Hawkscanner's 2015 Mock Draft

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Hawkscanner’s 2015 Mock Draft

For me, this year has been one of the hardest in years to get a real handle on in terms of where teams are going. The huge diversity in predictions in the mocks out there shows me there is a real lack of consensus amongst the experts. To me, that lends a lot to credence to John Schneider’s assertion that only 16 players in this draft class deserve 1st round grades. That said, I see a great deal of depth in the middle rounds of this draft and the Hawks should be able to mine themselves a few jewels there. While many are predicting him to trade up, I fully believe Schneider to go the other way and take advantage of the depth of this class by trading down from #63, picking up another mid round pick or two along the way. The following mock represents players whom I believe could be available at these slots and whom I believe Seattle would have an interest in. If Schneider stands pat and doesn’t conduct a single trade (a highly unlikely scenario in my book), here’s one possibility of how I see this panning out …

Round 2 (Pick 63) – OT Cedric Ogbuehi, Texas A&M (6’5” 306 Pounds). Were it not for a torn ACL, Ogbuehi would have been a sure fire 1st Round pick. Injury concerns cause him to slide and John Schneider says thank you for the gift. Ogbuehi is a gifted athlete with quick feet, power, and moves well for a big man. He has the athleticism to play Left Tackle, so is insurance if the Hawks decide to part with Russell Okung. For this year, he should be able to lock down the LG spot vacated by the departed James Carpenter and should prove a fairly significant upgrade there.

Round 3 (Pick 95) – CB P.J. Williams, Florida State (6’0” 194 Pounds) The CB and S positions are somewhat thin in this class and Schneider makes another value pick here at a position of need while it’s here to be had. DUI issues cause one of the top CB’s in this class to slide down the board and land here. Williams is a fast (4.45 in the 40 on his Pro Day), aggressive, physical corner with good size. Just the kind of player the Hawks covet and he adds much needed depth to the Legion of Boom.

Round 4 (Pick 112) -- WR Chris Conley, Georgia (6’2” 213 Pounds) – Conley is a guy who’s been on my radar for some time now. Though he drops his share of passes, he also makes some eye popping plays as well. With a 45” vertical and capable of running a 4.35 forty, he not only has the size, but also the speed and kind of “tilt the room” athleticism and big play potential ability that Carroll, Schneider, and the Hawks covet. The Seahawks have had him in for a pre-draft visit, so it wouldn't shock me at all to hear Seattle call his name this weekend.

Round 4 (Pick 130) – DE Frank Clark, Michigan (6’3” 271 Pounds) – The risk continues, as Schneider bags himself another extremely talented high risk/high reward player in Clark. Domestic violence and 2nd degree home invasion charges cause Clark to fall all the way down to the waiting arms of Carroll and the Seahawks. Ran a 4.64 in the 40 during his Pro Day. If he can overcome his issues, he could be one of the best pass rushers in this class and one of the biggest steals of the draft.

Round 4 (Pick 134) – OG/C Shaquille Mason, Georgia Tech (6’2” 304 Pounds) – Mason really shined at the Senior Bowl this year and caught the eye of a lot of scouts. He is solid, aggressive, and has the mean streak that Cable and Seattle really likes in its linemen. He is one of (if not THE most) powerful run blocker in this draft. He looked quite comfortable at center during Senior Bowl practices. That’s where I expect him to eventually end up. One of my favorite players in this draft.

Round 5 (Pick 167) – WR Kenny Bell, Nebraska (6’1” 197 Pounds) – The great depth at WR in this class causes yet another gem to drop in to John Schneider’s lap. Bell has excellent speed (4.42), is an above average blocker (a trait that Seattle really covets in its receivers), and displayed a great deal of toughness and clutch big play ability during his time at Nebraska. He’s an excellent receiver with good leaping ability (41.5 inch vertical) whom in average years would find himself being drafted much higher. He has the potential to be one of the better receivers coming out of this draft. in combination with Graham and Conley, I think we can say that the WR position is pretty well fixed.

Round 5 (Pick 170) – OLB/ILB Jake Ryan, Michigan (6’2” 240 Pounds) – Though he’s got short arms (31”), Ryan is a player who is a physical tackler and can play multiple positions. He has decent speed (4.65 in the 40) and is Russell Wilson-like in his propensity to digest game film. With the loss of Malcom Smith, the Hawks are in need of some more depth at the LB position.

Round 6 (Pick 181) – FS/SS Anthony Harris, Virginia (6’1” 183 Pounds) -- Harris has excellent ball skills, above average instincts, and is a reliable tackler. He’s had 26 passes defensed and 10 interceptions to just 2 penalties over the last couple of years. He has reportedly above average football intelligence and instincts. Though his lack of size will prevent him from packing a whallop when he tackles, his versatility and other attributes should make him a valuable commodity. He provides much needed depth at the safety position.

Round 6 (Pick 209) – OT Andrew Donnal, Iowa (6’6” 313 Pounds) – Smart, technically sound lineman who shows good technique and has been well schooled at one of the best offensive lineman producing programs in the country. He’s versatile, having played both tackle and guard.

Round 6 (Pick 214) – OLB/DE Kyle Emmanuel, North Dakota State (6’3” 255 Pounds) – Emmanuel is my favorite small school prospect in this draft. He was Missouri Valley Defensive Player of the Year, logging an impressive 19.5 sacks his senior season. He’s run a 4.7 forty, shows great explosion off the line, and is very strong (his 27 reps at 225 lbs was the most among the linebackers). I see Emmanuel being a potential LEO prospect.

Round 7 (Pick 248) – RB Corey Grant, Auburn (5’9” 201 Pounds) – Not since Leon Washington have the Seahawks had a consistent game breaking kick and/or punt returner … but Grant could be that guy. He popped every scouts’ eyeballs out in March when he busted out a mercurial 4.28 forty during his Pro Day. He also displayed very soft hands during pass catching drills and averaged an unbelievable 9.8 yards/carry last year. Carroll’s been looking for a guy who really impact the field position game – and Grant could very well be that guy.

A few other realistic possibilities whom I like and would relish the Seahawks getting their hands on …

CB/S Eric Rowe (I really love this guy. A few weeks ago, it looked like he would be there in the 4th round, but now I’m skeptical he’s going to get down to #63)
WR Tre McBride (I think he’s got big time play making ability)
OG/C Ali Marpet (I wouldn’t complain about him at #63 whatsoever)
OT Rob Havenstein (When I look at him, I see Breno 2.0)
RB Jay Ajayi (I’d be OK with him at #95, but I just see bigger fish to fry this year)
RB Karlos Williams (a potential diamond in the rough that could be had towards the end of 5th or even 6th Round)
C Hronuss Grassu (the more I see, the better I like him. I wouldn’t be unhappy with him at #63 either)
OG Mitch Morse (athletic guard with the ability to succeed in Cable’s system)
DT Grady Jarrett (Looks like a potential star. It sounds like he’s really shot up draft boards and probably will be gone by #63)
DT Marcus Hardison (Shows a great deal of explosiveness and quickness. I think he’s got potential as a 3 technique)
DT Leterrius Walton (Good burst and athleticism. A project that might be a good get in that 5th to 6th round range)
TE Ben Koyack (Very strong, excellent blocking TE with soft hands, decent speed, and receiving ability that I believe could make a lot of sense for Seattle if he's still there in the 5th round)

Thoughts?

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Nice mock.

I wouldn't complain at all if, this time next week, we had those guys on the Hawks roster. I don't know much about a lot of this draft class, but from what I have seen and read I do like the look of Bell, Clark and Conley.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Not a bad mock. I'm not a big fan of Ogbuehi and I don't think PJ Williams is the ideal corner PC looks for.. but I like the Conley and Clark picks in R4 and the Leon Washington/Corey Grant comparison is spot on.

titan3131

Reaction score
Love it!

We got the same thoughts on corey grant!

I Do not like:

"Round 5 (Pick 170) – OLB/ILB Jake Ryan, Michigan (6’2” 240 Pounds) – Though he’s got short arms (31”), Ryan is a player who is a physical tackler and can play multiple positions. He has decent speed (4.65 in the 40) and is Russell Wilson-like in his propensity to digest game film. With the loss of Malcom Smith, the Hawks are in need of some more depth at the LB position. "

The lb's in this class the hawks like are more then likely few and far between. The combo of short arms, non impressive speed makes me meh. Our biggest weakness in lb's is KJ and looking at his contract im sure we want to compete him out before the expensive part of his contract 2018 he has a 8,200,000 cap hit.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/ala ... id=2552683

Alani fua has the height 6"5, 32" arms, 240ish, and a great 3 cone ,20 + 60 yards shuttle times. Could be great depth and replacement for him by then.

And Kyle emmanuel's arms are 31" which is short for his height, and our leo templaet is ~34 inches for arm length. It is significant to beat LT's with that length in the nfl.
I think he could be UFA imo

Just my 2 cents

loved it otherwise.