Full 2015 SPARQ Rankings

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Awesome . . . thank you! It will be interesting to compare these scores to last season's class.

2015 OL:
ol_top.png

JMMNhnR

2014 OL:
2014draft OT 1

hawknation2015

Reaction score
OL depth this year is kind of fascinating. There were only 13 offensive linemen last year with 100+ pSPARQs. This year there are over 70 if these calculations are accurate. Last year, only three linemen had 120+ pSPARQs. There are twice as many freaks this year.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Byron Jones 150 pSPARQ is one of the highest I have ever seen. For a CB in particular, that is insane. Darrelle Revis and Champ Bailey were at around 135. Patrick Petersen was at 139. The few that have been higher include Calvin Johnson at 155. Vernon Davis had a 147.

Jones was also incredibly productive before getting hurt last year, allowing an NFL passer rating of just 26.3, the best mark in the FBS for all corners. He allowed just 12 catches for 123 yards and zero TDs.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Wow, that is a high score for CB B. Jones. I looked up the #1 SPARQ TE Brian Parker a week or so ago. There's some youtube footage and he's pretty good. Anyone know anything more about him or have an informed assessment?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks drafted a TE, especially one that can block to compete. Beyond Graham and Willson, there's a competitive situation. Maybe even Willson has competition. But, as it stands now, I think he's in. With Allen, McCoy, Helfet, you've got injury history and uncertainty. (I was hoping to see R. Allen come out of nowhere last year and shine. He's still around, so maybe there's something there. Helfet has shown some things. Of course, if the Hawk get McCoy back to his form, that could be huge.

Draft wise, Tyler Kroft (Rutgers) seems to be a good one to draft to come in and compete. I know he's got a modest SPARQ score.

penihawk

Reaction score
I think we take a TE as well. Too many question marks after JG & Willson. SPARQ numbers aside I like Nick Boyle in the 6th rd.

original poster

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not convinced we will draft a tight end either in honesty. We already have a battle on our hands at the position for roster spots.

penihawk

Reaction score
Battle? Helfet wins the 3rd spot by default at this point. They have 11 picks and McCoy hasn't played football since '12. If the right guy is on the board at the right spot they will take a TE. If they don't another 1 will be added via FA before camp.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Here are all the players who have visited the Seahawks so far, with their SPARQ rating

CDJWbxtW0AIUIZq

CDJX8nQWgAQMsLU

The ones that stick out:
WR Chris Conley - #1 overall WR
OL Mark Glowinski - #3 overall OL
DL Kristjan Sokoli - #1 overall DL
EDGE Frank Clark - #5 overall EDGE

Given our history with taking SPARQ'y guys.. I'd say pay attention to all 4 of these guys.. particularly Conley and Glowinski.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
penihawk":161o4xzy said:
Battle? Helfet wins the 3rd spot by default at this point. They have 11 picks and McCoy hasn't played football since '12. If the right guy is on the board at the right spot they will take a TE. If they don't another 1 will be added via FA before camp.
Yep. Will be interesting to see what McCoy might contribute at this point. Loved his play 2 years ago. But, just can't be too confident with that at this point. Still, hopeful.

There might not be too many "right guys" on their board at TE that would trump picking another position of need. But, I could see a few TE prospects worth taking. Depending on what's left on the board at the end of the 2nd, I honestly wouldn't even be surprised if they selected Clive Walford if still available. 1)There is the Hurricane connection now, 2) How cool would it be to have a guy named, "Clive" added to the team ;) 3) Blocking / total package player.

Don't anyone assume just because they picked up JG, that they're done addressing the position.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2t51a966 said:
Here are all the players who have visited the Seahawks so far, with their SPARQ rating

CDJWbxtW0AIUIZq

CDJX8nQWgAQMsLU

The ones that stick out:

Given our history with taking SPARQ'y guys.. I'd say pay attention to all 4 of these guys.. particularly Conley and Glowinski.
I would love to see them land Conley and Clark. Those are two of my favorite prospects for the Hawks at this point. Demarious Randall (or Adrian Amos) would be nice as well.
Here's another list. Not a "visits" list, but players having some contact with the team. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -nfl-teams

A Center I think might fit the Hawks is Greg Mancz (Toledo). He's listed at the bottom of this (no SPARQ scores given, none or AJ Cann and a couple others as well.) https://3sigmaathlete.files.wordpress.c ... bottom.png

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":8ljymhdj said:

CDJWbxtW0AIUIZq

CDJX8nQWgAQMsLU

The ones that stick out:

Mark Glowinski is very intriguing. He's built in the same mold as Justin Britt and J.R. Sweezy . . . powerful upper bodied players who are a little stiff in pass pro. I would not be shocked if we took him as high as No. 63 and plugged him in as the starter at LG, moving Bailey back to backup OT.

Latest posts