WR Chris Conley, Georgia

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I feel like people here are only hot onto him because of his 40. There wasn't much or any talk about him prior to that. He is now in everyone's "mocks' to us.

This means he will not be drafted by us fwiw.

naholmes

Reaction score
It's more than just the 40 time. It's his size (6'2" 213 lbs), strength (18 reps of 225 lbs), speed (4.35) and explosiveness (45" vert and 139" broad jump). Those measurables have him arguably as the most athletic receiver in this draft class. The interest in him increased greatly after the combine but I believe that is league wide, not just among Seahawk fans. He'll most likely be drafted far higher than anybody is expecting, like late 2nd or early 3rd round.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1umg5tkd said:
I feel like people here are only hot onto him because of his 40. There wasn't much or any talk about him prior to that. He is now in everyone's "mocks' to us.

It really doesn't mean this at all. History tells us he's very much on our radar. He's visited the VMAC. His SPARQ rating is off the charts.

I agree with the first part of your post.. but not the rest.

McGruff

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1nhjht9p said:

Other players run fast 40's but not at his size and what really stood out was the explosiveness in the leaping drills.

But even that is not enough. It does force you away from the stat line and into the film room though. And when I watch Conley's film I see a talented WR languishing on a run first team with a mediocre QB. And I see a guy who ran more routes than guys like Smith, Dorsett or Coates, ran them well enough, showed natural hands and extension, and ran pretty well after the catch. He doesn't run like a WR, shifting and spnning. He runs like a RB.

I love Conley. I think everyone knows that by now.

kearly

Reaction score
For the record I don't think he's any kind of hidden gem. He's about as natural a WR as Jake Locker was a natural QB. Conley is explosive though, and Seattle will be looking for playmakers at WR, not station to station guys. He seems like exactly the kind of player Seattle would "surprise" us with when they make their first pick.

This is actually a good draft to get an outside WR with plus tools for a 2nd day pick. Conley is talked about a lot because he got a visit here, but Sammy Coates is worth keeping an eye on too. And who knows, maybe a guy like Devin Smith slides in this draft the way Golden Tate did five years ago.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Of course people pay attention to 40 times. Because they know Pete pays attention to speed as well. I have watched Pete and John pass on too many slower guys, even really good ones, to pay them much mind anymore.

I don't think he is a great receiving talent. But he just might fit what the Hawks do.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Whatever, yet another typical small WR for Seattle. Would be nice to see a bigger fast guy instead of the same OL' same OL'. Hopefully he can actually light it up as a PR b/c he's pretty similar to either Baldwin,or Richardson.