ) for the tackle position. I like his nastiness as a run blocker, but he needs to continue to get stronger as a former TE.

randomation

Reaction score
kearly":158yehi7 said:
Next year, I am hoping Seattle gets Vernon Adams Jr.

I think Adams is going to blow up at Oregon and be a first/second round pick personally. Either way will definitely be interesting to watch.